• OP Timers

No upcoming events found
Rythen Risalo

Rythen Risalo

57 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Rythen said:

For a kitey doctrine with only about 10 people I would probably take out something like orthruses fitted with rapid light missile launchers. I'd aim for about 6 of us to be in orthruses, 2 in speed fit scimitars to keep up with orthruses, and an inty and a dictor for tackle, scouting and burning pings. I'm extremely unfamiliar with how the new links work, in the past I would have ensured we had offgrid skirmish and shield links but I'm not sure what would be best to use for links now.  My engagement strategy with this type of fleet would be maintaining range (obviously) and killing tackle that tries to burn at us and if possible probing down and killing any isolated ships.  If, for example, we jumped through a gate with a hostile fleet following us I would tell the fleet to approach a specific celestial with MWDs on to burn range from the gate and go in the same direction. We'd kill any tackle that tried burning at us while staying out of range of their main DPS.

For a brawling doctrine I have been wanting to see how brutix navy issues handle these days. For this I'd likely fly an FC legion tanked and with combat probes. 5 people would be in brutix navys, 2 oneiros, 1 HIC, 1 DIC.  Optimally it would be best to have a couple dedicated webbing ships with this but in a 10 man gang this might sacrifice too much DPS.  It might be doable to have brutixes all fit a web since they already have a bonus to tracking and range on the hull. Kitey doctrines tend to be pretty popular these days and I'd see this fleet as being something that would work well against them if we could get in close. The engagement strategy would be probing down their fleet and going in at 0 with a HIC bubble, spreading webs as they try to burn away and killing any targets that we can hold down and then killing hostile DICs and warping out.  This would be sort of a hit and run doctrine against kitey fleets because once they pulled range we would be taking damage and be unable to apply.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Orthrus as a mainline DPS ship. I just don't like rapid lights in general for anything except for anti-tackle, and even then I think a beam zealot or ONI does well in this regard. Also, 2 logis for a 10 man gang is quite conservative, but forgivable. Personally I would go with either 0 or 1 logi, but I think 2 is okay as well. I think the gang would also benefit from a Keres, but with 2 logi I suppose it isn't necessary. Ideally, you would also try to kill more than just tackle by trying to split or stretch the enemy gang. In terms of links, you would probably want a triple link Bifrost or Stork (I think these are a thing, and at worst you could do a double linked one).

For the brawling comp, are you max tanking the legion? If so, I think this is a bad idea as you are dedicating 1/6th of your dps ships to probing (and probably a bit of ewar). I think the Brutix Navy could work as your mainline dps ship, although I haven't really ran through the fitting. You again have two logi, which I think is okay in this case. However, as you're going to be brawling, your logi are going to be your squishiest targets by far, and if they die you are entirely fucked. Additionally, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to be warping around in armor tanked battlecruisers trying to catch a kitey fleet. By the time you land and lock them anything relatively fast should be out of web range. That being said, why would you use a HIC bubble when you could easily just use your DIC to bubble and your HIC for focused points? Finally, you are probably going to want armor links on either a CS or spread accross your Brutixes (although I'm not sure if a link will fit okay on these). In fact, you would probably be better off using Eos or Astarte instead of the Brutix Navy Issue as your mainline ship here. 

As a final task from me, can you generate the fits for the Orthrus and the Brutix Navy Issue that you plan to use for these fleets?

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer: I wouldn't say that theory crafting and coming up with doctrines is my strong suit but it is something I'm interested in and would like to get better at.

You bring up a lot of points in your previous post that I hadn't considered and now that they've been pointed out I would likely end up changing some of my original strategies to match your advice.  Would even probably change some of the ships completely based on what you said but I'm just going to post the fits that I had in mind during my previous post.  Feel free to provide any criticism you have about the fits.  The main way I'd use the Brutix Navy fleet is mostly to camp gates and have a fleet jump into us, I guess I should have mentioned that in my previous post.  Using it against kitey fleets was just an example of one other way I thought it might work if we could hold them down but like you said this may not be a good idea and you're probably right.

[Orthrus, Orthrus fit]

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Gistum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

[Brutix Navy Issue, Brutix Navy Issue fit]   **Needs 1% PG implant**

1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Republic Fleet Armor Explosive Hardener
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Edited by Rythen

I do like the fits, although with the Brutixes you may be better off downgrading the blasters and putting on an MWD, but I don't think it matters much for its purpose. Yeah I just posted what was mostly my personal preference and some general thoughts, doesn't mean they are necessarily correct but it's mostly what i've gleaned from experience. With fleet sizes this small I think you're better off with a more aggressive approach to logi numbers (or even spider tanking when brawling) as it makes you look more engage-able overall and lets you put more dps/utility on the field as opposed to straight reps. Again though it is personal preference.

What's most important is a willingness to learn and adapt, which seems to be a characteristic of yours (as well as basic knowledge/skills which you've shown).

279.gif

API(s) look fine to me, @Qwynn looking the same on your end?

Posted (edited)

All good on my side.

Create new API's then add them to the PL Auth, and also nuke all your third party API's for Zkillboard and such.

Edited by Qwynn

Application Accepted 

Go ahead and apply in-game, welcome to the Carpe.

Be sure to read ALL of the stickied posts on the corp forums once you're in corp.