• OP Timers

No upcoming events found
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Overman

Overman Application

62 posts in this topic

1.    List your sponsor(s) within Sniggerdly if you have any (make sure to that they post in the thread to confirm).

Rocket X, Rathnon Domitras, Keppo. 

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

Chicago, USA, English

4. Which time zone sees the most of your playing time (US/EU/AUS)?

US during the week. US/EU during the weekends depending on how busy RL is.

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

20-40 hours/wk is about right. Life and work can be erratic, but I'm usually able to play consistently. 

6. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to keep secret‚ PM the relevant infо to your recruiter when аѕked to provide API.

Overman (original owner) – Cap alt and below 
Hans K (original owner) – Blops/Soon to be decent FAX & Logi Alt when I boosh up a few more skills
Easy Slezzy (Purchased in August 2009) – I ripped out a lot of skills. Training back up and may boosh it back up if I have a focused role I want to use with it. May keep it in PHEW depending on how useful it is. 
Hans Krieger (Purchased in June 2012 from corp member) – Same as Easy Slezzy. May decide to get a super again, if so, one of these will be piloting it. 
Derek Momaki – (original owner) – Just a boring scout/bombing alt. I may train him up to dictors or another sub-cap specialization depending on what's generally needed. 

EVE Board PW: PL123

Overman    
Easy Slezzy
Hans K    
Hans Krieger
Derek Evotori

EVE Board Link            
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Overman  
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Easy_Slezzy  
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Hans_K  
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Hans_Krieger

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Derek_Evotori

Zkill Link

http://zkillboard.com/character/728057468/
https://zkillboard.com/character/1032798858/
https://zkillboard.com/character/95583341/
https://zkillboard.com/character/605996207/
https://zkillboard.com/character/95621457/

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight? Be thorough! Write a book!

Well, this should be fun. I apologize in advance for the Wall of Text and stream of consciousness here. 

I began EVE on a trial in DEC 2005 while in undergrad. I didn't get to play too much since I was playing football, had an annoying girlfriend and had plans to see family for Christmas. It seemed fun, but I was light on cash and needed to focus money elsewhere. I joined a few corps which I remember almost nothing about. Silvermoon Industries and Catalyst Reaction were HS groups and I just remember being at war and that making my mining endeavors a struggle. Galaxy Punks or Amesha Spentaz was my first taste of nullsec. I remember saving up for a Dominix, belt ratting, making a few friends and just getting dominated in every instance of PVP. I may have whored on some things during a 'large' fight at the time in a brutix. Sadly evidence of EVE early days is gone after battleclinic signed off. 

I went inactive because I was too busy drinking, working and diddling every girl I could. I resubbed, joined heretic army for a month. I just remember them being chill and letting me join since my other corp had died.  Of course, I immediately went inactive again because I was still a young  fuckboi/alcoholic. 

I had dogshit skills because I never played enough to train consistently enough. I was a filthy casual. I think around late 2008 I broke up with some floozie and was trying to save money since my roommate moved back to CO and I lived alone again. I figured I'd play eve/videogames more and go out maybe once a week. A random alt in high sec was pretty cool and invited me to his main's corp in Goonswarm. I was in Merch Industrial for a while. My plan to stop drinking did not exactly work and I'm pretty sure I just came on to lose mining ships and speak nonsense in corp chat. However, I did get a chance to join some fleets.  My skills were still shit and I was terrible, but I got a chance to PVP and that's when EVE began to take off for me. 

I ended up being purged from Goons because some guy thought I was a spy. Apparently, they thought I was an alt of someone else who got kicked. I moved on to KIA in Lyonesse which was a weird mix of terrible, fun with some decent pvp mixed in there. I switched corps somewhere in there due to making friends elsewhere. I was still bad, but I did have a lot more fun. I was playing consistently so I was at least learning at a steady rate. 

The narrative with the Haargoth Agamar booshing BOB alliance's SOV was a huge turning point. The story that developed was a blast to me and created some context to what was happening around me. I became more and more of a consistent player from that point on. KIA inevitably collapsed, but I made some solid friends and had a lot of fun. My corp at the time, Brotherhood of Suicidal Priests, went inactive. 

My CEO recommended Macabre Votum. I found a home and was in MV for over 4 years. Jamus Gorellius and Traderjohn are great friends to this day. I actually changed jobs and used EVE to curtail going out so much. In this instance, this game definitely helped me slow down a bit. I'm not going to pretend NC was an elite pvp powerhouse, but I did learn quite a bit. There were a lot of skirmishes with Tri, PL and of course the wars with IT and the DRF. I mostly remember having fun, but pre-tidi was quite awful at times. MV began to try out bombing a bit prior to the DRF war and we'd farm IRC quite a bit. MV was very big at the time so I got to see a number of different FCing styles in addition to old NC FCs. When MM moved to Delve, I had a blast with bombing and our skirmishes with PL, Nulli, Ev0ke and Cascade Imminent. Ev0ke would just smash battle fleets into us over and over again. Cascade/Nulli were big on the sov grind and provided a great opportunity for us to have great content in bombing gangs. 

Bombing Things - (edit: can't actually remember if I was on these particular runs. I knew we did a shit ton of them nightly)

Bombing Things -

Eventually, we moved onto –A- and lived in Stain. This was some of the most fun I've had in EVE. Makalu was a great FC. Mukk & PK were also a great team in USTZ. Before the Honey Badger Coalition, PL/NC. were in the area and we had a good number of skirmishes. 100MN on everything. I remember PK burning us across the east to frag a XIX titan and NCdot showed up for a great prolonged fight as we tackled about 8 supers.

Makalu being Makalu -

As far as MV, I did a lot with recruitment. I met a lot of people and I really enjoyed that aspect of EVE. I was also a bit of a cunt because I wanted everyone to be a contributor and not lose PVE ships 40jumps away during fleets. I think in general though, I still have solid relationships with most people I knew during my time in MV. I still love those guys and I'd love to meet some of them at an EVE meet some day.

However, after nearly 5 years and some internal disagreements, I decided to move on. This was hastier than it should have been, but it probably needed to happen eventually. I joined EE and found myself in the middle of a conflict between my vouching director and another director who weren't getting along at the time. Bad timing. We're all on good terms now, but I found myself out of the corp when I went on vacation. I rejoined NC. by way of finfleet and had some fun. They're good guys there, but it just was not the best fit. I knew guys from HAX. who used to be in MV and I knew Taylor04 from a few conversations we had. 

HAX was exactly what I was looking for. HAX was some of the most fun I've had in EVE. I developed my small gang skills quite a bit and came to really appreciate that aspect of the game. I'm not going to pretend to be great like Casper or Bluemelon, but they trusted me enough at times with not fucking up in gang with their shinys. I tried a number of different roles and learned quite a bit about 1v1. I won some, I lost some, but I was certainly more aware of my piloting after that time. I'm a bit rusty now, but I certainly got a lot better in HAX. We had a lot of solid players in HAX at the time. I had a lot of fun, but with such a small corp, it really needed leaders who could be active. A few people stepped in and out of leadership positions in HAX, myself included. Priorities started to change and different people took the corp another direction. HAX went to Shadow Cartel then T-C and the corp started getting more interested in cap building/bearing. This was a big changeup from the backbone of roaming and players who wanted to get PVP as much as possible. That's fine, especially if that's what most of the players wanted. I just didn't. I knew Taylor was going inactive and I moved on. I still have a ton of love for them. 

During my time in HAX, I did get the chance to meet Rekkingcrew boys and we have had a lot of fun since then. It has been over a year and I spend a lot of my time with these guys. The kills are great of course, but I've met some fun people by being in RekkingCrew. Irrespective of how this app goes, I look forward to meeting some of these guys when my girlfriend (soon fiancé…) and I visit the UK/EU next summer. 

I suppose this is a good time to say that I'm not a belligerent 23yr old anymore. I don't drink too often and I haven't had a bad drinking experience for many years. I met my girlfriend over 5 years ago, and things have slowed down a bit since. It was worth it though. My life is in order. 

Due to the changes in HAX, I moved onto V0lta. I knew SFC through people in HAX. So, it wasn't a huge transition. I knew what to expect and I knew the people I'd meet here. They're awesome guys and I was able to recapture a lot of the fun from small gangs that I had with them. I have nothing bad at all to say about V0lta. 

In general, I've made a ton of friends in EVE. As someone who did recruitment, I miss the watchlist. I miss being able to pull it up and see old faces that have come back to EVE that I knew years ago. I don't usually keep grudges. This is a game. I've grown up a bit, I know others must have too. But, it's sure fun having a mortal eve-enemy so I enjoy killing goons when possible. Gr gons. 

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

V0lta is a great group of guys. It is also very clearly a EUTZ corporation. I knew that going in and that was fine for me for me at the time since I didn't expect work or RL to slow down. Summer was very busy IRL and V0lta is very relaxed. However, I took a more specialized role with my job and the hours are more manageable. Life in general has slowed down since summer. I don't intend on having 6 weddings to attend and taking 3 unplanned trips to see family next year, for instance. I'd like to be able to play more and get more content outside of very few USTZ players in Thera. I'm looking for more content and being in a group with more members online during USTZ is a start. I also like to vary the PVP content and the options are limited for that in Thera.

9. Are you a shit disturber? Have you caused drama or headache to those around you? Be honest.

I probably was at times in the past. Generally, I think I'm a pretty ok guy. I probably played too much and got too involved at times. During law school I took some of that stress home and was a bit more vocal about stupid shit. Now? I don't think so. I know when to stfu and deescalate when things cross the line. I'm not afraid to have a reasonable debate, but I don't just start shit senselessly. I can handle getting poked and I have a thick skin.

10. Why are you trying to join Sniggerdly over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within Pаndemic Legion?

It really comes down to having good friends in Snigg and wanting to enjoy more of the game with them. Rocket, Quickload, Socos, Keppo, Yoda, Tarass Enko, Tara, Malus Fenix, etc are all good homies. I know theres's a lot more they're involved with and fun they're having. I'd like to enjoy some of the same good times. They love the corp and have nothing but good things to say about it. Also, I've killed with or been killed by Snigg throughout most of my EVE career. Corps in EVE have come and gone, but Snigg remains solid and very active. Ultimately, I like the idea of settling into Snigg knowing it's going to remain a solid fixture with in EVE, with good people, for years to come. 

11. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

I've dabbled in FCing a little, but I don't find that I'm particularly great at it. I've done a bit of help with setting up bomber gangs as well. I tried getting HAX involved in that, but that wasn't their cup o' tea. Below is one attempt at trying to get HAX involved in bombing. We could have finished the gang off if it weren't for a bomb from an unnamed pilot that flew 90 degrees right of where our target alignment was. 

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=1978&b=6862605&e=30&t=bb

I've also been more than willing to bring eyes, burn cynos, bring dictor alts, fly logistics when needed, etc. In RekkingCrew I try to help out as much as possible with locates, eyes, cynos, scouting, etc. I'll figure out what's needed, i.e. pay attention to shit, and then maneuver my alts/training/skill injectors to do it. In MV I made sure our boys had dreads, I moved them fueled them etc. and had mine ready to go when needed. In B-R when some corps pissed off and just gave up, I was there grabbing my buds and trying to dunk sabres to free up titans. We managed to save a good number of them. 

https://zkillboard.com/character/728057468/year/2014/month/1/page/3/

In general, I think my personality and the time I have available generally lends itself to being more useful behind the scenes. Whether it's logistics, recruitment, POS work, Locates, moon scanning or Cynos, etc, I generally try to find a way to help out my corp in fleets or otherwise.

12. Got any tears (griefing logs‚ instances оf scams, etc) to share?

I don't usually save any, but I have a quote I keep in my BIO from when I was in KIA in 2009 because it amuses me years later. 

[07:20:09] si doom > i dont think tact soldiers get the repect we deserve

[07:20:36] Alafin Demissie > what makes you say that?

[07:21:04] si doom > just my heart

13. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

EVE consumes most of my gaming time. I still buy games, but I rarely play them for too long. I'll play Overwatch, Fallout 4, Deus Ex, etc. I may pick-up BF1. Apparently, there's a Madden league so that's something I'd like to get involved with whenever it opens again. 

14. Do you poѕt on Eve-related websites (Reddit‚ FHC, Zulu, EN24/TMC cоmments sectіons)? If so, link your profile/post history.

OvermanEVE is my reddit handle. 

Edited by Overman

Vouch.

Overman is a character, having him around is like having a 6 week old puppy. He poops alot and you have to tell him off occasionally, but he's a great guy to have around and will undoubtedly be an asset to SNIGG and PL both ingame and as a member of our community.

Even though he's a disgusting Hillary supporter our God Emperor has decided to pardon him as an act of good faith and will towards his new Administration and the People. I too am feeling generous and merciful. +1. In all seriousness though Overman is a good dude and we need a new fairy in SNIGG besides me. Overall good dude. Very useful. Flown with Overman for awhile and will actually do shit that needs to be done. 

Edited by Tara Read

Vouch, Overman is a good guy and an experienced pilot. I think he'll be a good addition to SNIGG.

19 minutes ago, Radakos said:

What are your thoughts on  @Markus Dixon ? 

He's a good dude. I think he's working hard towards his RL goals if I recall. We had a falling out over stupid ass shit, but I remember more good things than the bad things. I hope he's doing well. 

I remember the stupid shit we did in USTZ and we both had good intentions on trying to get MV where it should be. I remember ejecting 90% of the ships he owned when he first got his titan and he kept his bay open. That still makes me chuckle. 

Edited by Overman

+1

In my experience, Overman has always been a solid dude.

Edited by Dog0fWaRR

where in chicago do you live actual city or scumburbs and white neighborhood

5 minutes ago, Andrew Jester said:

where in chicago do you live actual city or scumburbs and white neighborhood

Northside Chicago. Go Cubs Go. 

1 minute ago, Overman said:

Northside Chicago. Go Cubs Go. 

like evanston north or ravenswood north?

How does it feel knowing your candidate lost to a meme?

Do you play clash of clans and/or clash royale?

3 minutes ago, Andrew Jester said:

like evanston north or ravenswood north?

Ha. Not that far north. 

1 minute ago, Overman said:

Ha. Not that far north. 

okay you live mondo close to my neighborhood then

Just now, Casper24 said:

anyone wanna know why hax went to shit.

keen on learning, do tell

15 minutes ago, Fal1en said:

Do you play clash of clans and/or clash royale?

Naw. Mostly just nerd out on EVE. 

Edited by Overman

I remember overman, god i cant believe that was 6 years ago though.  good times, hope to see you around.  

42 minutes ago, Doomchinchilla said:

What is your opinion of @Casper24?

Bruh, you think you can answer this? 

22 minutes ago, Andrew Jester said:

as a recruiter -1 from me too

try recruiting a brain for your head you weeblord????????

28 minutes ago, John Selth said:

What is your opionion of super/Titan sales scams? 

what are your opinions of exploiting POS shields to steal Nyxes?