Part 1

1. Who is vouching you and how do you know them?
Impunitus.  We met a couple years ago when I was a director in SL1DE running the finances and he was running the moons and he would always forget what he spent isk on, and I couldnt do the accounting.  I've disliked him ever since but then a couple months ago found out he's decent at R6 Siege so he's OK now.

2. How old are you and where do you come from?
33, US East coast

3. Give us an overview of your corp history - be honest!
The first time I really played eve more than a few hours was when I joined Brave in 2013.  It was fun and a good intro to the game, I left after about a month joining a smaller corp of some vets that had been in Brave, most of the stuff we did then was blops.  I quit a couple months later as most people in corp stopped playing.  Started again 2 years later with Goons, got on with it a few months but didn't like the culture of goons that much, and quit yet again.  Eve really stuck for me once I joined DRONV (now SL1DE) where after a few months I joined the HR team and then eventually Director.  The culture, active small gang, and people in the corp were a great fit.  I had to take a short break over the summer for work but started playing again in December.

4. How many hours a week do you play Eve?
On an average week I'm actively logged into eve 10-20 hours, unless you consider talking on discord as playing eve in which case it's about 80 hours.

5. Do you post on any public forums e.g. Reddit/FHC etc? If so, link them.
Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/user/nainored/posts/ - please note the highlight of my internet fame which is a post that got upvoted 172k times.  I made myself a trophy.

I also make videos from time to time https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUZ1lscsUpJlYCbLp6GAIOlg

This is one of the better ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIaf9uFavE

Part 2

6. How do you make ISK?
I used to be very much into industry and made a killing with cap mods and t2 production, with a bit of region trading.  Then I realized how much isk/hr my IRL job is and now I buy plex.

7. What do you enjoy doing in EVE?
1) Small gang 2) chillin on discord 3) blops.   I'll F1 when needed but its not something I typically get hyped for.

8. Do you have any experience FCing or anchoring?
Not really for large gangs.  Have done a little "fcing" for smaller gangs but typically the people I play with are self sufficient and we can all handle ourselves.

9. List any useful skills you may have - combat probing, tackle ceptors, multiboxing, fits, whatever.
I very much enjoy flying ceptors, especially in medium sized gangs as it gets you fights and you get to DANGERZONE.  I have experience blops hunting, and a lot of experience right clicking on my capacitor and jumping my blops.

10. What do you think of maltecs? If you can't find out what a maltec is, name your favorite anime. (Note: eva is a dWEEB)
Uh the only thing I know about maltecs is that they suck?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2e6u46/what_is_the_weirdest_doctrine_you_have_seen/cjwpyu4/

I used to watch DBZ when I was younger, I'm not much into anime if I have downtime I'm watching shows like The Office.  A couple years ago I watched SAO and it was good though.

11. Include your favourite Emma Stone GIF.
emma-001.gif

Part 3

12. Can you fly a FAX and a dread on two different characters? If no, explain why and tell us how long it would take you to solve this.
Yes

13. List all your characters. Please provide a description along with relevant zkillboard, eveboard and sale thread links. Don't include characters you'd rather keep out of public view - PM these to @Avery Lewis.

PASSWORD FOR ALL IS "1111"

Naioo - (97 M SP) Subcap/main -
https://zkillboard.com/character/1968935548/
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Naioo

Thor Vitserk - (67 M SP) fax/dread alt, also CynoV hunter
https://zkillboard.com/character/925865398/
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Thor_Vitserk
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/427575/ - Originally bought a few years ago at ~20m SP as a miner but have since extracted mining skills

Infrastructure Hub- Titan (I'm comfortable dropping him but needs a little bit to finish up necessary skills)

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Infrastructure_Hub

No zkill, just got hull a couple weeks ago

2 Market/Production/Hauling toons but have extracted a lot from them since I don't do production anymore:
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nai_Tra
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nai_Traa

Edited by Naioo

29 minutes ago, Proteus Ormande said:

Please send full, non-expiring API’s for ALL your characters to me, @Avery Lewis and @Eva Vesto

Also, are you going to be a giant feeder like your vouch?

1) sent

2) no because i dont fly a JF.  also because i know how to check active wars.

Are all those chars on different accounts? (except the PVE hauler ones who cares about those lmao!) 

Edited by Avery Lewis

5 hours ago, Avery Lewis said:

Are all those chars on different accounts? (except the PVE hauler ones who cares about those lmao!) 

yep! 3 separate accounts

48 minutes ago, Jousake Hiroshi said:

Thin crust or deep dish pizza?

thin crust, but not the ones that are like crackers. the crust still has to have some girth. 

Let’s say it’s Friday night, there’s no fleet fights, no capital ops, or small gang roaming about. How would you finish off your night?

A) shit it up on discord/play other games

B) ping for small gang fleet/solo roam

C) shitpost on reddit

D) find something to do that involves others within the alliance to do?

OH BTW: 

Dont be an avatarless normie on the forums

17 minutes ago, Havoc Ambramotte said:

Let’s say it’s Friday night, there’s no fleet fights, no capital ops, or small gang roaming about. How would you finish off your night?

A) shit it up on discord/play other games

B) ping for small gang fleet/solo roam

C) shitpost on reddit

D) find something to do that involves others within the alliance to do?

B -  in general, fridays (and saturdays) are good eve nights so i'd most likely see if anyone was up for a roam.  i dont solo roam that often other than some infrequent spurts around lowsec in AF's.

As to why not the others:

A) assuming it was a regular day i'd have been shitting up discord all day already, that is probably getting stale by this point.  Playing other games is a strong alternative to B) though.

C) honestly I'm not much of a reddit shitposter, i'm mostly just peruse.  Also I kind of peaked with this shitpost https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4pu3ss/test_has_camped_pl_into_a_pos_with_their_200man/ so there's nowhere to go but down now.

D) I'm not sure how this is different than A/B, unless this is a trick question and I got the answer wrong and now i'm fucked.

16 minutes ago, Havoc Ambramotte said:

OH BTW: 

Dont be an avatarless normie on the forums

fixed.  as you can tell i'm actually a photoshop wizard.

2 hours ago, Impunitus Umbra said:

Thoughts about pineapple on pizza?

something about the mixture of pineapple and cheese just doesn’t feel right. there are too many great pizza toppings to have to have pineapple as one of the options. 

pineapple is however one of my favorite fruits. 

Two questions for you.

1. How do you fit a roaming logi fit (must be over 2k m/s and 5au or better warp speed.) Does not matter if armor or shield reps.

2. Ten jumps away, there is a Nidhoggur gatecamping a lowsec gate at 100km from the gate. He has a scout on the other side of the gate. He is also a coward and tend to run away at sight of danger. Tell me a plan how you would catch the Nidhoggur? (killing it is not required, just catching it)

Why would you make your Logi warp 5 AU/S 

42 minutes ago, PanzerJakey said:

Two questions for you.

1. How do you fit a roaming logi fit (must be over 2k m/s and 5au or better warp speed.) Does not matter if armor or shield reps.

2. Ten jumps away, there is a Nidhoggur gatecamping a lowsec gate at 100km from the gate. He has a scout on the other side of the gate. He is also a coward and tend to run away at sight of danger. Tell me a plan how you would catch the Nidhoggur? (killing it is not required, just catching it)

1)

So, making a logi 5AU hurts a few too many things that I'd want to sacrifice.  But to answer the question, starting with something like this:

[Scimitar, Roam]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
True Sansha Capacitor Power Relay
True Sansha Capacitor Power Relay

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Gistum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Pithum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Flying it with snakes and drugs (its 2.5k m/s even without), to hit 5AU you need two t2 hyperspatials, it would look like this:

[Scimitar, Roam 5AU]

Power Diagnostic System II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Large 'Sheriff' Shield Extender
Gistum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Gistum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

And you lose ~10% remote rep and cap life is cut in half.  If you were dead set on having 5AU/s i'd probably end up trying to bring 2 logi to boost each other. 

ALTERNATIVELY, but this is kind of cheating at the answer - you could just use the first fit and plug in highgrade Ascendancy's and you go 5.35AU/s

2) If he's 100km off I'll assume you mean he's sitting still and not aligned out.  That would be enough time to jump in with a boosher and tackle him, though if he's really that skittish he'd still have time to jump out if he has a cyno lit.  Either way, I think the best chance to catch him: I'd take 2 bifrosts and a HIC, to be less threatening when the scout sees you have only the first bifrost warp to gate, jump, boosh and tackle.  as the first bifrost is booshing, have the 2nd bifrost and hic land on the gate, after jumping through boosh the hic over there for the focused point.  at this point you'd have enough tank on the hic for remainder of the fleet to show up to kill him.

If he's not in a dead-end system and its reasonable to go through the other gate in system where he doesnt have a scout, i'd use a hyperspatial ceptor. if he's in-between a celestial and the gate try to get a 100km warp on him or near him.

13 minutes ago, Avery Lewis said:

Why would you make your Logi warp 5 AU/S 

If this was a question for me- personally I wouldn't make the sacrifices, but in a niche situation I suppose it could be used if you're roaming null ratter space and shotgunning anoms, could be useful?  At most though I'd probably put 1 hyperspatial on which gets you to 4.5AU and still leaves you wiggle room to not gut your ship.

Give me a smallgang muninn fit for null roaming with the upcoming changes. Also do you prefer arty cynabals with or without a web?

5 hours ago, Cotty Vance said:

Give me a smallgang muninn fit for null roaming with the upcoming changes.

Since it's getting a small armor buff i'd want to see what a dual rep one would look like - but its tough without pyfa having the update.

depending on what i was doing and where I was going i might swap in 1 or 2 polycarbon rigs to make it a bit faster, but the march buff is giving it a little velocity anyway.  i'd go with:

[Muninn, Muninn fit]

Assault Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Warp Disruptor II

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

I realize that this is basically just a more-kitey elo muninn with a point, but it's tried and true.  This + some logi would be a nasty gang, especially with the  new 15-second "i win" button.

5 hours ago, Cotty Vance said:

Also do you prefer arty cynabals with or without a web?

i've only ever flown an AC cynabal - which was fun, so hypothetically for an arty - you're going to fit dual LSE's anyway, I'd take the utility of the web, especially being able to use it as a defensive web, over a small bit of extra tank you'd get with the extra mid

Application accepted. Make SSO tokens in services for each of your characters, app to Hoover and PL group, app in game.