1. List your sponsor(s) within Snworddly if you have any (make sure to that they post in the thread to confirm).

Tara Read

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

Ohio, USA

English

4. Which time zone sees the most of your playing time (US/EU/AUS)?

Monday through Thursday I work during the day so I’ll be on in Mid USTZ

Friday/Saturday/Sunday I am often around during the day in more EU and into US

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

15-25 depending on what’s going on in Eve and what’s going on in real life.

6. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to keep secret‚ PM the relevant infо to your recruіter when аѕked to provide API.

All characters have been created and solely owned by me.

Claire Ijonen (main, subcaps) http://eveboard.com/pilot/Claire_Ijonen  pass: snigg https://zkillboard.com/character/96726338/

claire-adactyl (jita) http://eveboard.com/pilot/claire-adactyl pass: snigg

claire-voyant (carrier, and rorq, was very close to Hel, now training armor skills and should be ready for a Nyx in about 6 weeks, longer for carrier 5) http://eveboard.com/pilot/claire-voyant  https://zkillboard.com/character/2112092700/

claire-bear (sabre, training cyno) http://eveboard.com/pilot/claire-bear

Care 4 Dinos (training fax, was going Mino now training Apostle. Working on armor reps, and amarr skills and then JDCV, already has T2 triage trained Injected to meet requirements for T2 Apostle) http://eveboard.com/pilot/Care_4_Dinos

claire-skies (new char, currently training support skills. Going to train BR and cyno. Started this account for a Revelation pilot. Going to purchase a pilot with at least jump skills and inject/train the rest of the way, or a buy a Rev pilot if I get lucky) http://eveboard.com/pilot/claire-skies

Mercoxit Miner (mines mercoxit, that’s really it) http://eveboard.com/pilot/Mercoxit_Miner

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight? Be thorough! Write a book!

My Eve career begins in 2016 with the Ascension update bringing Alpha clones into the game. I had tried Eve a few times before, but I wasn’t able to get into the game in the trial period to a point where I felt comfortable paying for it. When I first heard that Eve was going “free-to-play” I made a character on a trial to get a head start, and after the update started doing the early missions as an Alpha. I think it was just knowing that it was, basically, an unending trial that kept me playing this time. Within two weeks of starting I had decided to play for sure, subbed my account and applied to Dreddit.

I was in Test then for the end of the Tribute War, trying to help grind ADMs up in key systems and got some decent fights there. My first experience of Pandemic Legion was here as well, getting dropped on by a mass of NC. and PL supers and titans while on a Test Maelstrom fleet, a shocking experience to say the least, and one that I knew then I wanted to take part in. I first learned of the soul-crushing reality of tidi at the Battle of M-O. I flew a tackle frigate with Test Cerbs trying, futilely, to shoot down fighters, and to keep them off of the Keepstar. I was struck by the massive scale of the battle, all these people coming together to defend and attack, I knew that this was something I wanted to be a part of. I bought some plex and used it to inject my character into a Gila for ratting. For the rest of our time in Vale, I ratted whenever possible to get more isk for injectors, quickly getting into interceptors and interdictors.

Test deployed now to the south for the, poorly named, “Winter War” to take Catch, Esoteria, Impass, and Feythabolis. This was a very fun time in Test; it definitely does best when working towards a tangible goal, like taking a new home. I loved the war for the South. Though Entosising Catch, Esoteria and Paragon Soul was a challenge. One of my most memorable moments was when we were fighting to kill Stainwagon’s staging fortizar in V-3, it was my first big fight flying a dictor, I managed to get a few good bubbles on SW Rattles and Machs, escaping in low structure to warp out, one of the first times I got that adrenaline rush, and the shakes. We ground through the rest of Esoteria and Paragon Soul, but as the war came to a close, I started to feel some discontentment towards being in Dreddit. Being one of a thousand members of a megacorp like Dreddit just wasn’t for me.

I then applied to Naliao Inc., which later reformed into Avalanche.. Avalanche. was a very different experience, one I much prefered, a much smaller group of people where we all knew each other and almost everyone could be counted on to participate. I learned a lot here, as was able to grow a lot as a pilot. As a corp we were focused on small gang pvp as much as alliance level fleet pvp, and it has been an excellent learning experience being a part of it. As a corp, we grew unhappy with some of the things going on in Test, and what some leadership was doing. We started to talk about leaving Test, and where we would go. I was pulling for the corp to go to PL, since I knew that I wanted to end up there, but in the end the corp went to Triumvirate, probably the best choice for the corp at the time, but not exactly where I wanted to be.

Eve is a game that is deeper and more complex than anything I have ever played. I have invested a lot of time, playing, reading, learning, in game and out of game to be better, and I continue to have that same desire to keep improving. I always look forward to taking on new roles, new challenges, pushing myself as a pilot and trying to always be better. Skill injectors may not be the best thing for the long term health of the game, I don’t know, but they do allow a dedicated person to get the sp needed to be useful very quickly. I’ve worked really hard to be above and beyond what another player with my playtime might know, I know that there is still so much to learn, and I think Snigg would be an excellent place for me to improve as a player, keep learning, and not have to move upwards.

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

Being totally honest, leaving my current corporation is a very, very, difficult decision. My current corp is pretty well run and full of, mostly, great people. I don’t, however, feel nearly as strongly about Triumvirate. Tri is… fine, it’s a step up from Test, but I don’t think it offers nearly the opportunities to improve as a player that Snworddly would, and constantly getting better is what drives me to pay my subs and log in. Tri also doesn't feel as cohesive to me, just a loose collection of people barely united enough to go on fleets together. 

9. Are you a shit disturber? Have you caused drama or headache to those around you? Be honest.
No. I think I’m pretty levelheaded and generally easy to get along with. I’m a pretty social person, and one of the things I have really fallen in love with about this game is the social community around it.

10. Why are you trying to join Snworddly over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within Pаndemic Legion?

It’s really important for me to be a part of something bigger, I think that’s one of the things that really sets Eve apart. And for me, Pandemic Legion is Snworddly in a way that it is not most of the other corporations. Not that everyone isn’t valuable, but Snworddly seems to be the backbone of Pandemic Legion. And that’s something I very much want to be a part of. I see this as a place where I can continue to develop as a player, learn from some of the best, and make a long term home of in Eve.

I hope that I can be a valuable asset to the corp and to the alliance, I’m always happy to help out and do what I can to make the group stronger and better.

11. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

I am happy to fill out any roles as needed to make a composition effective, be it logi, or a recon, or links, or dps. I trained my main into links since Test was rather low on links pilots for a bit and we really needed it. My main has spec 5 in shield and info, 4 in skirm, and will need to train armor links and Amarr BC V.

I love learning new roles and doing different things, so I’m always happy to go in a needed direction. My skill points are pretty well spread out on my main into a lot of useful subcaps, and I’m happy to train into the things needed most. I’ll be training the Apostle alt into subcap triage, once it’s got the basics to function as a suicide fax.

12. Got any tears (griefing logs‚ instances оf scams, etc) to share?

Nothing particularly notable, at least nothing that I have saved. There’s always more salt out there.

13. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

Rocket League, Golf with your Friends, PUBG (full disclosure: very poorly), Eldar Scrolls, Fallout, Kerbal Space Program

14. Do you poѕt on Eve-related websites (Reddit‚ FHC, Zulu, EN24/TMC cоmments sectіons)? If so, link your profile/post history.
I don’t often post anywhere. Just Kugu, but that’s mostly just a discord now, :rip: forums, and a handful of comments on reddit, but nothing very interesting.

Thanks!

Edited by Claire Ijonen
Added newly injected skills

Confirming I am vouching Claire. Claire and I have spoke over a few weeks of the requirements and retooling going from a primarily shield based Alliance in terms of capitals and other various doctrines to what the Alliance requires. I feel Claire would be a good asset into SNIGG primarily for her attitude and ability to take initiative and ambition to be a better pilot.

She's great to socialize with, is generally a blast and I think she'd fit in fine. In regard to Triage, Dread reqs etc Claire is retraining her shield fax alt into an Apostle, she'll be injecting for a Revelation, and she is 6 weeks out from flying a Nyx (Hel pilot atm). She also does links and will help with cynos or whatever else we require.

Edited by Tara Read

46 minutes ago, Claire Ijonen said:

Golf with your Friends, PUBG (full disclosure: very poorly)

On a scale of 1 to Amazing how good are you at Golf with your Friends?

and what's your favorite map?

Edited by Brian Levine

11 minutes ago, Brian Levine said:

On a scale of 1 to Amazing how good are you at Golf with your Friends?

and what's your favorite map?

Oasis

Sober I'm pretty good

Drunk I am much worse, but also much funnier so it evens out

1 minute ago, Claire Ijonen said:

Oasis

Sober I'm pretty good

Drunk I am much worse, but also much funnier so it evens out

Sweet I think you'll enjoy our weekend games on O.G if you ever join up

On a more EVE note I see you have many characters that have a variety set of skills. In Pl we don't have the numbers to fill up 3 fleets at the drop of a hat so are you comfortable multi-boxing and taking up different roles at the same time when others won't?

I lose my temper at times if you fuck up.  Fucking up does not always equal being expelled from corp, however fucking up (what you and i consider fucking up are probably vastly different, I dont care that you die, as I do it frequently in questionably fit ships, however if you die in a stupid way that costs other people money I'll probably be pissy) will almost always result in being called some combination of swear words.

My question is 2 part:  Did Tara break my general attitude and corp philosophy, ect how I run Snigg down in a way you understand and are you capable of being called a 'couch cushion eating tiny brained fucking retard' without losing your mind in rage or tears?

My questions

Are you downz for Mysoginy?

Do you have a picture of Tara_Read in a scantily clad Kerbil cosplay uniform? I know it's out there. The more compromising the better. I have a Mad Crush.

2 minutes ago, Kithran said:
5 hours ago, Claire Ijonen said:

Care 4 Dinos (training fax, was going Mino now training Apostle. Working on armor reps, and amarr skills and then JDCV, already has T2 triage trained) http://eveboard.com/pilot/Care_4_Dinos

One thing I'd say - we are nomadic so if you do join I'd suggest JDCV before working on the reps and amarr skills - that way you will at least be able to suitcase with this character on a move meaning you can either move all your own ships or help others move theirs rather than potentially having to ask others for help to move subcaps.

Edited by Kithran

Your capital skills are deficient for our requirements. 

You cannot do an apostle, you have no dread alt, your combat carrier is below average skills and one of your characters is lacking jdc 5. 

You should fix this before going further with your application.

@Tara Read why did you have this guy apply when he has all these skills to fix. 

1 hour ago, Hedliner said:

Your capital skills are deficient for our requirements. 

You cannot do an apostle, you have no dread alt, your combat carrier is below average skills and one of your characters is lacking jdc 5. 

You should fix this before going further with your application.

@Tara Read why did you have this guy apply when he has all these skills to fix. 

I had asked previously if Claire should wait till around September when all these things would be finished or to have her Apply now. I was told let them apply under the intention that these things would be addressed. Had I'd heard otherwise I would not have had Claire apply at this time. In fact I personally asked these things two days ago in regards to each point you have mentioned. As Claire's vouch I would not have done so had I any hint Claire would not be able to fix the things you have mentioned. Again to reiterate Claire is switching from two Alliances that focus primarily upon shield and swapping directly to our doctrines and requirements on all fronts and all characters. Not a simple feat for anyone unless they are extremely dedicated or extremely rich or both.

To shore up these issues you have addressed (and these are exactly the issues I brought up to her a few weeks back) she's willing to inject the necessary skills and has laid out her skill training plans for what we require. I will ensure she has the necessary alts, skills, and the ability to have the adequate force projection the Alliance requires. As a final point Claire in her character listing in the application gives each characters current abilities and her future training plans for each which in turn provides thus:

1. Future Apostle with T2 Triage.

2. Future eventual Dread alt either by injecting a jump cap ready toon or by simply finding a dread alt character.

3. Retooling a Hel pilot into a Nyx which we give clear and concise specific guidelines on.

I also have spare SP on several characters I can extract that I have been saving due to their limitations. I do not mind sharing to help seeing as the SP has been sitting there doing nothing.

Edited by Tara Read

Hello Claire 🎚Peace be upon you 🎚  A girlfriend of Tara's is a girlfriend of mine.  No seriously, we are into some weird shit in here.  

Do you also like & play with model choo choo train sets 🚆like Tara?

Tara mentioned that you are a "Combat Gynecologisy" IRL.  This is a facinating profession and I would like to learn more about it.  

I am also in need of a solid "wingman" (Think Goose not Iceman from Top Gun) for clubbing & partying in & around the greater So Cal region?  How available are you to perform this function and what do you think of my new club name Skank Slayer™

Good luck on your app!  🌈🍊🍩

8 minutes ago, Arc-Lucem-Ferre Motsu said:

The "model" choo choo train sets I play with wake me up at 2 am in the morning for a 14 hour day and aren't always fun to play with.

1 hour ago, Tara Read said:

I had asked previously if Claire should wait till around September when all these things would be finished or to have her Apply now. I was told let them apply under the intention that these things would be addressed. Had I'd heard otherwise I would not have had Claire apply at this time. In fact I personally asked these things two days ago in regards to each point you have mentioned. As Claire's vouch I would not have done so had I any hint Claire would not be able to fix the things you have mentioned. Again to reiterate Claire is switching from two Alliances that focus primarily upon shield and swapping directly to our doctrines and requirements on all fronts and all characters. Not a simple feat for anyone unless they are extremely dedicated or extremely rich or both.

To shore up these issues you have addressed (and these are exactly the issues I brought up to her a few weeks back) she's willing to inject the necessary skills and has laid out her skill training plans for what we require. I will ensure she has the necessary alts, skills, and the ability to have the adequate force projection the Alliance requires. As a final point Claire in her character listing in the application gives each characters current abilities and her future training plans for each which in turn provides thus:

1. Future Apostle with T2 Triage.

2. Future eventual Dread alt either by injecting a jump cap ready toon or by simply finding a dread alt character.

3. Retooling a Hel pilot into a Nyx which we give clear and concise specific guidelines on.

I also have spare SP on several characters I can extract that I have been saving due to their limitations. I do not mind sharing to help seeing as the SP has been sitting there doing nothing.

I'm of the opinion that you should wait until September. Is four or five weeks enough to at least get a t2 apostle? 

Looking at the eve boards, the triage alt is  at least ~3 months (assuming perfect remap, +5s) away from actually flying a decent one without using injectors.

Edited by Tiwaz Inkura

I'm of the opinion that you should wait until September. Is four or five weeks enough to at least get a t2 apostle? 

Apostle issue is handled. Claire has reinjected our reqs for a T2 Apostle so all sorted. 

1 hour ago, Tiwaz Inkura said:

Looking at the eve boards, the triage alt is  at least ~3 months (assuming perfect remap, +5s) away from actually flying a decent one without using injectors.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Care_4_Dinos I have sorted out the Fax. It now has Amarr carrier 4, all armor comps to 5, cap armor reps to 4, t2 triage, jdc v etc. It should be good to go.

I was of a mind to wait until it was ready, but we may have gotten a little excited, and jumped the gun here. Through the magic of injectors that char should be good to go. I will be getting a dread sorted soon, I have been looking for the right character on the market to at least get a head start over injecting from scratch. I hope that is acceptable as well. 

8 hours ago, Brian Levine said:

Sweet I think you'll enjoy our weekend games on O.G if you ever join up

On a more EVE note I see you have many characters that have a variety set of skills. In Pl we don't have the numbers to fill up 3 fleets at the drop of a hat so are you comfortable multi-boxing and taking up different roles at the same time when others won't?

Absolutely. Though, I admit, it's a learning process for me and there are only so many roles that I am comfortable multiboxing well. For instance, I often will fly either links or dps on my main while also running a sabre on another account. Or carrier and subcap at the same time. I don't feel quite as confident doing, say, subcap logi and something else that requires attention, since I think that requires much more attention. Running a scout ceptor as eyes is no trouble as well.

8 hours ago, Grath Telkin said:

My question is 2 part:  Did Tara break my general attitude and corp philosophy, ect how I run Snigg down in a way you understand and are you capable of being called a 'couch cushion eating tiny brained fucking retard' without losing your mind in rage or tears?

Yeah, he did, lol. That won't be any problem. If I fuck up and do something retarded I expect to be called out on it. I will, of course, try to avoid doing too much retarded bullshit in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Kithran said:

One thing I'd say - we are nomadic so if you do join I'd suggest JDCV before working on the reps and amarr skills - that way you will at least be able to suitcase with this character on a move meaning you can either move all your own ships or help others move theirs rather than potentially having to ask others for help to move subcaps.

It's all sorted out with the magic of injectors. :sun: 

3 hours ago, Arc-Lucem-Ferre Motsu said:

Hello Claire 🎚Peace be upon you 🎚  A girlfriend of Tara's is a girlfriend of mine.  No seriously, we are into some weird shit in here.

Weird shit keeps things interesting ;) 

Tara mentioned that you are a "Combat Gynecologisy" IRL.  This is a facinating profession and I would like to learn more about it.  

Who doesn't like trains!?! 

I think Tara may have oversold my profession. I actually do research and development for Electroencephalogram equipment. Like reading brainwaves and stuff. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure it's better than combat gynecologist.

I am also in need of a solid "wingman" (Think Goose not Iceman from Top Gun) for clubbing & partying in & around the greater So Cal region?  How available are you to perform this function and what do you think of my new club name Skank Slayer™

Sadly, I think I will struggle as your wingman. Mostly due to being 2000 miles away in Ohio. Ohio is pretty shit though, so if I end up in socal then we'll make something happen. Skank Slayer™ is A+, nothing could go wrong with that. You should get a tattoo of it on your neck

6 hours ago, Muzzaroo said:

My questions

Are you downz for Mysoginy?

Do you have a picture of Tara_Read in a scantily clad Kerbil cosplay uniform? I know it's out there. The more compromising the better. I have a Mad Crush.

I'm very difficult to offend, and don't go all SJW on anyone who says anything that could be construed as offensive. I'm not worried about it, at all. 

I do not have a picture of Tara in a scantily clad Kerbal cosplay. This needs to change. @Tara Read we need to make this happen

My only other concerns relate to what type of ships you will fly in our subcap fleets. For example, we use machariels a lot but you cannot use t2 auto cannons and you don't have logistics 5. Other support ships like dic/hic/t3s are obviously useful but ideally you'll be expected to be able to fill any subcap role and you should have a plan to address this quickly. 

I'm all for giving people a chance and I know number or skill points doesn't determine how useful a person can be but as quoted above you simply lack the skills to fly our main doctrine and I simply can't see where you would fit in on one of the main fleets unless your good at flying booshers? If that's the case please provide evidence. If not maybe holding of a few months a polishing of some of skills needed to fly those ships wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

Just now, Hedliner said:

My only other concerns relate to what type of ships you will fly in our subcap fleets. For example, we use machariels a lot but you cannot use t2 auto cannons and you don't have logistics 5. Other support ships like dic/hic/t3s are obviously useful but ideally you'll be expected to be able to fill any subcap role and you should have a plan to address this quickly. 

My first step is to get my main ready for the Machariel, I can inject to t2 large auto, it's fairly close at the moment. I've been using the fax character when logi has been needed in the past, I trained it into a basi, logi v is also in the skill queue. Until the large autos are done, I can fly Huginn, web Loki, Lachesis, dic/hic, command dessie, or the meta arty Machariel.  I'll be liquidating all my assets in the south before moving up, and I budgeted plenty to have some injectors to shore up skills in the most used doctrines. I didn't want to do too much ahead of time, since I didn't know exactly what was most important, other than t2 auto/meta arty mach, and t2 beam legion. 

I understand there's a ways to go here. I know that I'll have to work to get into the things that are needed. I'm committed to getting it done as quickly as possible. Having just moved from Test to Tri a lot of my isk is tied up in buying all the new doctrines, and lower than I'd like for not being able to make much in the last few weeks while moving and getting set up. I can liquidate some assets and get the t2 autos injected before joining, I just didn't want to start selling off things until I knew the result though.

18 minutes ago, Taraas Enko said:

I'm all for giving people a chance and I know number or skill points doesn't determine how useful a person can be but as quoted above you simply lack the skills to fly our main doctrine and I simply can't see where you would fit in on one of the main fleets unless your good at flying booshers? If that's the case please provide evidence. If not maybe holding of a few months a polishing of some of skills needed to fly those ships wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

She's better at jump ranges than I am. That should be more than ample evidence. xD But yeah like Claire stated above, alot of assets, isk were tied up and in reserve for any skills she might need to shore up what's lacking.

Also if I might mention even since I joined the requirements have become far more stringent with the ever increasing use of Dreads which about a year ago were not a specific requirement. So these things take time. Some of us have luckily been able to come from groups that have used Machs in the past and armor doctrines like low sec entities.

Others in bigger null blocs (and we can all attest to this) try to keep their doctrines to the lowest common denominator. Meaning it's cheap, it's enough to get an F1 monkey into, and it's replaceable. Even Tri seems to pigeonhole members into Shield so it's quite a leap doing a 180 from that sort of mindset and group to what we demand and expect.

Edited by Tara Read

1 minute ago, Claire Ijonen said:

My first step is to get my main ready for the Machariel, I can inject to t2 large auto, it's fairly close at the moment. I've been using the fax character when logi has been needed in the past, I trained it into a basi, logi v is also in the skill queue. Until the large autos are done, I can fly Huginn, web Loki, Lachesis, dic/hic, command dessie, or the meta arty Machariel.  I'll be liquidating all my assets in the south before moving up, and I budgeted plenty to have some injectors to shore up skills in the most used doctrines. I didn't want to do too much ahead of time, since I didn't know exactly what was most important, other than t2 auto/meta arty mach, and t2 beam legion. 

I understand there's a ways to go here. I know that I'll have to work to get into the things that are needed. I'm committed to getting it done as quickly as possible. Having just moved from Test to Tri a lot of my isk is tied up in buying all the new doctrines, and lower than I'd like for not being able to make much in the last few weeks while moving and getting set up. I can liquidate some assets and get the t2 autos injected before joining, I just didn't want to start selling off things until I knew the result though.

And thats why your Pedigree is being screened. I like your mature responses to these deficiencies and that your are willing to put forth the needed investment to meet the requirements.   Snigg is not a Training corp. you need to be situationaly aware logistically ready for the ins and outs of rapidly changing doctrine and employment of these isk propelled pixal symbols of pure tear collectors.   Is waiting until October really necessary?  I dont care. I think you will integrate fine and will get caught up.

14 minutes ago, Taraas Enko said:

I will be able to inject to the doctrine machariel without issue, even though I can't use the guns at the moment, and min bs 4 is next up in the skill queue and would be done by the time I got everything sold/moved and was ready to go. 

It is a big switch from our current alliance doctrines in many ways, particularly Test, where I spent most of my time, is heavily invested in shield doctrines. 

As I said, I can inject to the mach, either as a condition of acceptance or soon after if that's okay, or I can get all these things done and apply again later. It's not my ideal, but I very much understand everyone's concerns and I will work to rectify them.