1. Who do you know in Bat Country that is willing to vouch you into the corp? Having a vouch does not guarantee entry, but without a vouch you will not be able to join us. Why do you believe that Endie decided to poach you?
Mr W33ds and I have known each other for over 8 years and said he would vouch for me when he and I talked on the phone a few days ago. The reason for me being “poached” from BAT country originally is because I went inactive right before they left goonswarm. Not meant to be a sob story; however, to explain the major cause for me going inactive was because my youngest son was born with a cleft pallet. After innumerable doctor visits, surgery, therapies, etc over the last couple years – things have balanced out, he is doing well (can’t even tell he had it by looking at him) and life as it was can begin again.
2. Have you entered ALL of your APIs for ALL of your accounts, including any inactive accounts, spy accounts, highsec money-making accounts, test anchor accounts and the rest?
3. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to keep secret‚ PM the relevant info to your recruiter when asked to provide API.
Password for all accounts: plelitepvp
BludGroove (Main): Skill Sheet & Killboard
Cy Kocess (PI alt): Skill Sheet & Killboard
Abundant Desolation (Station Trader/PI alt): Skill Sheet & Killboard
BlueStatic (Cyno alt turned Carrier pilot): Skill Sheet and Killboard
EvoorgDulb (Cyno Alt/Station Trader/Industry): Skill Sheet and Killboard
Sir KitBreaker (Cyno Alt/PI): Skill Sheet and Killboard
Vital Sign (Cyno Alt turned Carrier pilot/Training to be dread pilot): Skill Sheet and Killboard
ChainReactions (PI alt): Skill Sheet and (no Killboard)
ScareTactic (PI/Cyno alt): Skill Sheet and (no Killboard)
I created all of my accounts and have had them the entire time.
4. How old are you, and what timezone do you mainly play in? What languages do you speak?
I am 33, play in the US-Eastern time zone, and I speak English
5. When you log into Eve Online, what do you enjoy doing? What motivates you to log in more? Describe your perfect evening in Eve.
I enjoy joining in fleets – roams, strat ops, camps, etc. Being a part of a group that knows what they are doing, people that listen and are fairly organized – that is what motivates me to log in more and why I would enjoy being a member of PL. My “perfect” evening in Eve would consist of the following:
A ping, broadcast, or notification going out for a juicy kill, fleet fight, or target rich roam
Logging on Eve and jumping into an appropriately fit/doctrine ship (or stopping whatever I am doing at the time in the game to join in)
Forming up with a good FC and ideal fleet comp
Having a blast shooting ships and pods or, if needed, providing reps and keeping the fleet alive
6. For how long would you say that you play Eve each week?
20+ hours a week
7. For how long have you played Eve Online, Iceland's premiere internet spaceship simulator? Post a brief biography of your Eve Online career, being sure to tell us about the good times, the bad times, the indescribable highs and the horrifying lows.
I created BludGroove September 5th, 2008. He was my only character at the time. I began doing the whole missioning for isk thing. I remember being a victim of the newb "can flipping trap" within my first few days. Not fully understanding the game mechanics yet, I lost my missioning ship – I was very disappointed BUT, the same guy that blew me up took me under his wing. He gave me a lot of isk (or what I thought was a lot of isk at the time). He helped me with ship fittings and he was paramount in helping me understand and actually enjoy EVE. Being a product of that, I too like to help others within the game when necessary or asked to!
Missioning got old, repetitive, and SUCKED! I began rifter dueling. I would spend hours and hours outside of Rens BTT asking people for “frig v frig.” That is when I knew pvp was for me. Look at all those rifter kills 😁. I missioned to support my pvp “habit.” I joined Privateers alliance along with some friends I had made in the NPC corp. I flew with Rico Felix , The PitBoss, and many many others. We broke off from privateers and began MBALM. Privateers and Interstellar Brotherhood of Gravediggers (MBALM) was a blast. But I wanted more. I met W33ds and others (GGB at the time) and began talking to them. They even killed me once. If I remember correctly I was playing docking games with my maelstrom at the time but they got my vigil! I was invited by W33ds to join TIT (GGB). We shot stuff and soon moved out to nullsec. We roamed, participated in fleet ops, and shot at structures . We rolled our characters into a new corp – S3minal Fluid in the Imperial 0rder alliance. After we played with our caps, BSes,, and even killed some supers - later most of S3minal Fluid rolled into BAT who was in the goonswarm alliance at the time.
The BATs and I bombed things together with Leykab, RogueAnt , Marivauder, and many others. We, along with you all (PL), blew up a lot of structures this day - look at all those PL final blows!
July 28, 2013 – July 29, 2013 the 6VDT-H battle was said to be the largest space battle in history. I was fortunate to participate and blow up a lot of things.
January 27-28th 2014 – We all know what happened - B-R5RB. This was my first time participating in killing titans !! I was able to get on some sweet killmails from it though and I was very excited to have been a part of it.
I also burned jita a few times as well.
8. How do you make ISK? If you need to buy a bunch of ships when you join PL, how will you afford that?
I make isk ratting, and if PI is still a viable income source, I plan on doing that was well.
9. Why do you want to join Bat Country? Why are you leaving your current home?
I am basically homeless since I was expelled from BAT country when I went inactive. I had a lot of fun being in BAT over the years and would like to be a part of the fun once again!
10. Post two kills that you are particularly proud of or happy with. Explain why.
My first Titan kill was one I was extremely excited to get. Being surrounded by supers and titans in B-R5RB was quite spectacular!
This kill basically began my pvp adventures in EVE. Rico Felix and I dueled and we began an eve friendship from that point forward. Rico went on to stay in the top 1 or 2 characters in EVE for kills for a very long time before going inactive (I went to nullsec instead of staying and "jita camping" like most of the others in MBALM the others) but I was happy to have known and flown with him.
11. Post a favourite fit for a ship you like to fly. Explain why, and briefly describe an occasion on which you used it.
I enjoyed flying the huginn in fleets. Slowing down intys and bringing fear to ships that rely on speed to survive is fun. The huginn fit can change based on doctrine/fleet needs or purpose; however, this would be a good generic fit:
4 x 650 artillery II
2 x adaptive invul II
50 MN MWD
3 x Power Diagnostic II
12. You are part of an AHAC fleet which gets bombed mid-fight. Your shields are removed and you take 5% armour damage. You, along with half of the fleet, immediately panic and broadcast for repairs. You are called out by a notorious troller of bad players on fleet comms and several others join in, suggesting that you should be kicked from the corp and that the corp should then be kicked for harbouring you. How do you respond? What do you do?
I am mild mannered and laid back. Trolls try and invoke a reaction and feed on it – I tend to not give them what they want. Hopefully, at the time, I would have established a report with other fleet members and there would probably be an unspoken group-understanding that this guy trolls and just mouths off at
anything he can. If there is merit to what he is saying (whatever the hypothetical situation may be) and leadership - being the competent ones with the final say - I would respectfully accept whatever consequences they decided, though I do not believe premature rep calling would merit expulsion.
13. Boredom, a pizza delivery, or a combination of the two force you to log off during a fleet in your railgun proteus. Logging back in thirty minutes later to go home, however, you land on a gate to be greeted by a stiletto and gila and, jumping through, you see a small hostile gang that looks like this:
If you cannot see the image above, use this link. What do you do?
If I made this mistake and did not escort my proteus back with a scout alt, I would need to think fast and try and split the agro. I notice that The Orthrus has already aggressed me – I can’t warp. Keres has me damped and scrammed also. With two of their tacklers tied up with agro, the probability of the other ships having a scram/disruptor would be low in my opinion. Omen navy issue may – but the loki, Cerberus, and bifrost would probably be fit with shield and propulsion mods in mid. I would jump the gate and pray. I would try and warp to a safe in the next system. If I was scrammed on the other side (most likely from the ONI) I would do my best to blow him up and get the heck out. If that fails or others had fit unexpected scrams, I would do my best to wait a little and get as much agro on that side of the gate and try to jump back in and kill the Orthus and Keres who had aggressed me before.
14. Can you fly a carrier? Triage? A dread? If so, which siege mod? Do you have a supercarrier or titan?
BludGroove, BlueStatic, and Vital Sign can fly carriers and have limited kills with them. BludGroove can fly a dread and I am training Vital Sign to as well. I can use T1 Triage but just queued up to train for the T2 version. I am also training for the alt to be able to be able to proficiently use a Force Auxillary. I do not have a supercarrier or a titan.
15. Have you any FCing experience? If so, describe it.
16. Do you post on Reddit, Something Awful, Failheap Challenge, EN24, TMZ, Zulu or the like? If so, link your account for each.
I have posted to reddit as (Blue-Static) a handful of times about non-EVE related things.
17. You will be asked to join us on voice comms for a short interview, during which you will have to read the following text aloud:
Waiting on you !