Sign in to follow this  
Opec

Opec

Part 1

1. Who is vouching you and how do you know them?

Jamal Bulgruuf. I met him back when I was in Dreddit with TAPI in Vale sometime in 2016 when I was still a relatively starry-eyed newbie. I'd frequently camp P3EN-E with bubbles while studying, and every once in a while Jamal and Longcat would camp there and we'd just chill and talk in local and sometimes kill each other.  Since then, I've done a lot of random stuff with Jamal and other PL/DYS0N dudes such as random roams, highsec ganks, FCON gatecamps in Immensea, and lowsec JF bumping for a few days.

2. How old are you and where do you come from?

I'm 21, I was born in and live in Kuwait (GMT +3)

3. Give us an overview of your corp history - be honest!

I'm actually relatively new to the game compared to most other people. I got interested in EVE around the time B-R happened, and spent hours upon hours reading about previous famous wars/shenanigans that happened ingame such as the fall of BoB, Asakai, etc. I never actually got around to playing EVE until the tail end of World War Bee in 2016, where I joined Dreddit when we resided in 5ZXX to kick out the Goonswarm. Shortly after, Goons fled to Saranen and I continued my crusade as a newbie to learn as much about the game as I can. Once TAPI took Vale, I stayed in Dreddit a bit longer. Eventually, when I was around ~8 months old, I decided to leave Dreddit and join Naliao Inc., another corp in TAPI. I left Dreddit because there wasn't much "corp culture" and I felt like just another faceless linemember. My time in DRONV helped me grow a lot and expand pretty rapidly as an EVE player in terms of both assets and game knowledge, and it was just overall a fun environment to be in because people would hang out in comms and play other games with each other. It was a lot more social.

Eventually, Naliao Inc. rebranded as Avalanche. and remained in TAPI, while purging a few members from the old corp. A few months later, we chose to leave TAPI and joined Triumvirate. due to "issues" with TAPI. Our time in Triumvirate was a lot of fun, and to this day the FCON eviction probably remains to be my favorite time in EVE, due to how active the corp was, and the amount of content around. We killed FCON, and then got stuck in a war with Russians. Around this time, people started to get burned out in corp, partly because of the FCON eviction, and partly because fighting Russians for entosis timers is awful. We elected to leave once again, and joined NC., which is where I am today.

4. How many hours a week do you play Eve?

Pretty random. I'd say around 15-20 hours a week of active playtime. Depends mostly on what's going on in my life, but I am active.

5. Do you post on any public forums e.g. Reddit/FHC etc? If so, link them.

Reddit: http://reddit.com/u/opek1987

Part 2

6. How do you make ISK?

I pay for my main account with $ subscriptions. I SP farm my other accounts periodically to pay for the subs. I also have a few methods of making ISK: Ganking haulers in highsec, Mach SB'ing/VNI ratting/Rorqual mining, though I don't really PVE at all nowadays.

7. What do you enjoy doing in EVE?

Little bit of everything. Right now, I'm enjoying semi-AFK highsec ganking with the occasional Provi smallgang/fleet dunks. I also enjoy gatecamping, and the very occasional roaming into nearby areas where we're staged (Provi right now). F1 fleets aren't terrible either for the most parts. Above all, I just enjoy playing the game with other people. Doesn't matter much what I'm doing.

8. Do you have any experience FCing or anchoring?

Not any notable experience, no.

9. List any useful skills you may have - combat probing, tackle ceptors, multiboxing, fits, whatever.

I like to think I'm pretty decent at flying ceptors/dictors, though I sadly do not have a dedicated alt for either, which I've been planning on doing for a while but have never really gotten around to it. I'm also not completely incompetent when it comes to dropping capitals in semi-dangerzone situations or "smallgang" capital drops with carriers etc. Since joining Tri I've also improved a lot when it comes to multiboxing several accounts during large/small scale fleets, though I'm still terrible at multiboxing a carrier + anything else.

10. What do you think of maltecs? If you can't find out what a maltec is, name your favorite anime. (Note: eva is a dWEEB)

I don't know what maltecs are. My favorite anime is The Simpsons.

11. Include your favourite Emma Stone GIF.

U5ibRw6.gif

Part 3

12. Can you fly a FAX and a dread on two different characters? If no, explain why and tell us how long it would take you to solve this.

Yes.

13. List all your characters. Please provide a description along with relevant zkillboard, eveboard and sale thread links. Don't include characters you'd rather keep out of public view - PM these to @Avery Lewis.

Eveboard PW for every character will be "opec"

Edited by Avery Lewis

Confirmed vouch.  Opec is a high-class sand man with a very nice nice bengal kitty and is the second biggest luckerdog noob idiot next to @Avery Lewis

The answer to 10 is disgusting 

also why is your name opec1987 if you’re only 21

Edited by yoyaz

5 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

The answer to 10 is disgusting 

also why is your name opec1987 if you’re only 21

I actually don't remember or have an explanation for that, I made that Reddit account forever ago (Sep 17 2011). I think I made an account called opecsomething and then I immediately forgot the password for it and made a new one called opek with the first 4 letters that came to my head. I'm actually not a big fan of the <name><birthyear> naming cliche and I hate that reddit username.

Do you think it is acceptable to eat cold leftover pizza straight from the fridge without re-heating it ?

2 minutes ago, Viktor Niculescu said:

Do you think it is acceptable to eat cold leftover pizza straight from the fridge without re-heating it ?

No, I heat my pizza for far too long and then let it cool down a bit before I eat it. Tastes better that way. I can see an argument for room-temperature perhaps, but cold from the fridge sounds like it's awful.

1 minute ago, Kilo181 said:

Pineapple on pizza?

Absolutely not. I'm an extremely picky eater though.

this guy seems to be nice, 1+

EDIT:

Jamal wanted me to ask an actual question so here it is;

Jamal is tackled in a black operations spaceship called a Sin 2 jumps away by a bait Vexor Navy Issue and an enemy carrier is on the grid. You only can bring two characters, what do you do and what do you bring to save Jamal from pulling a classic DYS0N feed.

Edited by PanzerJakey

Is it blops or blop?

Are traps gay?

Wendy's, Burger King or  McDonald's and why? 

I can save Jamal with 1 character and at the same time kill the carrier what do I win?

You go on a fleet with your hearing-impaired corp mates. Unfortunately, their relayer can't connect to comms himself (lol) because his ISP is utter garbage, and nobody from the fleet (except for one dude, g*d bless him) wants to relay comms for them because most of people are apparently too busy jerking off or something. Would you help your corp mates in the hour of need?

1 minute ago, Bill Auduin said:

You go on a fleet with your hearing-impaired corp mates. Unfortunately, their relayer can't connect to comms himself (lol) because his ISP is utter garbage, and nobody from the fleet (except for one dude, g*d bless him) wants to relay comms for them because most of people are apparently too busy jerking off or something. Would you help your corp mates in the hour of need?

dont answer this question typing comms is haram, i expect neurological links between fc and linemembers

tell me about ur life 

do u fish

are you a beer guy or a faggot

that said can you taste the difference beteween beers or are you a faggot

why should we accept you, explain why youre not a cum guzzler just tryna get in with some richbois? 

are you a gymboi

also gonna need you to re think your answer on 10 cause the simpsons is hot garbage after 27 seasons of the same recycled stories (12 episode anime at the least, 24 episode max none of those run forever 'nimus like narucunts)

what is the first thing you do after you get out of bed and why is it "make my bed"

what drives you as a human being to give every day your all

last question - favorite ice cream flavor AND / OR favorite side dish 

these are all serious questions and graded

also can you confirm monika is the only girl?

Edited by yoyaz

59 minutes ago, Elohsa Peanut said:

Real girls or anime girls?

real girls

55 minutes ago, PanzerJakey said:

this guy seems to be nice, 1+

EDIT:

Jamal wanted me to ask an actual question so here it is;

Jamal is tackled in a black operations spaceship called a Sin 2 jumps away by a bait Vexor Navy Issue and an enemy carrier is on the grid. You only can bring two characters, what do you do and what do you bring to save Jamal from pulling a classic DYS0N feed.

As lame as it would be, I'd probably bring a Kitsune with a cyno to jam the VNI/Sirens to let him escape. It's cheap, it's a gay tactic, and it's effective. Kitsune instead of a Blackbird/Rook because the warp speed will hopefully get me there before he dies. Depending on where he's dropped, I'd cyno in an anti-cap dread to kill the carrier. The dread loss would be cheaper than the Sin anyways. If the carrier's name is Fredrick he's probably fucked tho.

48 minutes ago, Impunitus Umbra said:

Is it blops or blop?

Are traps gay?

Wendy's, Burger King or  McDonald's and why? 

1. blop

2. yes

3. Wendy's, because they released a new burger in Kuwait called the pulled beef bbq brisket burger or something and it's actually the best burger I've ever had.

38 minutes ago, Khalathas Wrenwulf said:

How many 3-legged sit-ups can do you with no hands?

I don't know what "3-legged" entails, but probably not many. I'm a frail boi and track is my only strong suit.

26 minutes ago, Bill Auduin said:

Sure, I'm relatively fast at typing anyways.

14 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

tell me about ur life 

I live a pretty normal life, but it's probably not that normal for Westerners. I'm currently a 3rd year student, studying Pharmacy. I have a qt pie girlfriend, a cat named Lana, and marble floor tiles in my bedroom which I've been told by several outside sources is weird.

16 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

do u fish

No, my brother does though. I'm scared of the open ocean.

17 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

are you a beer guy or a faggot

Beer is illegal here. I have had alcohol before though, and I'm not a fan of beer because I can't really drink much of it.

17 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

that said can you taste the difference beteween beers or are you a faggot

Probably not. I guess the conclusion is that I'm a faggot.

18 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

why should we accept you, explain why youre not a cum guzzler just tryna get in with some richbois? 

I'm very active in EVE outside of just logging in to f1 in large fleets. There's nothing I like more than dunking nerds and generating tears via sov harassment etc. Some of the people I hang out with most in/out of game are in DYS0N. I also like to think think I get along rather well with all the Hoover boys that I've interacted with in my career.  I'm also obnoxiously active outside of EVE, playing other games or on social platforms like Discord because I just hang out on Discord and shit whenever I'm not ingame/at university/whatever, so I'll be able to contribute to the social aspect of the corp. 

23 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

are you a gymboi

No. I don't lift or go to the gym, I just run by the beach whenever the weather's nice (whenever it's not summer) because I enjoy the view and it helps me not have a heart attack by the age of 30.

25 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

also gonna need you to re think your answer on 10 cause the simpsons is hot garbage after 27 seasons of the same recycled stories (12 episode anime at the least, 24 episode max none of those run forever 'nimus like narucunts)

I don't like/enjoy any anime at all. The Simpsons was great for like, 10 seasons. Then it was moderately decent until season 20 or something. Then that Lady Gaga episode aired and I said fuck it and stopped watching. I hear it's gotten better now but I'm not gonna be the one to verify that.

26 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

what is the first thing you do after you get out of bed and why is it "make my bed"

I don't make my bed. I have a housekeeper that helps around the house, and she cleans my room and shit for me. She's extremely lovely and basically part of the family at this point.

27 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

what drives you as a human being to give every day your all

Honestly? Getting to finish university. I don't wanna half-ass my way through it because you simply can't do that if you want to make it through. My girlfriend is going to finish university the same year I do (hopefully). She's studying medicine and I'm studying Pharmacy, so we seldom have time for activities with each other due to how hectic both majors are. When it's over I'll hopefully be able to spend more time doing things that aren't studying for a quiz every week. I'll at least have less to stress about and more time to spend doing things I actually want to do without feeling guilty about it.

30 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

last question - favorite ice cream flavor AND / OR favorite side dish 

Favorite ice cream flavor is probably just good old classic cookies and cream. My favorite ice cream though, is Malteser's ice cream. My favorite side dish, aside from the obvious french fries answer, is Batata harra (literally "hot potatoes), which originates from Lebanon. It's basically potato cubes, baked or fried, that are then sprinkled with lemon juice and coriander with chili flakes on top.

33 minutes ago, yoyaz said:

also can you confirm monika is the only girl?

I don't know who Monika is, so no.

13 minutes ago, Iedan said:

emma stone or taylor swift?

Emma Stone. Taylor Swift's fandom is mostly obnoxious.

[-10.0] Jamal Bulgruuf-Today at 9:28 AM

@Opec

post pic of lana in thread

or be cursed forever

9ermYJY.png

@Jamal Bulgruuf

2 minutes ago, John A-Clark said:

Is this your maid?

she's my boss

4 minutes ago, Elohsa Peanut said:

I'm bored, tell me a joke

A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”

The moth says “What’s the problem? Where do I begin, man? I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I don’t even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don’t know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there… at night I…I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that’s on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don’t know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the…in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch… I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I… that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only I wasn’t such a coward, then perhaps…perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all…Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I’m a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I’m not feeling good. And so the doctor says, “Moth, man, you’re troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?”

And the moth says, “‘Cause the light was on.”

norm macdonald's delivery of it was great