Sign in to follow this  
Hickock

Hickock

Recommended Posts

On 09.04.2017 at 5:44 PM, Hickock said:

Challenge accepted..

You failed.
Antivouch.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Whitmore said:

You failed.
Antivouch.

Did he even get one? 

Share this post


Link to post

You guys have made it clear to me that I dont know what the hell I am doing. Your questions really stumped me since the game has completely changed since I last played.

I have learned a lot from the few questions asked in this thread.

PL is not a training ground, its a group of elites. I'll begin re-learning this game ASAP.

 

I appreciate the harsh criticism, it was well needed and thanks gaz for the vouch. Maybe in the future I will have another shot at re-applying. 

 

For now though, I'll go read some shit and learn.

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hickock said:

You guys have made it clear to me that I dont know what the hell I am doing. Your questions really stumped me since the game has completely changed since I last played.

I have learned a lot from the few questions asked in this thread.

PL is not a training ground, its a group of elites. I'll begin re-learning this game ASAP.

 

I appreciate the harsh criticism, it was well needed and thanks gaz for the vouch. Maybe in the future I will have another shot at re-applying. 

 

For now though, I'll go read some shit and learn.

 

Thanks again

If nothing else, your response to this thread speaks volumes (positively) about your character.

Share this post


Link to post

Just because we are harsh, doesnt mean you dont have a chance.

Its all part of the game (go read other applications) and everybody gets a ton of feedback in his thread.

 

You gave up, I think thats worse then actually being denied.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Bobmon said:

Just because we are harsh, doesnt mean you dont have a chance.

Its all part of the game (go read other applications) and everybody gets a ton of feedback in his thread.

 

You gave up, I think thats worse then actually being denied.

 

 

I couldn't disagree more. Recognizing your limitations and where you need to improve is a pretty important trait to have.

Hickock, after mastering the new capital mechanics, I would take a look at the current meta: how carriers are used; in what situations dreads should be dropped; in what situations Faxes should be used with subcap fleets. I would also think about the best carrier fits for each situation that could possibly arise: What happens when you're tackled alone on a gate? What happens when you are one of 60 carriers on field? What fighter composition should you stock in your fighter bay? How will you fit when the FC tells you to burn 6 jumps in a carrier before being able to cyno into a fight? How will you refit your carrier after you burn those jumps? What is the primary role of a combat carrier in a fleet fight (it is very different than from the role of supercarriers)? 

If you want to spend some time looking at these updated mechanics and learning the new capital meta, I think many people in this thread would give you a second shot at applying. Carriers and dreads are such a critical aspect of PL these days that familiarity with the mechanics and the meta is more important than ever before.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, gazarsgo said:

I couldn't disagree more. Recognizing your limitations and where you need to improve is a pretty important trait to have.

Hickock, after mastering the new capital mechanics, I would take a look at the current meta: how carriers are used; in what situations dreads should be dropped; in what situations Faxes should be used with subcap fleets. I would also think about the best carrier fits for each situation that could possibly arise: What happens when you're tackled alone on a gate? What happens when you are one of 60 carriers on field? What fighter composition should you stock in your fighter bay? How will you fit when the FC tells you to burn 6 jumps in a carrier before being able to cyno into a fight? How will you refit your carrier after you burn those jumps? What is the primary role of a combat carrier in a fleet fight (it is very different than from the role of supercarriers)? 

If you want to spend some time looking at these updated mechanics and learning the new capital meta, I think many people in this thread would give you a second shot at applying. Carriers and dreads are such a critical aspect of PL these days that familiarity with the mechanics and the meta is more important than ever before.

Thanks gaz. Where would these resources be? I've looked some, but havent found much. 

I feel like this info is generally learned through experience. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this