Hey nerds

Took some time being a casual while I foolishly went back to school. Ready to take EVE by the balls again. Former Waffle, low activity for a few years but now done and plenty of free time I want to dedicate to making myself a good player again.

1. List your sponsor(s) within Sniggerdly if you have any (make sure to that they post in the thread to confirm).

Apothne has promised to "vouch the fuck out of me". Sounds kinky - I'm in.

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

UK, English

4. Which time zone sees the most of your playing time (US/EU/AUS)?

Mon to Fri I'm in EU prime time 1900-0000 New Eden. Weekends, available whole day (0800-0000 eve) but tend to catch up on other games, so ping/pink-pen assured but otherwise only if trolling for or looking to generate content.

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

Recently my play time has been lower than it was back in Waffles due to studying, so it's hard to compare past to future. I want to up my play time to most evenings and every weekend so I'd say I hope to be logged in to game maybe 20 hours a week? Now I'm done with exams I want to be active and in an active corp. I'm available every EU evening and am not one to wait for pings. Happy to go wormhole diving, fly alts round systems, park alts places of interest, etc.

6. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to keep secret‚ PM the relevant infо to your recruіter when аѕked to provide API.

Most of my alts are only marginally useful after three years of only focusing on my main. I still have cyno 5/ money making/ jita/ hauler among their skills but would take a little time or investment to get one up to anything like a Dread alt. I have out-of-game money to spend on injecting if alt status is a deal-breaker, but not an unlimited amount of cash to throw at EVE. All owned by me since birth except Stella.

BobbyRush - Main - nearly full on subcap, caps on the way, jdc5 for blops in past, 45 days to a not terrible apostle, thanny hull capable for suitcase, another year (at least) of cap training planned after that. eveboard zkillboard

Stella Far - gifted to me by leaving player - once was a PVP alt - candidate for dread alt if needed. A number of useful skills extracted to 0 when I figured I wouldn't play for a while - I live in regret. cyno 5. eveboard zkillboard

BrianScott - jew alt. burner missions or incursions. eveboard  zkillboard

Lynn K Salt - used to be OGB, skills extracted some time ago. Can still fly cloaky frig and t2 haulers. eveboard zkillboard

Sue Issyde - Cyno 5 bomber alt, was on the way to tengu blops hunter when I paused play. eveboard  zkillboard

DavidWallace - throwaway trade hub alt. Once upon a time had dreams of being a press-F1-domi pilot eveboard  zkillboard

LuisYoung - throwaway trade hub alt. eveboard  zkillboard

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight? Be thorough! Write a book!

Started in 2008, joined some high-sec mining corp, had my thrills there, reached the end of what that could offer within a year or so, made enough to afford an Orca when they were first launched, got bored with the play ceiling for being a miner, moved to WoW.

2010, came back to EVE with a new character and a desire to play not just against asteroids. Joined E-Uni, got some experience with hi sec wars, low sec, wormholes, null, etc. Taught classes on cloaky stuff, ewar, turret mechanics, flying interceptors, combat probing, intel & comms delivery, etc. Got involved in the running of that corp as a manager.

Went to waffles, had the time of my life being surrounded by players that taught me to play better and didn't need hand-holding. Thoroughly enjoyed things like being on deployment with a purpose like shutting down all PVE in Provi for months, or defending holdings. I really got a lot out of having a 'purpose' wider than just melting faces.

Decided it was time to make use of my schooling and got a new job in a new city that came with a three-year postgrad education requirement, so ended up getting inactivity purged from waffles. Spent a year in own corp wasting time, rejoined e-uni two years ago to at least have some people to fly with, but have spent most of that time just hanging out in their wormhole not really trying hard to get much done.

Now I'm done with school again for the third time and I want to get back to having a purpose to logging in more than spinning my ship. I know it'll take a commitment from me to focus my characters on what Snigg needs and that's exactly what I want.

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

I have a lot of love for IVY but it's not the place for a well developed character or a player who's already done the 'pay it forward' routine. There are some gameplay styles and mechanics that I'll never get in IVY and I've never lost my love for PL after the brush I had back in waffles. I want not just to play with the best players, but feel like I deserve to be with them too, and I won't get that where I am.

Plus I miss being hazed. It's been too long since someone in eve said something that made me laugh out loud.

9. Are you a shit disturber? Have you caused drama or headache to those around you? Be honest.

I'm personal conflict adverse. I'm hard to offend. I'm a bleeding-heard liberal. Politics and religion are for the classroom. Drama runs away from me.

10. Why are you trying to join Sniggerdly over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within Pаndemic Legion?

When I was in Waffles Snigg was always the goal of all the pilots - as such, not only do I still want a place in Snigg but a lot of the guys and gals I flew with then have had their Snigg graduation and I'd like to roll with the crowd I know. Plus, I have a man-crush on Apoth so if I don't get to fly under his banner I shall be sad.

11. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

Aside from the somewhat dull fact my char can fly just about anything subcap, I've actually had the time to play a lot of the roles too. I love fleet and intel interceptor work and AF/inty wolf packs, I can scout, combat probe and punt in a covops or recon, I've done blops huting, blops bridging and combat blops, I have SCed bombing runs in 1000-player systems, I've done fleet logi in all four races, ewar of all four types, screening support from fast flyers in a Huginn, energy warfare, RR gangs, naga sniping, catalyst ganking, etc. I *like* to be flying the ship that takes more than F1.

12. Got any tears (griefing logs‚ instances оf scams, etc) to share?

I conduct my diplomacy with my high slots.

13. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

I play Heroes of the Storm a couple of times a week to keep up with my quests and I enjoy most turn-based strategy games. Recently my non-eve time is spent on Stellaris and Civ 6. Once upon a time I played Dota 2 but I gave that up the same time I went on EVE hiatus.

14. Do you poѕt on Eve-related websites (Reddit‚ FHC, Zulu, EN24/TMC cоmments sectіons)? If so, link your profile/post history.
Nope, but I check /r/eve daily.

Confirming vouch - just waiting on confirmation he's who he says he is and not someone who got his logins.

Edit: Confirmed

Edited by Apothne

So at a first glance at your app, the one thing that it really lacks is capital pilot of any description. I know you said that you extracted all the sp’s out but do you have isk to re-inject said character and willingness to do so? If so what will be your primary focus?

The other thing that kinda irks me about your app is that you say you deserve to be with the supposed best, would you like to elaborate on this further?

Name your top 5 favourite films or books. 

Hi, part of being in Snigg is that you would need to be dread/apostle capable with the ships on an alt as well as having the ships for current fleets (Machs/Logi/etc).

Do you have the desire and capability to inject your toons with the skills you need and the isk to buy the ships/fittings required?

Also from recent fleets I have been on, how do you feel about entosis/citadel mechanics and the fleets that are run in relation to them?

Known Bobby (sup wanker ;)  ) since years ago.  Can confirm he's not a douchebaggette and knows his shit,  I have no doubt that as long as he's active he'll be an asset to Snigg and PL as a whole.  But my fellow Sniggs bring up valid points with lack of Caps :( 

I'll be suitcasing his shit until he's CAP-able (see what I did there? ^_^)

1st what’s your favorite solo or small gang 1 to 10 players ship and fit you would use ?

do you play warhammer total war?

do you play any table top games ?

20 hours ago, Joshua Doyle said:

So at a first glance at your app, the one thing that it really lacks is capital pilot of any description. I know you said that you extracted all the sp’s out but do you have isk to re-inject said character and willingness to do so? If so what will be your primary focus?

The other thing that kinda irks me about your app is that you say you deserve to be with the supposed best, would you like to elaborate on this further?

Name your top 5 favourite films or books. 

I expected to have to spend some real money buying injectors to get myself an Apostle, which I look at as the same as what I'd spend buying a new game, and that's in many ways what I want from EVE now, a new experience I haven;t had the chance to be involved in before. I can also move some SP I have in stuff just wasted on the other alts so I am quite willing to get that sorted asap.

I wasn't going for "I'm entitled to be with the good players", with what I wrote - I was going for: I'm not currently at a point in my knowledge about everything EVE has to offer to say something like that and I know there's still plenty of things EVE has to offer me. But if in the future I do want to say "I think I'm a great player!" then I want to be able to back it up with the right experiences, and I think I'll get that flying with Snigg

I pay for an unlimited access card at the cinema so I see *a lot* of movies. It's hard to do favourites. I do like movies where I leave thinking "Well that's something I've not seen before!" either in the film making technologies or in the storyline, etc. Standouts that immediately come to mind are The Matrix, Couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Terminator 2 for techn/film making, or Grosse Point Blank or The Long Kiss Goodnight for interesting writing. Special mention for Thor 3 this year for being much better than the more recent Marvel stuff.

19 hours ago, Kidsrule said:

Hi, part of being in Snigg is that you would need to be dread/apostle capable with the ships on an alt as well as having the ships for current fleets (Machs/Logi/etc).

Do you have the desire and capability to inject your toons with the skills you need and the isk to buy the ships/fittings required?

Also from recent fleets I have been on, how do you feel about entosis/citadel mechanics and the fleets that are run in relation to them?

I'm at the stage in life and career where spending some money on the game I love is something I'm able and happy to do, so ISK for ships and fittings for doctrines to fly on my main is not a problem. I can generate ISK well enough to keep up with PVP losses but since I haven't been pvping hard for a while I haven't needed to. I can and am willing to fly whatever's needed, be it logi, mainline, etc. It would be a more substantial real-life money commitment to inject multiple capital alts and that's something where I'd have to decide whether dread or fax is what would be more useful and just do one, then leave the other to be trained with subscription time.

Because I've been in IVY while laying low and they avoid structure fights and sov battles to maintain neutrality I have to say mechanics like entosis and citadel fights are two of the areas I highlighted where I know I need to play it to learn it better. From what I've seen on r/eve and the forums I can say that structure void bombs forcing all attackers to be reduced to machs or go home doesn't sound like a way to keep the game fun and engaging for players, so seeing them scaled back last year seemed like a good choice to me. I'm keen to have a reason to have a better answer in the future.

You're in a fleet and a few minutes before undock you're told to refit. You cant refit to what is now being called for because you are a mod short and you cant beg/borrow or steal it in time. What do you do?

You are mid move op (when youre capital ready ofc) and youre child (real or hypothetical idc) is on youre lap. They proceed to poop on you during the move op. What do you do?

Different move op, same (real or hypothetical) child is able to hit a few buttons and surprise youre in siege. How do you handle this?

What Warhammer 30/40k legion do you most identify with and why?

3 hours ago, greenteo said:

1st what’s your favorite solo or small gang 1 to 10 players ship and fit you would use ?

do you play warhammer total war?

do you play any table top games ?

The first ship I fell in love with was the Rifter, so I always have a lot of love for putting a Wolf right up someone's porthole. I like the Taranis for similar play. That said, I think the more versatile and sensible option would be the Crow. Fast enough to keep up with anything relevant, or to dodge taking an unfavourable engagement, able to select a damage and apply out to overheated point range, fouth mid can take a TP or sebo if you need the range on the T2 point, or scaling back to a 20km point lets you use a TD or damp in that slot instead. Something like this with the last two mids being wildcard and mixed among the 10 of you:

[Crow, BobbyRush's Crow]

Ballistic Control System II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor
Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor I

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Warhammer total war is on my Steam whishlist. I have played Rome Total war and none of the rest of that series. I've played 40 Dawn of War 1 & 2, and 40k Space marine.

I play table top games every month in a pub with about 40 or so like minded people. I'm fond of classics like Catan, ticket to Ride and Carcassone, and I tend to bring my copies of Machi Koro or a Thunderbirds game I supported on Kickstarter and try to drum up some support for those. I don't like 'bluffing' type games like Warewolf or Coup.

2 hours ago, BobbyRush said:

I expected to have to spend some real money buying injectors to get myself an Apostle, which I look at as the same as what I'd spend buying a new game, and that's in many ways what I want from EVE now, a new experience I haven;t had the chance to be involved in before. I can also move some SP I have in stuff just wasted on the other alts so I am quite willing to get that sorted asap.

I wasn't going for "I'm entitled to be with the good players", with what I wrote - I was going for: I'm not currently at a point in my knowledge about everything EVE has to offer to say something like that and I know there's still plenty of things EVE has to offer me. But if in the future I do want to say "I think I'm a great player!" then I want to be able to back it up with the right experiences, and I think I'll get that flying with Snigg

I pay for an unlimited access card at the cinema so I see *a lot* of movies. It's hard to do favourites. I do like movies where I leave thinking "Well that's something I've not seen before!" either in the film making technologies or in the storyline, etc. Standouts that immediately come to mind are The Matrix, Couching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Terminator 2 for techn/film making, or Grosse Point Blank or The Long Kiss Goodnight for interesting writing. Special mention for Thor 3 this year for being much better than the more recent Marvel stuff.

To be fair the minimum really is to have an Apostle character whether it be a main or an alt, looking at your eveboard I would suggest skilling your main  towards an Apostle and then working on your alt into a dread. 

Your main is also missing 3 skills that I would strongly suggest getting, namely Advanced Infomorph Psychology, Neurotoxin Control and Neurotoxin Recovery.   In this day and age being able to JC  to various locations around Eve is something your expected to be able to do and also having different clone sets whether they be slave set or for roaming for where ever we are staged from.  The other 2 skills are fairly self explanatory.

Your alt has some of the skills needed for a dread but the ones missing are to many although alot are already injected but just need re-training/injecting. 

I would be happy to help you sort a skill plan out if you are successful in your application.

Do you have any capital ship experience?  If so what?

As long as you are eager to listen and learn then I am sure you will fit in fine going on what others have posted in this thread about you.

I do like your film selections and its meant to be a awkward question as there are too many films really to fit in to a top 5. 

I do agree you do have skills for a thany - 1 or 2 on your main but I do agree having a apostle is a must now a days I would suggest that training for one right away and as stated as above drugs (when out number every little edge helps) and jc are vary important allows you to be vary mobile in a nomad type alliance it helps a lot

other note have you tried kings of war? its what I turn to after Warhammer die.

And if you played Warhammer what was your favorite race etc tomb kings dwarfs elves?

16 hours ago, Fal1en said:

You're in a fleet and a few minutes before undock you're told to refit. You cant refit to what is now being called for because you are a mod short and you cant beg/borrow or steal it in time. What do you do?

You are mid move op (when youre capital ready ofc) and youre child (real or hypothetical idc) is on youre lap. They proceed to poop on you during the move op. What do you do?

Different move op, same (real or hypothetical) child is able to hit a few buttons and surprise youre in siege. How do you handle this?

What Warhammer 30/40k legion do you most identify with and why?

Assuming while begging borrowing and stealing I'd made sure the right people knew I'd be off doctrine: If the mod was something that meant I couldn't reach some critical measure to be useful in the fleet, like speed, agility, engagement range, locking range, etc. then I'd see if there was a different role to fill, like switching to logi. If all else failed, flying an inty burning on-grid warp pings, or watching adjacent systems would be a fallback way to contribute. If the mod was something less critical, I'd try to fill the fitting hole with something that would at least provide some use: an extra scram or web, one more damage mod, a spurious damp or TD, anything that wasn't wasting the opportunity to have a mod in that slot.

As for what to do on a move op, that's not something I can speak with any authority on. Realistically, I'd ask what to do. If the answer came back: "We're not risking an alliance-worth of assets just to protect your sorry ass" then I'd understand that, clench and hope for some good luck not getting spotted until docking or otherwise making safe. Some thoughts I did have, correct or not: if the poop situation can be sorted in less than five mins then cynos will still be up and I'd hope to be able to catch up without too much incident. For waiting out a siege timer or a longer poop problem I'd try to find out if the mids would be bros and stay in place for me to follow later when possible. If even that's not doable then getting my own cynos in place and limping to desto would be my next thought.

I think the Ultramarines are the only one I know? I've no knowledge of Warhammer from the actual wargame, so if I didn't play it on a PC game then I'm not your man.

Edited by BobbyRush

13 hours ago, Joshua Doyle said:

To be fair the minimum really is to have an Apostle character whether it be a main or an alt, looking at your eveboard I would suggest skilling your main  towards an Apostle and then working on your alt into a dread. 

Your main is also missing 3 skills that I would strongly suggest getting, namely Advanced Infomorph Psychology, Neurotoxin Control and Neurotoxin Recovery.   In this day and age being able to JC  to various locations around Eve is something your expected to be able to do and also having different clone sets whether they be slave set or for roaming for where ever we are staged from.  The other 2 skills are fairly self explanatory.

Your alt has some of the skills needed for a dread but the ones missing are to many although alot are already injected but just need re-training/injecting. 

I would be happy to help you sort a skill plan out if you are successful in your application.

Do you have any capital ship experience?  If so what?

As long as you are eager to listen and learn then I am sure you will fit in fine going on what others have posted in this thread about you.

I do like your film selections and its meant to be a awkward question as there are too many films really to fit in to a top 5. 

Thanks for the advice. Help with deciding which skills to prioritise to become the most effective most quickly would certainly be something I'd appreciate, particularly if it came with the reasons why so I can make better choices independently later.

The only real experience I have with capitals is shooting *at* them. Jump mechanics is something I know from blopsing, and I have been involved in engagements against carriers since the fighter changes, but I've only flown one on the test server and never had any experience working as a coordinated unit of caps or similar.

10 hours ago, greenteo said:

I do agree you do have skills for a thany - 1 or 2 on your main but I do agree having a apostle is a must now a days I would suggest that training for one right away and as stated as above drugs (when out number every little edge helps) and jc are vary important allows you to be vary mobile in a nomad type alliance it helps a lot

other note have you tried kings of war? its what I turn to after Warhammer die.

And if you played Warhammer what was your favorite race etc tomb kings dwarfs elves?

The thanny injects were really just because I filled out fighters while on a drone remap. I have no special desire to beeline for that so quite happy to skill towards apostle on my main and a dread on my alt if that's what's best.

This is the first of me hearing about Kings of War. Despite playing a good number of the 40k PC games I've never looked into the larger canon of Warhammer or other wargames. 

5 hours ago, BobbyRush said:

Assuming while begging borrowing and stealing I'd made sure the right people knew I'd be off doctrine: If the mod was something that meant I couldn't reach some critical measure to be useful in the fleet, like speed, agility, engagement range, locking range, etc. then I'd see if there was a different role to fill, like switching to logi. If all else failed, flying an inty burning on-grid warp pings, or watching adjacent systems would be a fallback way to contribute. If the mod was something less critical, I'd try to fill the fitting hole with something that would at least provide some use: an extra scram or web, one more damage mod, a spurious damp or TD, anything that wasn't wasting the opportunity to have a mod in that slot.

As for what to do on a move op, that's not something I can speak with any authority on. Realistically, I'd ask what to do. If the answer came back: "We're not risking an alliance-worth of assets just to protect your sorry ass" then I'd understand that, clench and hope for some good luck not getting spotted until docking or otherwise making safe. Some thoughts I did have, correct or not: if the poop situation can be sorted in less than five mins then cynos will still be up and I'd hope to be able to catch up without too much incident. For waiting out a siege timer or a longer poop problem I'd try to find out if the mids would be bros and stay in place for me to follow later when possible. If even that's not doable then getting my own cynos in place and limping to desto would be my next thought.

I think the Ultramarines are the only one I know? I've no knowledge of Warhammer from the actual wargame, so if I didn't play it on a PC game then I'm not your man.

@Beffah

Hello and welcome to Snigg Recruitment!

Please PM me a set of full API keys for all your accounts and we can get this process started.

Ok, I've been summoned.

Your 40K knowledge is woefully inadequate to be the level you need to be at with this corporation of internet spaceship nerds.  

@BobbyRush you have a homework assignment.  You need to do some research and write me (no, this one time I will not ask for haiku) a few paragraphs on what the best legion is (Alpha Legion) and why they are so amazingly badass and why they don't suck like those Ultramarine toads who use a toilet-bowl lid as their chapter sigil.

@Fal1en this is your fault.

Edited by Beffah

3 hours ago, Beffah said:

Ok, I've been summoned.

Your 40K knowledge is woefully inadequate to be the level you need to be at with this corporation of internet spaceship nerds.  

@BobbyRush you have a homework assignment.  You need to do some research and write me (no, this one time I will not ask for haiku) a few paragraphs on what the best legion is (Alpha Legion) and why they are so amazingly badass and why they don't suck like those Ultramarine toads who use a toilet-bowl lid as their chapter sigil.

A few paragraphs on why he likes his favourite xenos race is a lot more interesting than his favourite legion

No shut up and go away @Bensen1296 I was summoned first.

*angry screeching intensifies*  NO SMURFS ALLOWED.

1 hour ago, Beffah said:

No shut up and go away @Bensen1296 I was summoned first.

*angry screeching intensifies*  NO SMURFS ALLOWED.

Space marines are one of the least interesting factions and the same applies to the edgy space marines <3

On 14/01/2018 at 2:41 PM, Beffah said:

Ok, I've been summoned.

@Beffah I'm certainly no Adeptus Astartes expert, but I'll give that a go:

Since you brought up the sigil, I have to agree that the Hydra is far superior to an inverted omega. Alpha Legion being Chaos Space Marines and having demonstrated self-determination going against the Emperor also shows their superior willpower compared to the Ultramarines.

As experts in infiltration, misdirection and stealth Alpha Legion show their keen intellect surpassing that of more mundane chapters. The Legion's Primarch shows similar cunning and genius with his tactics of fighting such that his enemies only realise they are under attack at the last moment. The Ultramarines must lack the creative vision to appreciate such intricate tactics, as evidenced by Roboute Guilliman declaring the victory at Tesstra Prime to be 'a grand waste of time' since a conventional assault would have been quicker.

The face-off between Guilliman and Alpharius at Eskrador showed the adaptability and determination of the Alpha Legion, living up to it's hydra sigil, by battling on as 'one head was cut' with the defeat of Alpharus by Guilliman's 'another head moves to replace it' when the Alpha Legion was mounting devastating counter-strikes forcing Guilliman to abandon honourable battle and instead launch an orbital bombardment.

Edited by BobbyRush