Sign in to follow this  
Stafford Magnus

Stafford Magnus

1. Whо do you know in ΕO? If you don't know anyone in ΕO‚ do you know anyone іn PL that can vouch for you? How do you know your vouchees?

I do not know anyone in EO or in PL who can vouch for me.

2. How long have you been playing EVE Online?

I started my original character (Stafford) in 2004, but aside from a few months here and there, didn't really start playing until 2010 or so.

3. What do you like to do in EVE Online?

I enjoy fleet engagements above anything else, particularly where capitals are involved. For solo stuff I usually smartbomb a pipe or hunt exploration site runners.

4. Give us a brief biography of your ΕVΕ career.

As previously stated I started my first character back in 2004, played for a few months just dicking around in highsec, running missions, mining, the usual carebear stuff. I either applied to or was invited to EvE Defence Force fairly quickly but can't remember anything notable about the corp.

When I returned to EvE in 2010 I joined Cerberus Federation, a corp that simply had an office in the station where I was running missions from at the time, the CEO happened to also be Australian, mostly US/AUTZ, and they were living in nullsec Querious nearby. They were a fun group of guys to fly and learn the ins-n-outs of the nullsec life with, but was an unremarkable corp aside from that. We moved several times and change Alliances over the years as each Alliance disbanded or became inactive.

Finally in 2014 CEFED joined Gentlemens Club, a junior member of N3 tasked with the defence of southern Detorid at the time. GClub under FCs Mister Toucher and Chuckie O'Brian stonewalled the Russians for months culminating in the twin battles of 77S, to date my favourite battles to be actually engaged in.

When SSlink went afk in 2015 Mister Toucher was pretty much the only FC left to run the show, which he did pretty much solo for three to four months straight. Inevitably with the burnout from this and non-existant leadership, GClub broke up with CEFED deciding to go join SMA, I had long declared it would be a cold day in hell before I would be a part of, or allied to, Goonswarm and their ilk.

During the evac from Gclub space I transitioned over to Mister Touchers corp, Superfluous Wanderlust and have been here ever since. We spent a brief period in Shadow Cartel after GClub but decided the lowsec life wasn't for us, before settling in with The-Culture in Fountain.

5. What are the names of all your characters and how many SP does each one have? Link killboards and skillsheets for all your PvP characters. If you have bought any of your characters link the relevant sale thread.

Main account:

1. Stafford Magnus 105M SP Killboard Skillsheet Dread (Naglfar), Triage, JF, Super pilot, some subcaps. (PW: qwerty)

2. Aeron MagnusWheland Very rarely used alt.

3. Unused

Second account:

1. Damien Magnus 87M SP Killboard Skillsheet Main subcapital pilot, max leadership skills, max T3 skills.

2. Zarla Wheland Cyno wench

3. Melissa Wheland Cyno wench

Third account:

1. William Magnus 43M SP KIllboard Skillsheet Secondary capital pilot, Dread (Phoenix), Triage - still training.

2. Haulin' Henrietta Neutral JF alt

3. Miss Marketwench Jita alt

Fourth account:

1. Craig Stirling 35M SP No killboard Skillsheet Super and Titan sitter, secondary JF.

2. James Stirling Unused alt

3. Misha Mykloss Unused alt

6. Post three kills that you are most pleased with‚ and tell us why you like them.

Tristan vs INS Yeah he fucked up by not fitting beams and kiting me, but I was still pretty chuffed to kill a faction frigate with a T1 (even if the Tristan is OP af)

Faggoty sabre This guy camps the pipe near us a lot, what's remarkable about that you say? Nothing except he has a falcon alt nearby if shit go south, decided his faggotry needed punishing so I bait-n-switched him.

Shiny Proteus This one frequently came to our space to hunt, wouldn't engage unless he was absolutely certain he would win, he set up a stop bubble on a station from a gate, I 'accidentally' warped into it and started slowboating to station - he took the bait and that was all she wrote.

7. Can you fly a carrier?

Yes.

8. Do you own a supercapital?

Yes. A Nyx and a Wy... Wyv... the other one.

9. What do you think you are good at‚ and what would you like to improve at in ΕVΕ?

I think I'm pretty good at keeping it together when shit is going down, I've talked a few guys down while they're in the process of getting dropped and panicking by having them feed me info until a proper FC arrives to take control, i.e. What are you flying? What are they flying? How many?  Do they have drag bubbles? Do you have a cyno? Do they have a cyno jammer up? Zoom out, it looks like a circle with an X through it. Does it have a green 'onlining' thing around it, it looks similar to your mobile depot when it's onlining. How's your tank holding, ok here's Raknor....

I'd like to improve my individual piloting skill and understanding of engagement profiles, although that's pretty much on me to get out and do more solo pvp stuff.

10. What is your main way of making ISK?

I make Capitals and Supers. I also do JF runs and market seed a bit.

11. Hоw did you hear about‚ and why do you want to join ΕO?

I can't say that I know anything particular about EO aside from you guys having been in PL for a long time. 

Although I do enjoy being in Wanderlust it's become increasingly apparent to me that Mr.T holds very little interest in EvE anymore and the corp is dying a slow death as a result, it's been an ongoing issue for many months now, and despite corp meetings and plans to do various things, nothing much seems to come of it. I've helped out when and where I can, refuelling and harvesting our moons for example, but I can only ship spin and keep myself entertained for so long - if Mr.T came back into EvE with his gusto and vigor tomorrow I would be overjoyed, but it's gotten to the point that I don't ever see it happening.

12. On average‚ how many hours per week do you think you play?

30-40.

13. A) Give us fits for each of the following ships: Hyena‚ Panther‚ Vigilant‚ Εtana‚ and a fleet fіt logіstics ship

[Hyena, Small Gang Support]

Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
1MN Afterburner II

250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot S
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

[Panther, Blop'o'clock]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Co-Processor II

Heavy 'Brave' Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 3200
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive
Warp Disruptor II
Shadow Serpentis Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Improved 'Guise' Cloaking Device II
Heavy 'Moat' Energy Neutralizer
Heavy 'Moat' Energy Neutralizer

Large Ancillary Current Router II
Large Trimark Armor Pump II

Gecko x3
Warrior II x5

[Vigilant, Vig, roaming, cheapish]

Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Domination Stasis Webifier
Warp Disruptor II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

[Etana, HopeyouknowsomeonewithanEtanaandballsasbigasyourstodropwith!]

Syndicate Damage Control
Shadow Serpentis Power Diagnostic System
Syndicate Signal Amplifier

10MN Afterburner II
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Pith X-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Gistum A-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Large Remote Shield Booster II
Large Ancillary Remote Shield Booster
Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

[Scimitar, Fleet Scimi]
Power Diagnostic System II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Pithum C-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x4

13. B) If you were using a supercarrier to dunk on nerds which one would you use and how would you fit it.

If by dunk on nerds I'm thinking you mean gank and gtfo, so grab a Nyx or Hel, fit for max damage and agility, with utility in case of suddenly hictors.

This is slightly different, but fit for alphaing JFs as they align off the undock. Yes I know diminishing returns is a thing...

[Nyx, Gottagank'emall]
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers
Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers

500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Imperial Navy Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Networked Sensor Array

Capital Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Capital Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Tracking Speed Script x4

Cyclops II x12
Dragonfly II x12

Scarab II x20

14. You are in a PL armor HAC fleet and we are heavily engaged with some random scrublords. We get bombed and you receive roughly 30% armor damage. What do you do?

Overheat hardeners, if you are aligning in the direction of a potiential warp-out point and are not bubbled, prepare to warp if your shit is about to blow up.

15. You are in a LR zealot in a PL sniper HAC fleet‚ engaged with a large fleet of enemy Drakes and your overview suddenly goes all yellow boxy. What do you do?

Zealots? Drakes? Is this 2012? Anyway, overheat hardeners, broadcast for reps, align to the closest celestial/warpout point to your current align and warp if logi cannot hold you.

16. Yоu are roaming with an alliance member‚ both of уou in vagabonds‚ and spot a lone Drake on a gate in an emptу system. What do you do?

Probably bait, engage at max range but be prepared to burn away and warp out if local spikes or a cyno is lit.

17. You are solo roaming in a Vagabond and jump into a gate camp with some interceptors and Arazus. What do уou do?

Overheat hardeners and MWD, burn back to gate, make sure most or all of the scrubs have redboxed you before jumping.

18. How old are уou (real lіfe age)?

19. In what country do you currently lіve?  Are you Danish and or Australian?

I am Australian

20. Do you have any pets?

I have two budgies

21. What is yоur favorite Ke$ha song?

Who?

22. Do уou read 4-chan?

No.

23. Do уou have an SA account? If you do then lіnk іt you shiftless faggot.

No.

24. Do you post on any public forums eg Reddit/FHC etc? If so link them

Yes, on Reddit. My reddit Sperg

25. Do you have a working microphone?

Yes.

26. Is your voice annoying?

I don't know, is it? Steven!

26. Attach a recording of the text below:

Steven and I met in Mr. Rollins’ third grade class. I’d like to say we became friends immediately but‚ actually‚ I thought Steven was quite the teacher’s pet so I ignored him.
Of course‚ thаt studiousness and his ability to make friends with the “right” people is probably why Steven ended up as the owner of his own successful company. I came to appreciate Steven’s finer qualities and what I came to know eventually is that it was all real. Steven did not have an inauthentic bone in his body. Steven stood up for people. Something happened in the seventh grade that I will never forget and is a perfect example
We were at Old Man Jenkins' house having some pop and Steven looked deeply into my eyes and said he loved me. The next few years were wonderful‚ and Steven and I frolicked around town‚ having the gay sex whenever we wanted. It was a magical time‚ it wаs the best of times. Sadly‚ in 1972 Steven died in а car accident. I have never met anyone else like Steven throughout the course of my long-lived life. This is for you Steven‚ my love

See above.

If you are Australian and already own a nyx, I hear VERA is looking for a replacement for their previous #1 nyx pilot.  Only requirement is that you must shoot friendlies and never be on comms.  Interested in the position?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

You get a forum PM by a player named @Madkicker who invites you to his Blops group if you give him a Shield Blops fit.

What do you do? How do you react?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trottel Elf said:

You get a forum PM by a player named @Madkicker who invites you to his Blops group if you give him a Shield Blops fit.

What do you do? How do you react?

I'm waiting. Don't disappoint me.

16 hours ago, Lloyd Loar said:

If you are Australian and already own a nyx, I hear VERA is looking for a replacement for their previous #1 nyx pilot.  Only requirement is that you must shoot friendlies and never be on comms.  Interested in the position?

8 hours ago, Ordo GArr said:

Why do you want to join ISRAD instead of other pl corps?

7 hours ago, Madkicker said:

I'm waiting. Don't disappoint me.

@Lloyd Loar Well, if shit's going down might as well keep the killboard green! As for not being on comms, not sure I could manage that, if I'm not working or sleeping and have no other obligations, I'm on TS (or Mumble).

@Ordo GArr Most of the other corp forums I checked had either recruitment closed or vouch only.

@Madkicker 

[Widow, ☻]
Damage Control II
Reactor Control Unit II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Domination X-Large Shield Booster
True Sansha Heavy Capacitor Booster
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Domination Shield Boost Amplifier
Domination Warp Disruptor
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Large Micro Jump Drive

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Caldari Navy Cloaking Device

Large Core Defense Field Extender II
Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1000
ECCM Script x1
Targeting Range Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Nova Fury Heavy Missile x800
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile x870
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x900

I'm going to regret this, arn't I?

Edited by Stafford Magnus

1 hour ago, Stafford Magnus said:

@Ordo GArr Most of the other corp forums I checked had either recruitment closed or vouch only.

So you seem like an Ok guy so I'll just say it straight away without trolling you too much: Our recruitment is vouch only aswell.

And yes, that Widow fit is pretty bad, so perfect to help @Madkicker in his cause to feed blops

App accepted, please send an application to Reikoku [RKK] in game

9 hours ago, Trottel Elf said:

So you seem like an Ok guy so I'll just say it straight away without trolling you too much: Our recruitment is vouch only aswell.

And yes, that Widow fit is pretty bad, so perfect to help @Madkicker in his cause to feed blops

Ok no worries, thanks for your time.

Tbh Im actually ok with this, seems like u have a brain vOv

@Stafford Magnus tell me why your Hyena, Nyx and Etana fits are poor and i'm down with ur app.

Thanks

Gold Leader

CEO Oblivion Watch

Member of Hydra Reloaded since 1926
First AT in 1945

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Stafford Magnus said:

@Lloyd Loar Well, if shit's going down might as well keep the killboard green! As for not being on comms, not sure I could manage that, if I'm not working or sleeping and have no other obligations, I'm on TS (or Mumble).

Ok, please go here and fill out the appropriate application: https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/forum/212-pure-avarice-public-recruitment/

Tell them that Capt Canada vouched for you.

12 hours ago, Bluemelon said:

Tbh Im actually ok with this, seems like u have a brain vOv

@Stafford Magnus tell me why your Hyena, Nyx and Etana fits are poor and i'm down with ur app.

Thanks

Gold Leader

CEO Oblivion Watch

Member of Hydra Reloaded since 1926
First AT in 1945

By poor I'm going to assume you mean badly fit, not 'not blingy enough' poor?

For the Hyena I can't honestly say I see too much wrong with it, I'm envisioning it running with a T3 dessie gang and have frig logi support, the idea being to sig tank with AB on and have enough shield buffer to take a few hits. I guess you could pimp the web to taste for extra range.

For the Etana, I really rushed that one - here's a better fit, basically it's a cov ops capable basi designed to run with another Etana, something most people will never do but hey - you guys have a few lying around right?

[Etana, WTF II]

Syndicate Damage Control
Shadow Serpentis Power Diagnostic System
Syndicate Signal Amplifier

Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Gistum A-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Imperial Navy Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Imperial Navy Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

T2 AB swapped for A-type

Ancil booster swapped to T2

X-type EM swapped to CN Extender for more buffer, although if you drop with a blops gang, get counterdropped and caught with only one other Etana you're probably fucked anyway. Maybe fit a cyno for your standby FAX....

The Nyx fit is bad because it's a niche fit, designed only around cynoing into lowsec and ganking JFs as they align out to a highsec gate then GTFO as soon as JF pops. 

It has zero tank, diminishing returns, and it's only real defence is to hopefully Neut out a HICtor and get away if the HIC is bad and didn't fit two cap boosters.

Theoretically the Scarabs are there to jam out a HIC, but in the time taken to recall fighters and swap them out, the cyno has gone up and you're probably fucked anyway.

Here's a more standard 'fleet fit' Nyx.

[Nyx, Fleet]

Syndicate Damage Control
CONCORD 25000mm Steel Plates
CONCORD 25000mm Steel Plates
Centum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
Federation Navy Drone Navigation Computer
Federation Navy Drone Navigation Computer

Networked Sensor Array
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
ECM Jammer Burst Projector
Cynosural Field Generator I

Capital Trimark Armor Pump II

11 hours ago, Paul Brinkhoff said:

Whats your take on the Kashmir conflict ?

TBH I hadn't given it much thought, after 70 years you'd think they could get their shit together - maybe they need one Donald J. Trump to build them a wall?

8 hours ago, Lloyd Loar said:

Ok, please go here and fill out the appropriate application: https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/forum/212-pure-avarice-public-recruitment/

Tell them that Capt Canada vouched for you.

Will keep it in mind, just want to see where this one goes first.

Edited by Stafford Magnus

With regards to the Hyena, AB and 2 tanking mods over MWD and 2 webs is very bad. 

The rest i'll accept.

+

5 hours ago, Vik Reddy said:

@Stafford Magnus

Which six original 151 Pokémon would you use to fight the Elite Four?

Never played Pokemon so can't help you with this one sorry.

1 hour ago, Sumo Sabezan said:

Pls give me your favourite recipe for pulled pork.

Never had pulled pork, I'm guessing it's a lot more popular in the USA than it is here, that said, it looks damn good!

No Vouch,

No friendly "I knew that guy once" reference

@Kilo181 Has gotten more kills in one month than your Main has total, ever.

Your fits probably gave @Madkicker a stroke.

You probably are friends with people in MAMBA

There is a -420.0% chance of you joining.  Go join Horde or Waffles.  I heard VERA. has low requirements also, try them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stafford Magnus said:

Never played Pokemon so can't help you with this one sorry.

Never had pulled pork, I'm guessing it's a lot more popular in the USA than it is here, that said, it looks damn good!

Pulled kangaroo then?

• Upvote 1

What other common meats have you missed out on over the past 36 years? 

5 hours ago, alchemist8 said:

No Vouch,

No friendly "I knew that guy once" reference

@Kilo181 Has gotten more kills in one month than your Main has total, ever.

Your fits probably gave @Madkicker a stroke.

You probably are friends with people in MAMBA

There is a -420.0% chance of you joining.  Go join Horde or Waffles.  I heard VERA. has low requirements also, try them.

Alright, lets break this one down.

The closest link I have to anyone in PL would be one Ariel Rin, who was invited into RKK on the strength of one pub crawl with Otto Bismark, anyway Ariel logs in one day to find everyone who is not EUTZ in RKK has been kicked, I believe Sniggerdly extended them a hand to at least let them get their shit out or whatever, but he didn't stick around long after that anyway. The only way I know Ariel is that he and I were both in CEFED some years back. That's it. A link so tenuous as to be non-existent and not worth including in my original app. I realise I'm being trolled here but eh, you asked so there's the story.

That's great for Kilo181 if he has the time to burn on EvE, the fact is I don't - or rather haven't in the past two years. EvE comes a distant third in the list of priorities, the first two being family and work, in that order. I also work as a truck driver, the last two years have seen me on either a 6/1 or 12/2 roster, as you can imagine, this does not leave a great deal of time for EvE once everything else is taken care of.

So what's changed? I hear you ask, How will you contribute to PL if you have no time to play? Ah, glad you asked. Two months ago I changed jobs, I now work a 7/3/7/4 roster on a 12 hour daily shift. This at least allows me two hours each day and as much time to play as I want come my breaks.

Apparently Madkicker feeds blops so, wouldn't giving him  a stroke be a good thing.....?

I deny and divest myself of any and all relationship with that corp that shall not be named. (Actually a couple of dudes in there are ok, for real)

-420.0%? Might as well throw a lock on this then.

4 hours ago, Sumo Sabezan said:

Pulled kangaroo then?

1 hour ago, Rampin Lampin said:

What other common meats have you missed out on over the past 36 years? 

I have actually had Kangaroo, it's not a great meat but it's extremely healthy - very lean.

Beef, chicken, fish, lamb, and yep, pork are all regulars on our table - just not pulled pork, I might suggest it to the missus though....

• Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Stafford Magnus said:

That's great for Kilo181 if he has the time to burn on EvE, the fact is I don't - or rather haven't in the past two years. EvE comes a distant third in the list of priorities, the first two being family and work, in that order. I also work as a truck driver, the last two years have seen me on either a 6/1 or 12/2 roster, as you can imagine, this does not leave a great deal of time for EvE once everything else is taken care of.

So what's changed? I hear you ask, How will you contribute to PL if you have no time to play? Ah, glad you asked. Two months ago I changed jobs, I now work a 7/3/7/4 roster on a 12 hour daily shift. This at least allows me two hours each day and as much time to play as I want come my breaks.

All this says to me is that you haven't played the game for the past two years at a level that meets what this Corporation and Alliance do on a daily basis. AKA Fuck off and go join Horde or Waffles, Literally no one cares about your previous work schedule or IRL if you don't have a vouch.

Come back later with some actual activity and some evidence you do something other than shoot pos mods or anchor in F1 fleets.

• Haha 1

No vouch, no evidence of activity.

For what its worth you don't seem too retarded.

1 hour ago, Stafford Magnus said:

Apparently Madkicker feeds blops so, wouldn't giving him  a stroke be a good thing.....?

Wishing someone a stroke just because he feeds blops is not nice :C