CONQUERINGAZ

Conqueringaz Application

♥1♥ What іs your timezone‚ primary language and approximately how many hours of EVE do you play per week? Tell us a little about your real life‚ your age‚ occupation etc.

US – Eastern. I play anywhere from 20-40 hours per week depending on RL. I am an attorney in my late 20s.

♥2♥ What are your feelings about Taylor Swift? Which Taylor Swift song inspires you the most and why?

Blank Space – Besides the fact it is an incredible song, I consider myself an archetype of who Taylor Swift is targeting in the soon as prior to my soon to be wife, I was with a girl that essentially acted like Taylor Swift in the song. She went all crazy on me during law school and went on to the next guy, only to do the same (again thrice more).

♥3♥ Do you approve of scamming people in EVE? Have you ever done so? Do you think it’s okay not to honour ransoms?

Yes, social darwinism is a thing. I have been scammed and have scammed others. If you abstract this to real life, many common transactions you pay are essentially scams, it is just our societal views and expectations justify them. It is all relative. I do have a sense of E-Honor partially because I am ethically bound by my State Bar to maintain professional repsonsibility.

♥4♥ Do you approve of meta-gaming and spying in EVE? Have ever you done so or had it done to you? Do you have any useful spy alts? PM details about them to Elise Randolph.

I used to be a big fan of it when I was in -A- (old old days like when evil thug was active). I had my first spy in IAC and then had several toons in Provi. That is actually how I met Maka, Clydar, Guderian3, Progod, North, etc.

♥5♥ List all of your EVE characters with links to skill sheets. Note your main character‚ skill points of each character‚ specializations and how long you’ve had each character.

Conqueringaz – original char (July 2005 char) – 110mil+ sp (I burned 20 mil sp on injectors when I came back because they redid prereq skills for caps/t2 guns). My titan char back in aoe dd days, can fly all caps.

Arhc – subcap alt (I have had him since about 2008 but was pvp active starting Julyish 2009) – all sub cap skills, training black ops/jump skills currently since I do not have much else to train – approximately 100mil sp.

Shaolin Tsu – do-it-all char and current nyx ratting toon- 100mil sp, have had since 2009ish

Ivana Sack – prober/hauler/builder/research, approximately 20 mil sp.

Mozlodick – 2007 char but recently started him up to be an OOC freighter/rorq pilot. <5 mil sp

NotAnother NanoHel – the name says it all, started a couple months ago, <5 mil sp.

Anaharat – got him in April of this year from a friend, 20 mil sp utility char.

♥6♥ What ships can you pilot and what ships do you like? What is your play style? Do you have any FC experience? If so‚ on what scale?  What other roles are you familiar with in fleets?

Between my characters I can fly virtually every ship in the game. I like battleships the most, particularly the machariel due to its multi-use ability. I have FC experience from Veritas Immortalis (lol), -A-, etc., including large battleship and capital engagements. I have FCed supers before, but not in the current meta.

♥7♥ Do you have an independent way to make income? Do you pay for EVE with PLEX or money?

Yes through ratting/industry. I pay with money.

♥8♥ How long have you been playing EVE? Tell us a little about your EVE history‚ greatest achievements‚ your favorite fights or kills‚ previous corporations and alliances‚ and any past friendly or unfriendly relationships you’ve had with us.

2005 but I went through a major hiatus until this year. I originally started as a miner, joined Supertwinkey69 in a hi sec war dec corp, then went to stain to do 0.0 stuff, eventually joined Firmus Ixion, then back to stain, then to Dark Rising/Veritas Immortalis, then –A-, then NC., then back to –A-, then test (lol did it on a dare), then I quit. Came back b/c of Maka and co. to MVN, and now here (xD).

I would say my greatest thrills were my constant metagaming of provi back when –A- burned them to the ground (2010). I thoroughly enjoyed the first and second great wars (v. goons) when isk was not as inflated and bs fleets actually meant tangible loss.

♥9♥ List any relevant killboard links to your PvP characters‚ and explanations of any significant losses.

https://zkillboard.com/character/769570766/ - Main pvper currently.

https://zkillboard.com/character/744129870/ - Need to put him back in a cap/super eventually and use him again.

♥10♥ Why do you want to join us? Where did you hear about us? List any references or vouches in HABIT or PL (MAKE SURE you’ve talked to them first before posting here).

Maka told me to. He has that way with people :S . Also, Northsoldier, Ecar Xevu, Clydar Dramos, Thorexion Lynch.

Section 2: Ship Setups

♥11♥ Give a setup for a ship or ships you would likely solo PvP in‚ even if you never solo PvP (multiboxing setups are fine).

[Machariel, New Setup 1]

Gyrostabilizer II

Gyrostabilizer II

Damage Control II

Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Gyrostabilizer II

Tracking Enhancer II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

True Sansha Warp Disruptor

Large Shield Extender II

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L

Heavy Energy Neutralizer II

Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Valkyrie II x5

Warrior II x5

Hornet EC-300 x10

♥12♥ Give a setup for an armour tanked HAC or T3.

Legion

Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
True Sansha Armor Explosive Hardener
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener
True Sansha Armor Thermal Hardener
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Tracking Disruptor II

Heavy Beam Laser II

Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Legion Defensive - Augmented Plating
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor
Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

♥13♥ Give a setup for a Machariel or long-range HAC/T3.

[Machariel, 1200mm mach]

Damage Control II

Armor Thermal Hardener II

Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Armor Kinetic Hardener II

Armor Explosive Hardener II

Sensor Booster II

100MN Afterburner II

Tracking Computer II

Tracking Computer II

Phased Muon Scoped Sensor Dampener

Drone Link Augmentor II

1200mm Artillery Cannon II

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

♥14♥ Give a Remote Repair Battleship setup.

[Yikes] (Tempest for creativity points?)

[Tempest, Tempest fit]

1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Gyrostabilizer II

IFFA Compact Damage Control

Large Micro Jump Drive

500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Warp Scrambler II

Large Coaxial Compact Remote Armor Repairer

Large Coaxial Compact Remote Armor Repairer

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Barrage L

Valkyrie II x5

Light Armor Maintenance Bot II x5

♥15♥ Give a setup for a combat carrier you would use with us. If you have a supercarrier‚ post its current setup instead.

[Thanatos]

Core X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
25000mm Steel Plates II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script
10000MN Afterburner I
Capital Cap Battery II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Drone Navigation Computer II

Networked Sensor Array
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit I
Heavy Energy Neutralizer II

Capital Trimark Armor Pump I
Capital Drone Durability Enhancer I
Capital Trimark Armor Pump I

♥16♥ If any of your characters can pilot Heavy Interdictors‚ give a setup for a Heavy Interdictor you’d use with us.

[Devoter, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
1600mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
1600mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener
Armor Thermal Hardener II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Warp Disruption Field Generator II, Focused Warp Disruption Script
Cynosural Field Generator I /OFFLINE
125mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I, EMP S

Warrior II x5
Warrior II x5

Section 3: EVE Knowledge

This next section is designed to get to know more about your EVE knowledge and what you would do in different situations.

♥17♥ While roaming‚ you find a Drake in a belt and engage it (you decide what ship(s) you’re roaming in‚ and give us the setups here too). Half way through the fight‚ while the Drake has you warp disrupted‚ a Basilisk uncloaks. What do you do?

I would likely be in an orthrus (rapid lights and buffer in a roaming gang). Call for gang to come in and help with points. I would go for Basi and attack him given the fact that he’s a cloaked basi that’s worth more and the drake like does not have RR for him. With the Orthrus I can easily dictate range and hope to get the basi tackled, while my compadres get the drake pointed.

♥18♥ You are roaming with an alliance member‚ both of you in Vagabonds‚ and spot a lone Drake on a gate in an empty system. What do you do?

One Vaga aggresses at warp disrupt range and the other jumps through to check other side. Hopefully he is alone and you force him through (then Vaga two makes sure he is tackled) or cause him to aggress (then vaga 2 reapproaches and comes through). If he is not alone, Vaga two should gate crash and/or gtfo. Vaga one then pulls range.

♥19♥ You are solo roaming in a Vagabond and jump into a gate-camp with some interceptors and Arazus. How do you survive‚ if possible?

Gate-crash seems to be best bet, you want to put yourself in a scenario where you get the arazu to aggress, you re-approach and jump, and get whatever ceptor likely jumps out with you. You should be able to kill the ceptor quite quickly or at least get him away from scram range while you get distance from the gate, you do not want to go too far as you do not want the arazu to be able to warp to the ceptor(s) when he deagression is up.

♥20♥ You and a friend are in supercarriers‚ in low-sec, killing a small offline tower. Suddenly‚ a Falcon uncloaks and 50 roleplayers bridge in on top of both of you with eight HICs and 50k dps worth of ships. How do you survive?

Since you are killing an offline tower, the first thing to do is to align to a friendly citadel or pos after coming out of warp. That would allow you to gtfo as soon as you see a decloak (no normal falcon is going to decloak just to say hi). If you were dumb and let this happen to you, your only hope is to pray your buffer tank holds while you and the friend focus down the Hic’s to hope to jump out. If one of you guys has a cyno, refit on the other (or already have it on) and cyno hoping they run and hoping you have friends that like you enough to help you.

♥21♥ You and a friend are in scrubby battlecruisers (e.g. Hurricanes or Harbingers) with weak tanks‚ in low sec. A Tempest aggresses you under sentry fire and neutralizes all your cap‚ but you are able to MWD away out to 30km after taking a lot of damage. Do you leave your friend to die?

If we are under sentry fire then we are at a (npc controlled) station or gate. This question did not introduce any facts to suggest either of us are actually aggressed. The friend should be able to jump or dock. Additionally, since we were primaried, that should give the friend plenty of time to make the wise decision to gtfo as soon as aggression by the tempest was made. I do not envision many scenarios where two gank canes/harbs would take on a tempest, especially if it is clear that tempest has a history of low sec combat (zkill is everyone’s friend).

♥22♥ You are in Old Man Star and have intel of a Nyx warping around. Describe the steps you would take to find the Nyx.

The first step is obviously to make sure you check out the system in an OOC alt to not “spook” anyone, preferably a cloaky. If he is warping more than once or twice he is likely either bouncing safes or actively pvping or attempting to pvp (let’s be optimistic). First tool is to check dscan for a positive ID on the nyx. I haven’t been in this system in ages so I do not remember the size of it. If the nyx does not have warp speed mods (rigs/implants/low slot accelerator) this makes your job easy when you figure out what he is up to. The hope is that this guy is actually using the same safes over and over, to which you can set up a cloaked ooc hic with cyno at or near the bm(s), or he is being a hero and ganking stuff at the station or otherwise. The key is to get the hic into system without him looking. I would use another OOC to bait in some sort of capital or maybe a buffer bs (if he is actively killing stuff, a check on zkill for his activity and alts associated with his kills is handy).

When applying this scenario to real eve application, it is probably safe to assume that the nyx is an idiot for having to chain safes when he should have either a nestor to refit to a cloak immediately, have a cloak already , or getting jump cap to gtfo the system. If it is the third scenario, then you have to act quickly, get the HIC with cyno ready to go asap, and hope you catch him with your probe cycle as he is decelerating out of warp.

If he is pvping, bait him, tackle with hic, cyno in dread/tempest bomb, milk qq’s in local.

4 hours ago, Forlorn Wongraven said:

Will you make dank ticks? Link your krab fit!

Currently, Need to get ascendancies at some point to maximize those ticks.

[Nyx, Dank Wagon]

Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier

Sentient Damage Control

Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer

True Sansha Cap Recharger

Sentient Drone Navigation Computer

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

CONCORD Capital Shield Extender

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Cynosural Field Generator I

Networked Sensor Array

True Sansha Large EMP Smartbomb

Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Just now, CONQUERINGAZ said:

Maka told me to. He has that way with people :S . Also, Northsoldier, Ecar Xevu, Clydar Dramos, Thorexion Lynch.

jesus makalu is on a poaching spree

i know my vouch doesnt count but conq was cool +1

24 minutes ago, CONQUERINGAZ said:

Currently, Need to get ascendancies at some point to maximize those ticks.

[Nyx, Dank Wagon]

Sentient Damage Control

True Sansha Cap Recharger

Sentient Drone Navigation Computer

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

CONCORD Capital Shield Extender

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Cynosural Field Generator I

Networked Sensor Array

True Sansha Large EMP Smartbomb

Meh, enjoy your 90 mil ticks...

On 8/15/2017 at 3:48 AM, CONQUERINGAZ said:

♥1♥ What іs your timezone‚ primary language and approximately how many hours of EVE do you play per week? Tell us a little about your real life‚ your age‚ occupation etc.

US – Eastern. I play anywhere from 20-40 hours per week depending on RL. I am an attorney in my late 20s.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements, and why:

1. The Supreme Court's jurisprudence on anti-commandeering in the context of the Tenth Amendment, see, e.g.New York v. United States, 505 U.S. 144 (1992), favors state rights too heavily and detracts from the Supremacy Clause and the predominant interests of the federal government in enforcing federal law.

2. Federal mandatory minimums, as they currently stand, are an appropriate and efficient method of sentencing individuals who have agreed to take plea deals.

3. The Supreme Court correctly decided in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins, 136 S. Ct. 1540 (2016), that a statutory violation, by itself, is insufficient to confer Article III standing.

2 hours ago, gazarsgo said:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements, and why:

1. The Supreme Court's jurisprudence on anti-commandeering in the context of the Tenth Amendment, see, e.g.New York v. United States, 505 U.S. 144 (1992), favors state rights too heavily and detracts from the Supremacy Clause and the predominant interests of the federal government in enforcing federal law.

2. Federal mandatory minimums, as they currently stand, are an appropriate and efficient method of sentencing individuals who have agreed to take plea deals.

3. The Supreme Court correctly decided in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins, 136 S. Ct. 1540 (2016), that a statutory violation, by itself, is insufficient to confer Article III standing.

1. Disagree, this case did not really strike down Federal Rights. The case just stands for the proposition that the Federal Government cannot circumvent the Tenth Amendment by goading the States into doing what it wants by presenting unfavorable alternatives. I remember reading this case in Con Law my First Year. I have nearly always sided with the Federal Government on this States Rights debate and I do not find really anything wrong with what the Court decided.

2. Disagree, because that undermines the inherent concept of a plea deal. This is not my area of law though but the concepts do not align well with each other.

3. I would say no but that is because of my bias as to what type of law I do. I personally think that if there is a statutory violation, standing shouldn't really matter unless it is a statute that only affects a particular industry or number of people. If the Defendant follows the law, there would be no lawsuit. FCRA lawsuits are more so about fee generation than the actually injury anyways.

PURGE THIS IDEALISTIC PLAINTIFF-SIDE LIBERAL

jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

The only one I disagree with you on is #3. It's pretty well established in Supreme Court cases that Congress creating a statutory right of action does not automatically mean that a plaintiff has Article III standing, which includes the requirement of a concrete and particularized injury. Article III standing is a constitutional issue. It cannot be superseded or set aside by statute. While in some instances, the statutory violation itself can satisfy Article III standing (for example, some courts have held that a violation of FCRA necessarily entails injury under some privacy tort based theory), it satisfies standing requirements because the violation independently gives rise to a concrete and particularized injury. In most instances, establishing a statutory violation cannot be conflated with suffering an actual, concrete injury in fact. But reasonable minds can disagree on all of these questions. 

So yeah you can probably guess what kind of law I do.

10 hours ago, gazarsgo said:

PURGE THIS IDEALISTIC PLAINTIFF-SIDE LIBERAL

jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

The only one I disagree with you on is #3. It's pretty well established in Supreme Court cases that Congress creating a statutory right of action does not automatically mean that a plaintiff has Article III standing, which includes the requirement of a concrete and particularized injury. Article III standing is a constitutional issue. It cannot be superseded or set aside by statute. While in some instances, the statutory violation itself can satisfy Article III standing (for example, some courts have held that a violation of FCRA necessarily entails injury under some privacy tort based theory), it satisfies standing requirements because the violation independently gives rise to a concrete and particularized injury. In most instances, establishing a statutory violation cannot be conflated with suffering an actual, concrete injury in fact. But reasonable minds can disagree on all of these questions. 

So yeah you can probably guess what kind of law I do.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I just think from a purely idealistic view (yes, there I go again) the concept of arguing against standing undermines the true problem, which is the alleged violation of a statute. I think this opens the door for further limitations on statutory consumer actions based on an ancillary issue. Further limitations would likely benefit your clients but would eventually curb and/or eliminate the demand for our work.

8 hours ago, Forlorn Wongraven said:

Too many lawyers in HABIT... ¬¬

Isn't one lawyer too many? Imagine half of your real life friends being lawyers who talk about their jobs at every social gathering. And then people question why I just play eve instead??? :thinking: