The Application Form

1. List your sponsor(s) within Sniggerdly if you have any (make sure that they post in the thread to confirm).

Raviolia (TM graduation)

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

Around the DC/Baltimore area in Maryland, USA. English only.

4. Which time zone sees the most of your playing time (US/EU/AUS)?

USTZ east coast, though I stay up late into west coast a couple times a week and I’ll hit EUTZ when I can work from home or whatever

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

When I’m home I’d guess 28/week currently. I have times when I have to travel for work, sometimes for a full week, which will drop me to near zero for that week.

6. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to keep secret‚ PM the relevant infо to your recruіter when аѕked to provide API.

Password for all is “phage”
Diehard Si: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Diehard_Si (current main, 240m SP, all PvP)
Jay Leno’s Chin: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Jay_Leno's_Chin (recently purchased Titan alt w/ Erebus)
Raldric Del’Tirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Raldric_Del'Tirith (Dread alt, Revelation Mastery V)
Lusitia Del’Tirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Lusitia_Del'Tirith (FAX alt, Apostle Master V)
Quinn DelTirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Quinn_DelTirith (JF alt, PI, Industry, random shit)
Serkin: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Serkin (BLOPS hunter and eyes - prospect)
Janitor McJanitorface: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Janitor_McJanitorFace (meme alt, cleans up space for the betterment of mankind)
Dunky McDunkFace: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Dunky_McDunkFace (T2 catalyst high sec ganking alt)
Maestro Del’Tirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Maestro_Del'Tirith (Jita alt, all trade V)
Maldric Del’TIrith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Maldric_Del'TIrith (cyno alt, partly trained to research alt)
Carridin Del’Tirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Carridin_Del'Tirith (cyno alt, partly trained)
Lordan Del’TIrith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Lordan_Del'TIrith (research alt, not in use atm)
Auric Del’Tirith: https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Auric_Del'Tirith (research alt, not in use atm)

I have one alt I want to avoid posting here as I am doing random high sec missions and crap over time to prep him as a future spai alt.

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight? Be thorough! Write a book!

I played a bit back in 2004/5 when I was in college – I did mining in a cruiser ‘cause most high slots I could train into right? Spent some time doing some “super elite honorable pirating” ransoming people in low sec – I was horrible at it.

Got married and all that gaming time went away while I spent my life just having sex like a newlywed should. Came back to the game in 2007/8/9 when I was living in India for work and did some industry and station trading. Connection was shit but it was playable for PvE. I did some gay blog about being a newbie trading on the EVE forums - making my first 100m from nothing but newbie experience cash – then got into market discussion warrior-ing about how mined ore isn’t free and trust was the real valuable asset and blah blah blah.

A guy named Ambo had built a software called EMMA which provided stats on market trading and helped track profit and loss – the dude maintaining it went away from the game and I convinced him to hand it over to me. I made a few improvements over time and people paid me 100m per “license” to use the software, enforced by a key that only I could generate – this was more profitable than trading. I also joined this outfit called EBank run by this guy named Ricdic that offered small % returns with a website to back up account values. I just did some programming, database and IT work – couple months in this happened: https://www.engadget.com/2009/07/02/new-perspective-on-eve-onlines-latest-bank-embezzlement/. I didn’t make off with any of the isk which was considered a lot back then, in fact I helped dig into the database to figure out how much he had, but that was the end of the whole banking thing.

My company in RL got bought out and I had to return to the US at which point I had a fuck ton of work to do as part of integrating the two companies, so I had no chance to play regularly. Leapfrog to 2012 I came back, bought a PvP char (Ross Sylibus – now sold to some random dude in the forums) and went into nullsec in TRIBE. I ran a segment of the moon mining operations for them down in Period Basis, taking my cut from the POS output and sending alliance leadership their share. In off time I joined joint PvP ops with TEST and home defense roaming through the desolate void that is Period Basis. I bought a Wyvern pilot and Wyvern which I flew in bashing ops with TEST for a bit – also sold since then. There were at the time PL FCs who were leading some of the key ops, from various parts of PL – I liked what I saw and I was bored moving moon minerals around all over the place. I worked out a timeline with TRIBE, hauled my stuff out and ran up to Sendaya and then Kinakka to fly with Waffles.

I flew with waffles for awhile…Lokitoki and onefineday were recruitment folks I dealt with at the time. Wyddershins taught me how to not be a fucktard at flying logi and so I did that a lot in fleets. We were a bit of a motley crew in the later waffle days…I remember Reza giving us shit all the time while Alphastarpilot, Jimmy, Apothne and various others of us generally did stupid shit. I got Ayallah for secret santa and bought him a super that I think is still around somewhere. Got to do a number of Machariel fleets that Mukk was running at the time and was a regular attendee on Friday movie night. They were fun times. However, in the winter I had a horrible life event – serious medical issue. I stopped doing much of anything I was doing with my life to that point and it included EVE and changed my perspective. Started having kids, which seems counterintuitive but there it is. I had to sort out my RL and decide what the hell I cared about in life.

I came back earlier this year in February, tried to rejoin Waffles but learned they were no longer a Sniggerdly feeder and wasn’t sure wtf was going on with them, didn’t recognize much of anybody there, so I took advice I was given and joined Horde for a few weeks. Couldn’t really get into it, only so many times you can run racing to save a tackled ratter in a kitchen sink standing fleet, then I heard about this Total Mayhem thing and that it was “like what Waffles used to be” and that was pretty much all I needed to hear to get interested. When I joined there were only like 3 of us active. The dude acting as dir for USTZ left a few weeks in and Raviolia stuck me in the director spot without asking – good thing since I would have told the fucker no, but since it was done I figured I had to go be useful or some shit. I’m proud of what we’ve built over the last months and I think TM has a super bright future ahead with the new guys we’ve setup there. I’ll let our KB, membership and the awesome dudes we’ve brought together over the months I’ve been there speak for itself.

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

Raviolia got sick of putting up with me and told me it’s time to graduate. What I liked: shitting on goons in their home. What I didn’t like: Raviolia is a meanie

9. Are you a shit disturber? Have you caused drama or headache to those around you? Be honest.

Not really – TBH I think I’m pretty low key, but I can put on a decent rage ping

10. Why are you trying to join Sniggerdly over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within Pаndemic Legion?

There are other corporations in Pandemic Legion? I’ve loved flying with every dude I’ve ever met there…also fuck, I’ve been trying to join since 2013 or some shit, time to get that shit done already. Also, I can’t draw.

11. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

I’m the kinda guy that will pick up extra roles or tasks as needed to get shit done. I’ve picked up doing JF runs because we were low on folks for that, FCing fleets, recruiting, organizing shit as needed. For BLOPS fleets I always run a hunter alt as well and can bridge. I see shit that needs done and I go get it together. I get active and encourage others to, I help generate content. I also don’t need or want to be center of attention – I’m fine hanging back and being useful without bullshit.

12. Got any tears (griefing logs‚ instances оf scams, etc) to share?

This thing happened: https://zkillboard.com/kill/71629259/

Then some random dude said this, maybe an alt:

image.png.8a17c42c3e7087b2b7626dd279c2389c.png

So I took him up a bit on his advice awhile later, and did this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/72401621/

Got this email from a dude with an awesome name:

LOL!
Sent: 2018.09.14 00:39
To: Dunky McDunkFace,  

FUCKIN COWARD.. thats the best u can do,.. take down a defensless barge,, fkin loser...

Some more ganking got me this

image.png.e5bd803e52903cdc608cc1affa9f1271.png

Apparently it means something about my balls...?

13. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

I’ve made legendary a couple times in Hearthstone – cause card games are for cool kids. Otherwise mostly single player stuff – I’m a sucker for a good RPG. I do a lot of strategy, building and RTS style games.

14. Do you poѕt on Eve-related websites (Reddit‚ FHC, Zulu, EN24/TMC cоmments sectіons)? If so, link your profile/post history.

Not really – I’ve probably commented a couple times on like Reddit or whatever. There was a time where I was a super-nerd eve forum warrior but not in years.

Confirming Vouch, Diehard will be a great addition to Snigg.

Nice app, good luck, some questions:

1. What do you want to achieve in EVE in the next year? Any particular things you want to acquire, things you want to do?
  2. How do you make ISK/support yourself, PL expects quite a lot in terms of your personal finances, will you be able to keep up?

4 minutes ago, Prometheus Satyen said:

Nice app, good luck, some questions:

1. What do you want to achieve in EVE in the next year? Any particular things you want to acquire, things you want to do?
  2. How do you make ISK/support yourself, PL expects quite a lot in terms of your personal finances, will you be able to keep up?

1. I want to join Snigg and learn more about the high end of the game. Probably acquire a set of titan alts for dunking things - been laying out a plan for 5-10, but waiting to learn more about what is needed where before I commit. I want to bait some big things into some successful traps, I want to steal an unanchoring citadel for the lols, I want to see goons get their faces pounded in preferably in a variety of ways. I've got a lot on my list.

2. Currently sitting at 500b or so in assets with 150b liquid. I can make isk trading/market manipulation, selling apps or a variety of other ways I've learned over the years - but to be honest I don't expect I need to. I fully funded our AT run including the 50b flagship and would again. I am extremely well funded IRL.

Good App.  I think we were in Waffles around the same time, your name is familiar to me but I'm having a hard time placing it.  

+1 from me

43 minutes ago, Uther Moldune said:

Good App.  I think we were in Waffles around the same time, your name is familiar to me but I'm having a hard time placing it.  

+1 from me

Yep I recall you - we flew with Katalci and Newtronomonics and Ethikos and Syss7 and Demotress and Rhybnar and Arc-Lucem-Ferr and Threenil and BlinkyThing etc back then.

Found this one, me being Ross Sylibus: https://zkillboard.com/kill/41733412/

Looks like you were running in a Scythe but got on it with drones.

Edited by Diehard Si

Yep, those were good times.  I don't see Ross Sylibus on your character list, what happened to that character?

I sold him to a random on the forums - he seems to be in newb corp logging in every so often, I would guess relegated to SP farm now. I’ve considered sending him a mail to try to buy back TBH...i learned selling a main is stupid.

Question: some guy you've never heard of without an FC tag pings for an athanor reinforce. What do you do? 

53 minutes ago, Prometheus Satyen said:

Are you circumcised?

Yes - it helps to keep that shit clean.

Edited by Diehard Si

42 minutes ago, Hedliner said:

Question: some guy you've never heard of without an FC tag pings for an athanor reinforce. What do you do? 

I hop onto comms, ask what ship/fit and go help shoot the space organ.

image.thumb.png.4eb90853eb8225983f12ffe8ea1e63b4.pngimage.thumb.png.c4d202b21957f3c9616dfcf50d285948.png

Great, so what can you do to help this guy besides +1 dps? 

15 minutes ago, Hedliner said:

Great, so what can you do to help this guy besides +1 dps? 

I would ask what this guy needs on comms and offer help to get it done. I could burn eyes to the location, scout the fleet through if we are moving via gates, burn a cyno if needed for bridging. If he was going to share the specific structure information I would check the KB of the corp and alliance and see if they are active and where, move eyes to their staging to see if a response forms. I would log in my fax alt for standby in case it is needed.  I don't know this person so I wouldn't assume I know how they want to go about it, I'd ask what they want/need and offer what I have to help.

You said it is an initial reinforce not a timer so I would expect to not see anything specifically prepared for us when scouting, the primary focus would be to see if existing active fleets may start heading that way to respond or if standing fleets form something, so keeping an eye on whatever looks active from the KB would be key. Hopefully it would be a group I have flown against before, in which case I flag known cyno alts and hot droppers with notes so I would keep an eye out for those and speak up if I see something concerning. I would look at the KB for drops with capitals and keep an eye on related characters and associated tacklers from those engagements.

Any specific east coast region? College football fan?

I’m near DC but moved from Philly area last year, but grew up to parents from Kentucky. So I’m an Eagles fan stuck watching the Ravens and Redskins with a passing interest in the UK Wildcats for college basketball. I grew up near Penn State so watched them as a kid but the whole diddling of children thing turned me off.

Outside of Internet spaceships what do you like to do? 

If you were to cook a meal for Hedliner what would you cook and why?

Where is your favourite place in the world to get away to?

I remember this dude's name from somewhere. That either means he did something terrible or he's not bad.

I think it's probably the latter.

5 minutes ago, Joshua Doyle said:

Outside of Internet spaceships what do you like to do? 

I'm an astronomy nerd - I have one of these:

91040-xlt_cge_pro_925_hd_1_1.jpg

On one of these

image.jpeg.e21e076c76cfe65044d1f0a318af1922.jpeg

Along with a ton of other associated gear. I also read nerdy books...Alastair Reynolds is my favorite.

11 minutes ago, Joshua Doyle said:

If you were to cook a meal for Hedliner what would you cook and why?

Where is your favourite place in the world to get away to?

I suck at cooking anything not on the grill, so I'd make steaks. My favorite is there's a local butcher who cuts them to size for you on request - I sear both sides and then warm the center a bit because I'm not a savage. I'd butter up some ears of corn, wrap them in foil, grill them as well, and spice them with some shit I found in Maryland that adds a bit of chili taste to it. It's delicious, filling, and I'm not shit at making it.

Fav place is Napa Valley in CA. I like my wine and the whole area is so opposite from what I do on a regular day it's worth the trip.

8 hours ago, Diehard Si said:

I also read nerdy books...Alastair Reynolds is my favorite.

Can't fault you on taste here, Reynolds is great. Given the loose nature of his book series, what is your preferred reading order for the Revelation Space universe?

8 hours ago, Vladimir's Revenge said:

Can't fault you on taste here, Reynolds is great. Given the loose nature of his book series, what is your preferred reading order for the Revelation Space universe?

I may be a bit against the grain here, but while I read the trilogy first to be honest I don't know that I would read it again and I don't think I would recommend it as a first entry to his writing to someone. I find his writing has increased in quality over the years and so I'd come back to the trilogy after hitting some of the later books. It is probably an uncommon choice but in my opinion the best to start with would be Pushing Ice. It starts closer to home in terms of time and space you can understand, it is a self contained story that has some incredibly deep themes and really cool events as well as emotional play in the point where they realize they are past the point of no return. It also gave me flashbacks when that interstellar sausage shaped object was discovered in the last year, hurtling through our solar system and accelerating into deep space.

Now I realize Pushing Ice is not in the Revelation Space universe technically, so coming to those, I would start with the Prefect then I would go back to the beginning of the trilogy and read in order of release.

I think coolest background story in his books goes to House of Suns and it is a quick read.

Nice, Pushing Ice was my introduction to his writing. Been wanting to reread the trilogy for a while as well  :thumbsup: