1.  Who is your vouch in Collapsed Out?

Riffsajet is my vouch. We’ve flown together on numerous roams out of Kinakka. Lots of Discord convos about competent Eve-ing, startups and venture capital.

I also know British Person Weirdox well. We were corp mates in Cruiser’s Crew, where I was a director and eventually co-CEO. We worked closely together throughout 2017.

I know Murtific as well. Our corps collaborated closely in Placid.

2.  How long have you been playing Eve Online?

Active 2006 – 2010

Active February 2017 – March 2018

Active June 2018 – present

About 6-7 years total.

3.  What do you like to do in Eve Online?

Conquest. Humiliating our enemies and crushing their empires into dust. Torching their crops, planting our flag on their towers, and letting them taste bitter defeat. The thing I enjoy most in Eve is total war. More than winning an individual engagement or skirmish, I play Eve to win in meaningful ways that transform the landscape of New Eden.

I still love blowing other players out of the sky. From visceral low sec small gang skirmishes to epic null sec tidi fests, I revel in the thrill of the hunt and the heat of battle. I originally came to Eve in 2006 from Diablo 2, where I was one of the founding members of Clan PK and eventually the top dueler on the USEast server. I played on ‘Hardcore’ mode because winning only means something if the other side permanently loses something. By that logic, in Eve the most meaningful win is the eradication of enemy supercapital fleets. My favorite ops involve the words “CYNO UP, JUMP JUMP JUMP, SIEGE GREEN MOTHERFUCKERS. PRIMARY THE…”

In truth, what I enjoy most is helping to build organizations that win. People take this game seriously enough, and the player base is mature enough, that you can really simulate a lot of real-world dynamics and organizational complexity. Building a large corp in Eve is like managing a successful company IRL. In particular, I love getting this aspect right. Formulating and articulating a compelling vision and getting people to rally behind it can make a corp feel like a fast growing startup.  The camaraderie of aiming for and achieving ambitious goals and securing unlikely victories against all odds, with a great tight-knit group of players, makes this game really special because Eve is a game where the players write history and become legends. If history is written by the victors, I want to write Eve’s next legend.  

4. Give us a brief biography of your EVE career.

My eve biography is short. I played for a couple years about 10 years ago, going straight to low sec piracy, so never lived in high sec. Quit for 7 years, then came back in March 2017.  Joined CC, helped it grow from 50 members to 250, from 5 online to 40+ online, in a space of 8 months. Architected and financed the long-term vision to transform CC from a small, low-sec pvp corp to a more sophisticated entity with a backbone of industrial and logistical assets, and a cap and supercap fleet holding territory across 3 regions. Went from being a grunt to being deputy CEO of the corp. We dominated Placid then did the same to northern Syndicate and Outer Ring. We invaded Outer Ring, enslaved the locals and built them into an industrial alliance to mass produce dreads for us, making us essentially the dominant force in multiple adjacent regions. Then we did something foolish and dropped a keepstar prematurely, attracting CFC attention and causing us to be kicked from GL (rightfully so, albeit painfully). The campaign rapidly fell apart after that. I paid for the keepstar, so I have responsibility in this. But the experience of orchestrating the evolution of a small corp into a multi-regional powerhouse was glorious and an invaluable learning opportunity.

5.  What are the names of all your characters and how many SP does each one have?

Account 1:

#1) Tamir Mehanna – 92.5mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Tamir_Mehanna -main -subcap -FAX -dread -super

#2) Akira DS - 2.4mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Akira_DS -Cyno alt

#3) erectiledsifucntion - 1.2mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/erectiledsifucntion -Cyno alt

Account 2:

#1) Kelbi – 62.2mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Kelbi -dread -titan

#2) X Moros – 68.5mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/X_Moros -dread -titan

#3) Megna Eto - 10.3mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/megna_eto

Account 3:

#1) Bayaz Altol - 32.4mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Bayaz_Altol -super

#2) Tamer Mehanna -New untrained/uninjected toon

#3) Vinda Cator -New untrained/uninjected toon

Account 4:

#1) Vendetta187 – 84mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/vendetta187 -main -subcap -FAX -dread -Titan

#2) Metastatic Hyperplasia – 71.8mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/metastatic_hyperplasia -JF -super -dread -titan

#3) Crovax Davaham – 3.4mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/crovax_davaham -JF

Account 5:

#1) Tiara Hotspur - 71.6mill sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Tiara_Hotspur -Super

#2) The Key Master - 375.7k sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/The_Key_Master -Cool name for dummy toon

#3) Goldie Lokz - 375.7k sp http://eveboard.com/pilot/Goldie_Lokz -New untrained/uninjected toon

6. Post three kills that you are most pleased with and tell us why you like them.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64669464/

Just a small Gallente control tower—seems insignificant. But it marked the first step of transforming a low sec pvp startup into a more sophisticated entity with higher order objectives. After this kill, we embarked on a ‘scorched earth’ campaign of Placid’s most valuable moons, razing all neut structures and seizing nearly 80 in total in a 2 week blitz.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64799999/

Another critical milestone—the corp’s first dreadball. I financed the ships. This marked an escalation of the corp’s combat capability from purely subcap to a new focus on capital warfare that would become the new norm for CC. Transitioning to a capital orientation set us sharply apart from other local entities and ignited the early propaganda about our local exceptionalism. Numerous more dreadballs followed.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/67067539/

First time dropping a super in a large-scale low-sec engagement.

7.  Can you fly a FAX machine?

Yes. Tamir Mehanna and Vendetta187 can both fly apostles using t2 triage.

8. Do you own a supercapital/titan?

Yes, numerous:

-Vanquisher

-Vendetta

-2 x bus

-3 x nyx

-1 x hel

Angling for a Molok soon and probably going to get 1-2 more buses.

9. What do you think you are good at and what would you like to improve at in Eve?

I’m a quick study. I pick competent pilots to fly with and I learn as much as I can so I constantly improve. I’m sure I have a long way to go to be among the best but surrounding myself with the right community means I’ll waste no time getting there. I make sure that when I undock a ship, it is properly and fully fitted. I listen carefully to my FC and am detail oriented, so I rarely make mistakes, and if I do I make sure not to repeat them. I do not feed. I’m also a pretty decent super pilot. I have a good amount of experience with flying supers and have a lot of them, but I have never done so with a well organized group and look forward to improving my skills.

I’m skilled at administration. Corps are populated with diverse personality types and someone needs to make sure they all get along so the CEO’s orders are executed and the broader corp vision is advanced. I’m good at getting people to work together. It takes patience and diplomacy. A lot of my time spent in Eve has been spent on TS3 or Discord or the phone, just aligning people and getting them on the same page. It is amazing how much organizational inertia can be overcome by simply ensuring proper communication across a group of people.

Most of all, I think what I’m best it is keeping my mouth shut and getting stuff done. I do not pigeon-hole myself. If the corp needs a JF pilot, I step up. If the corp needs people in fleet, I ship up. If the corp needs isk, I donate. If we’re deployed and we need our forward operating base supplied with fuel and doctrines, I either do it or organize the people to do it. I don’t need any return favors, I just need my team to win no matter what. One area I want to improve in is in my understanding of the political landscape of New Eden. For example, I would like to better understand what keeps PL from leading the rest of Eve in wiping out Goons. I’ve gotten a taste of empire building on a very junior level through CC’s campaign in Placid-Syndicate-Outer Ring, however I made mistakes and learned from them, and am now eager to apply myself again. Despite CC being kicked from GL by Fafer as a result of the keepstar affair, Fafer felt I was useful enough to recruit and invited me to join his team to help run the drone regions. Of course his plans fell apart before that could happen. I want to join the right team this time, and that is why I’m applying to CYNOU.

10. What is your main way of making isk?

I’m a market-maker. I have a talent for trading.  I’ve also seeded several null sec markets and funded a number of industrial groups, from whom I collect royalties in perpetuity. I speculate on patch changes, and I manipulate purple/blue item markets.

11. How did you hear about, and why do you want to join Collapsed Out?

I seek epic good times. I first learned of the corp through Riff, and then learned more about it from both Riff and British.  Superficially, I am eager to join a community where I can make more use of my numerous supers and titans. More importantly, however, I’m somebody who is serious about pushing himself to improve. I waste very little time IRL on trivial things. My time in Eve is no different—I want to fly supers and titans with pilots who actually know what they’re doing. I’m tired of mediocre leaders. I may not yet be one of the best, but I can hold my own and I possess the will and tenacity to become one of the best. It’s not going to happen if I hang out with incompetent folks with low standards.  As the saying goes…hang out with four broke folks and you’ll be the fifth.

12.  On average, how many hours per week do you think you play?

Quite a bit. I’m home often so I’m always near my computer.

13.  Tell us a bit about your real self.

I’m a 34 y/o internet entrepreneur from Boston. I’m passionate about startups, history, and strategy, and I enjoy romantic walks on the beach but only after sunset. Who wants to hold my hand?

I have an inordinately active mind. Since I was 7, I’ve read 500 pages a day. Aced the SATs when I was 13, earned a doctorate in 6 years, and attended the best business school in the world. I worked 150 hours a week for years building a startup and now I live a semi-retired lifestyle playing Eve.

I’m ethnically Egyptian but no I do not live in a pyramid and I do not have a pet sphynx.

14. Post your favorite Taylor Swift gif and explain why it speaks to you.

20161207-haylor.gif

Caption: It’s what you don’t know that you don’t know that gets ya in the end...

15.  There’s a ping that goes out for a fleet forming and at the same time a ping from Jeffraider goes out for his movie night. What do you do?

Jeffwho?

16.  How many WHs is it worth taking to get a slightly possible capkill/fight?

Depends on how stoked your fleet would be at the end of the mission.

17. Using this picture, create 3 amusing/funny/deep or ‘just surprise us’ versions. We will judge you on the font and phrase that you use.

1932837635_TSwiftGift2.thumb.jpg.2a3eb416e5826847bea9efd0d6896cdb.jpg

508378887_TSwiftGift3.thumb.jpg.a247415835dff7959ebc974298788b37.jpg

1751417963_TSwiftGift1.thumb.jpg.b0e435c50a9229e8281097a74a5fd845.jpg

18.  Pick a song that describes you and link it to us. You can explain it or not if you feel it speaks for itself.

Everything burns.

Edited by Tamir Mehanna

honestly I first thought 'oh hell...another riffs vouch' but I really don't have any questions here...Everything looks pretty good. ++ from me.

21 minutes ago, Tamir Mehanna said:

Probably https://zkillboard.com/kill/63820084/ ....but with some dope abyssal mods. I've got a midas touch for getting good rolls. 

Prove it, go roll 5 webs with any mutagens and any webs, and post them in order. no cheating. No redos. 

6 minutes ago, Unthrown Brick said:

honestly I first thought 'oh hell...another riffs vouch' but I really don't have any questions here...Everything looks pretty good. ++ from me.

And this from a riffs vouch 😉 

Really solid app. Really really solid app.

You mention the campaign to take over a region, were you involved in any form of FCing?
What was the extent of your role in participating in that campaign more concretely? (To expand on this question, it doesn't seem like your killboards are very active, so I'm wondering exactly what or how you partook in the campaign you describe.)
In hindsight, how differently do you think you would have done the whole Keepstar thing?

And the only question that actually matters : pineapple on pizza, yes or no?

Edited by Chester Paterson

Questions are underlined 

So I was just gonna meme, but i'll be serious for a sec. Riffs is a good man and I trust his vouch. That being said.... I don't know you personally but have not heard good things. You were in CCINK, which is fine, we all make mistakes in our careers, however, you bank rolled cercis, buying him multiple supers and titans (according to what I've heard) which begs the question of your judgement. What was your reasoning for bank rolling his corp? (just curious here). It also looks like most of your eve career was in lowsec, why are you interested in joining a group that, for the last few years anyway, has lived mostly in null sec? Separately from that question, why do you want to join PL, and this corp specifically? 

Edited by daagin

One of the things we value in this corp is "every man step up" Wether it be helping FCs, working logisitics, etc. What would you bring to the corp that goest beyond F1 Monkey?

It looks like you haven't been in any one group for more then a year, save Odium for under 2 back in 2007. What are you looking for that will keep you in a corp for more then 307d?

@daagin

Heya Daagin, nice to see ya again. I'll try to give serious answers to your questions. Here goes:

1) Bank rolling CCINK: There are two main reasons. Firstly, I genuinely like Cers--despite his remarkable capacity for generating negative PR for himself (something which causes me great chagrin), he was a genuinely good friend to me and not only that, he let me spread my wings in the corp from a leadership side. Which leads to the second point--my investment in CCINK was like venture capital. I wanted to see if I could transform the corp. The project ended up taking on a life of it's own and people get really excited and involved, so i poured more gasoline on the fire. Eventually it burned out, but it was a hell of a ride in 2017.

I don't think it was poor judgment, even though I full acknowledge we made mistakes. I run a startup IRL, so it was a lot like that. You roll the dice for the chance to build something special. 

2) Why am I interested in joining a group that has lived mostly in Null:  The CCINK experience was practice. My answer to Question#3 above may seem idealistic to bitter vets but it is a very price explanation of why I enjoy Eve. The reality is that I outclassed CCINK as a leader. I probably outclass most low sec entities in that regard. 

3) Why join PL and why this corp specifically:  Why join PL? Because it is the most likely place I can find folks as committed to winning as I am. Why CYNOU specifically? Because I heard they're the best of PL, so what I just said doubly applies here. Doom runs a tight ship and I think I can learn a lot from him and other corpies. Why any of this? To destroy Goons. Why destroy goons? Because they're a big target and it would be fun and little goals are boring. 

do you plan on having a strictly dedicate dread/apostle you have 8 super/titan toons and from what it seems no dedicate apostles for them also how do you plan on moving that many capitals with only 2 cyno toons do you plan on getting anymore?

@Chester Paterson Hi Chester, great questions. Here goes:

Let's get the key question out of the way first, fuck pineapples on pizza. 

Onto matters of secondary importance:

1) Campaign to take over the region--did I FC?   No, I am very much NOT an FC. If "1 = everything needed to make a corp run efficiently", I'm like "1 - FC". Which leads to the next question...

2) What was the extent of my role in participating in the campaign, more concretely?   Everything other than FCing. Strategic planning and vision for the corp. Recruitment. Diplo.  Human resources and conflict resolution. Foreign policy. Internal corporate development. Financing and procurement. Propaganda. Logistics. Managing our slaves. SRP.  Those are the general categories.

More concretely: When HK started camping Cobalt Edge, CC moved back to low sec, settling in Osti.  I financed our home fortizar and there were some structures annoying us so I bought dreads so we could take them out. People enjoyed the dreads, and there were more structures annoying us, so I bought more dreads and we killed more structures. I saw people's morale lifting and a new sense of awareness surfacing, so I propagandized it by saying this is our territory and we should stomp shit here. So we did so. This led to us stomping most of Placid and putting Osti on the map again with a local count of 40+ at any given time. I also financed all of the moon mining materials, organized our corp wallet, and set up and funded an SRP program. This got even more people willing to participate. When the moon mining patch hit, we had 80 useless moons but we also had an imperial mentality.

Working with the industrial team I recruited, I identified a pocket in OR that we could set up shop in. We set up a highway through Syndicate. I financed the fortizars lining this highway, the doctrines we used to defend it, and the 200 billion or so industrial park we built in OR, which included a sotiyo, tataras, and lots and lots of other stuff. 

When we entered OR, there were lots of carebear locals there. I negotiated terms of surrender with them, then created an industrial alliance and corralled them into it (Dynacore Industrial Group). i was the head of the alliance but delegated day to day operating responsibilities to other people. I think it ended up hitting 250-300 people, or more maybe. 

Keep in mind, with all the change occurring in the corp, there was CONSTANT conflict as people needed to learn to work together and rely on each other and align on how to get things done. Building out an industrial arm as a low sec pvp corp meant understanding how to provide security, and getting the indy folks to understand the limits of what security could be provided, etc. I spent a great deal of time ironing out misunderstandings and aligning people.

At the same time, i kept communication open with Fafer to avoid letting him feel slighted, since we were in the odd situation of being in GL and yet being completely across the map from them. 

There is a lot more to it but let me know if this wall of text isn't enough 

3) How differently would I have done the keepstar thing?  The original plan with the keepstar was to wait for PL/NC. to return from their deployment in the south so they could help us anchor it, and for Fafer to incorporate it into the NETC network and negotiate agreements with Goons to not attack it. I was pressured to anchor it early, and I regret doing so. If I could have done things my way, I would have followed the original agreed upon plan. 

The experience of frantically reaching out to anybody who is anybody in Eve to organize a defense force for the last timer was instructive. In truth, getting the keepstar anchored would only have been the first hurdle, but not the biggest. The real issue was the proximity to CFC and the ease with which they could return, week after week, to RF and destroy it even after it anchored. Treaties are key to keeping keepstars up, unless you're building it in your own backyard. Our keepstar had no hope of surviving even if it anchored.

Edited by Tamir Mehanna

1 hour ago, Doomchinchilla said:

Prove it, go roll 5 webs with any mutagens and any webs, and post them in order. no cheating. No redos. 

You're on, I'll post results tonight heh.

To go further into the question, since you seem to be really interested in dabbling in corp management affairs and adminstrative roles, if Doom were to come to take a break and pass the torch down to someone to manage the corp and keep the corp alive and thriving, what would your vision be for CYNOU? Where would you take the corp? What values would you want to carry?

Edited by Chester Paterson

36 minutes ago, Orion Kerensky said:

One of the things we value in this corp is "every man step up" Wether it be helping FCs, working logisitics, etc. What would you bring to the corp that goest beyond F1 Monkey?

It looks like you haven't been in any one group for more then a year, save Odium for under 2 back in 2007. What are you looking for that will keep you in a corp for more then 307d?

I'd refer you to this part of my app: 

2 hours ago, Tamir Mehanna said:

Most of all, I think what I’m best it is keeping my mouth shut and getting stuff done. I do not pigeon-hole myself. If the corp needs a JF pilot, I step up. If the corp needs people in fleet, I ship up. If the corp needs isk, I donate. If we’re deployed and we need our forward operating base supplied with fuel and doctrines, I either do it or organize the people to do it. I don’t need any return favors, I just need my team to win no matter what.

If you speak to anybody who was involved with CCINK, I think they will verify to you that I personified that "every man step up" value. One thing as well--our form up times were terrible to the point that I set up an on-demand Jita highway. When we wanted to fly a large fleet I'd say "send me the shopping list", then would on-the-spot light my cynos, take my JF to jita, buy the entire loadout and ship it back, even if it required multiple JF runs. I also bought and used my titans initially to set up bridge networks and was always ready at a moment' notice to jump fleets around. The list goes on. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure my team wins.

I've been in CC since early March last year. That was about 2-3 weeks after I returned from my 7-year hiatus. I'm still with them. But joining PL is different. There is a difference between making a million lateral corp moves. PL is me trading up. Since I don't see where I can trade up from PL, you will be stuck with me forever if you accept me in.

25 minutes ago, Chester Paterson said:

To go further into the question, since you seem to be really interested in dabbling in corp management affairs and adminstrative roles, if Doom were to come to take a break and pass the torch down to someone to manage the corp and keep the corp alive and thriving, what would your vision be for CYNOU? Where would you take the corp? What values would you want to carry?

Assuming the corp survived Doom stepping down? Not brownnosing here, but a corp's DNA is tied to its CEO. Plus, Doom being the FC he is is something I could never replicate. My skills are in complementary areas. What I do understand is strategy, and I get people and how to make them work together outside of a pvp context.

Assuming it fell to me though, I will say I have experience managing organizations through crisis/transition. Key thing is to identify who would be able to fill Doom's shoes as FC, and to establish a compelling vision and  identify low-hanging fruit quick wins to get people's beaks wet with it. Momentum is everything. You need people to feel like any change is progress, like opportunity is everywhere, and that the corp is constantly moving forward. Then you gotta make asymmetric moves as a leader to build on those quick wins and get people excited about taking it more seriously. An example of an asymmetric move is blitzing Placid moons and taking 80 in 2 weeks. Another example is going from dominating 1 region to deciding we're going to dominate 3 regions.  Momentum is everything.

The vision I would pitch is that we are the only ones capable of rallying New Eden to eradicate goons. The longer we wait, the bigger they grow, because time is on their side, and we're sitting around doing nothing while they're getting stronger. I would build a coalition of all against Goons/CFC and CYNOU would be the tip of the spear.  I'd spin a propaganda stream positioning PL as the Spartans and Goons/CFC as the Persians. People want a good narrative and right now Goons has one, we have none. Historical accuracy be-damned.

I would do everything I could to start the next major war, and to make sure PL runs it with CYNOU taking a leadership role. 

Edited by Tamir Mehanna

Ok so I’ll broach the subject not having read some of the other questions which I’ll get back to but you say you have super cap experience, can you expand on that? Also I think dj touched on it but you’re quite light on cyno alts, dictor alts and stuff like that. Would you be willing and open to learning? Even I admit I don’t know everything. 

Also dont listen to the rest of them, flattery always works.

51 minutes ago, DJ Aldard said:

do you plan on having a strictly dedicate dread/apostle you have 8 super/titan toons and from what it seems no dedicate apostles for them also how do you plan on moving that many capitals with only 2 cyno toons do you plan on getting anymore?

Injecting new apostle alts aint no thang baby. Doable. Reason I haven't yet is because I've barely been getting any mileage out of my supers lately. If I did then some of these efficiencies would already be resolved. I have  a feeling CYNOU can help me with that problem.

A cyno toon = 1 injector, so that's Gucci too.

I came in to this ready to -1 but after reading your app, talking to riff, and reading the responses and how you interface with the corp, ill +1.

1 hour ago, Tamir Mehanna said:

Injecting new apostle alts aint no thang baby. Doable. Reason I haven't yet is because I've barely been getting any mileage out of my supers lately. If I did then some of these efficiencies would already be resolved. I have  a feeling CYNOU can help me with that problem.

A cyno toon = 1 injector, so that's Gucci too.

thats good to hear

2 hours ago, Doomchinchilla said:

Ok so I’ll broach the subject not having read some of the other questions which I’ll get back to but you say you have super cap experience, can you expand on that? Also I think dj touched on it but you’re quite light on cyno alts, dictor alts and stuff like that. Would you be willing and open to learning? Even I admit I don’t know everything. 

Also dont listen to the rest of them, flattery always works.

I deployed my supers with DCU fighting Russians and TRI, then again in Northeast with GOTG vs. Goons in Keepstar defense. Also dropped them in low sec several times. Initially underwent formal supercap training from Fafer while with DCU, so I am decent at fitting, refitting in space, controlling fighters, etc. Also gained a lot of experience on my own in moving supers around in low sec without detection. Haven't lost one yet. I wouldn't call myself an expert in using them for combat. I just know how to use them and how not to use them. I've had the Vanquisher and Vendetta for nearly a year and have moved them from Cobalt Edge to low sec to Deklein and back again. I do not take chances to lose them stupidly.  Most of my knowledge is self-taught though--I would definitely feel better learning from seasoned folks.

Also worth pointing out re: toons: I have more cyno alts among the toons listed. 3 more, to be exact.  My dictor experience is limited. I'm very interested in learning more. 

Edited by Tamir Mehanna