Ox Fast

Ox Fast Application

19 posts in this topic

Section A – General info:

1. List your sponsor(s) within SAS (make sure that they post in the thread to confirm this)

Matt Emery

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

London. English

4. Which time zone sees the most of your playing time (US/ΕU/AUS)?

EU

5. How many hours do you play eve on average during a week?

30hours on average.

6. Please list all your characters on all your accounts and provide links to skill sheets and killboards. State how long you've had ownership of said characters. If you have characters that you for some reason need to kept secret‚ PM thе relevаnt infо to your recruiter when аsked to provide API.

Ox Fast:

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Ox_Fast - Main - pw asdfg

https://zkillboard.com/character/91417289/

Currently plugging capital holes on my main
Ezpata:

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Ezpata - Dread toon - pw asdfg

https://zkillboard.com/character/93264649/

JD/Valan have full API for my other account which I use to haul for iskies

7. When will you most likely be available for an interview (Εve time)?

19:00 to 22:00 weekdays. Weekends depends but Sunday 17:00 to 22:00 would be a standard

8. Link a recording of your voice.

Section B – The Eve Online ~experience~:

1. What do you enjoy doing the most in Eve and what do you enjoy the least?

Most - PvP
I dislike shooting red crosses and only do it when really needed.

2. Do you have any FC experience? If yes‚ please tell us a little about that and if not‚ why?

A few and few between. Mainly standing fleets, ganks that I’ve set up and when they turn into small fights/skirmishes. I normally prefer to scout, box support chars (dictors/hics) and I find triple boxing and even dual boxing at time requires all my attention let alone FC-ing.

3. Do you havе experience with аny оther speciаlised roles, such as scouting, scanning or leading logistics ships?

Yup. I’ve lived in WHs, so scouting and scanning comes hand in hand. I’ve been logi anchor before but flying logi isn’t something that I enjoy doing too often but once in awhile it is a nice to be logi for the variety.

4. Link the killmail you are the most proud of and explain to us why?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53313094/

Couple of WH hunts/stalking. Noticed people moving out of their chain in pod/hauler through a possible HS connection and decided to set up camp. Easy way would be to wait till they return and get two bubblers to bubble both side of a WH. Problem I find with this is that you never know how quickly they may have backup and playing WH polarisation games is just annoying. Instead, I set up a cloak sabre in their chain (where the inbound WH was out of D-scan of the outbound) and placed it around 100km behind the WH as a drag bubble. Once my own scout sees them returning, then I would ask for backup on TS (always hated having people on backup in these hunts when it is never a guarantee pew). No polarisation game, any backup would then have to burn out a 100km.

I also linked that empty paladin just because when my backup arrived/was coming, people were just confuse why it was 100km off the gate. Nothing like an FC trying to organise people to catch a gank when they hear “paladin landing” for you to just turn around and say “its cool, its been sorted”

5. Link the lossmail that you would say embarrasses you the most and explain to us why?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53434216/

Feeling lazy that day and didnt scout the chain properly, or placed scouts where needed. So just logged in and started to do PI. Kudos to him, no idea how long he had been waiting there.

6. How do you make your ISK in Εve?

Badly. Incursions sometimes and I’ve started hauling/JF-ing, good isk in it, more than I had anticipated.

7. Give us a run down of your eve POD PILOT CAREER. How long you've played‚ in which corps/alliances‚ favouritе fights/incidents, аny relatiоnships (positive or negаtive) of note with persons and/or corps/alliances.

So a little history about myself. I actually played eve originally back in 05-06 and was part of Stain Alliance (good ole kitchensink battleship fleets and the forever war with Curse Alliance)and then flew with Kr0m (introduced to doctrines for the first time!) before they disbanded/hibernated. I recall “pirating” was actually a thing back then. Used to roam around in my solo Raven with (at the time) an expensive and shiny point which would always surprise my targets. I then gave my character away as it was the only way that I would actually give eve a break and focus on my RL exams etc.

I managed to stay away from Eve for a mighty long time, playing other MMOs such as lineage 2 (Open PvP there was nuts!) and other random Korean MMOs. However, the buzz and memories of Eve always stuck with me throughout uni and that is one of the few decisions that I truly regret, “winning eve”. And of course, I came back and bought this character off the bazaar back in 2013 and been slowly plugging away at this second life.

I’ve had an affinity for low sec alliances ranging from gatecamps, to lowsec fights (this was mainly during the time where Snuff were just Snuff Box and Balex were a thing) and for the past year I’ve spent my time living in different WHs (we were evicted a few times….). Had some great fights in the WH, my first proper and only FC-ing where we managed to switch out our smaller shield gang to a larger armor gang to do this: https://zkillboard.com/related/31001928/201602172300/

The WH corp pretty much broke apart with a large core of people going elsewhere and I then ended up in Hax as I wanted to give null a spin. I’ve enjoyed my time with Hax with the mix of large null fights to small roams, unfortunately with my luck, Hax is disbanding. This has been the driving factor to pretty much most of my corp history (barring Mind Games/Suddenly Spaceships)

8. You are solo roaming in an Orthrus and jump into a gate camp with interceptors and an arazu.  Explain what you do to survive, if possible?

Preheat MWD and crash the gate. The arazu will most likely aggro for the scram/web. Once on the otherside, align to a celes and start blapping off any inties that follow.

9. You are in a PL fleet in a Napoc,  a squad of bombers uncloak, bomb the fleet, whilst the PL fleet is engaged with another fleet.  You take 30% armour damage, what do you do?

Nada. Keep F1-ing those primary. If being yellow boxed then broadcast.

10. You have decided to go roaming with your PL bro's and supply all the ships for said roam.  What 10 ships would you fit and supply for your PL brethren?  Show fits and explain why you have supplied said ships?

If I was FC-ing it would go badly anyways.

I’ve always wanted to go on a roam with AB RR-confessors. Cheap and cheerful little things. Also will be nice to troll whoever that whores on a friendly KM cause they shot instead of repped :).

For example:

[Confessor, RR-confessors]

Damage Control II

400mm Steel Plates II

Adaptive Nano Plating II

Adaptive Nano Plating II

Heat Sink II

1MN Afterburner II

Small Capacitor Booster II

Warp Scrambler II

Dual Light Beam Laser II, Gleam S

Coreli A-Type Small Remote Armor Repairer

Coreli A-Type Small Remote Armor Repairer

Small Ancillary Current Router II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

7-8 of those some will be fitted with long points and others with webs,

2 deacons so that initially people will assume all the reps are from the deacons and try to alpha through them.  

11. While languidly chilling in a system 12 light years out of our current staging system in your covert ops, you come across a Wyvern outside the shields of a POS. What do you do now in order to facilitate non-risk, non-effort pvp for your bros in the Legion?

All hands on deck.

Get dotlan up and see how many mids are required, if possible try to set up some cynos but should try to delegate some of those cyno mids to others so that you can:

• -Ping or get others to ping
  • -Start moving the cov op as close to the Wyvern w/o being decloaked to provide warp-ins
  • -Start burning alts in a hic with cyno and dictors to get tackle on the Wyvern.
  • -Start looking at zkill for intel on the corp/alliance. What backup/batphones do they call on, what are their general fleet comps

12. Give examples in eve of when you committed acts of piracy, scamming, spying and/or general griefing?

Not done any scamming. Not done any griefing, on purpose, but ganking people in LS and particpating in HS gank could be considered as griefing I suppose.

Lived in LS a lot so “pirating” has been done.

Never spied. Have been accused of spying (between Mind Games and Disbanding as we speak) but DAWs just had intel on them as the CEO had a shit ton of API from managing their forums before.

13. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance?

Disbanded.

14. What do you see yourself doing in ΕVE a year from now?  What are your EVE goals?

Pewing and ideally not looking for another corp because it has disbanded!

Goals - own and use supers

15. If asked to sing a song for you SAS bro's on your acceptance into Corp, what would it be?

When sober, nothing. When drunk, who the hell knows. R. Kelly - I believe I can fly comes to mind. But would have to be drunk. Sober inhibition level trained to 5.

Section C – Ship set ups:

Please provide fits for four ships of your choosing; one of which having to be suitable for fleet warfare‚ one most be suitable for roaming, onе of which must be а capital ship and the last is up to you. Explain briefly yоur choices of both hulls аnd modules.

Rattlesnake. Great tank, good DPS from both drones and missiles, good range, whats not to like (slow.. Susceptible to bombs…) and more fun than just F1, cause you gotta engage those drones too :)

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake]

Damage Control II

Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

Ballistic Control System II

Ballistic Control System II

Drone Damage Amplifier II

Drone Damage Amplifier II

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

EM Ward Field II

Thermal Dissipation Field II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Cruise Missile

Heavy Energy Neutralizer II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I

Bouncer II x2

Praetor II x2

Warden II x2

Acolyte II x5

Phantasm. Fun little thing. Good to help with anti-tackle in a small gang roam. Scram to deal with any frigs that come in close, easier to drop their speed with along with the web too to blap em off. Gotta love having AB.

[Phantasm, Phantasm]

Damage Control II

Heat Sink II

Heat Sink II

Tracking Enhancer II

Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Gistum C-Type 10MN Afterburner

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster

Stasis Webifier II

Warp Scrambler II

Thukker Large Cap Battery

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

[Empty High slot]

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Aiming to get a nyx one day. Fit for either max tank in a fleet, or with damage for the gank. Linked is damage. Got to have that cyno incase shit hits the fan

[Nyx, Nyx - Gank]

CONCORD 25000mm Steel Plates

CONCORD 25000mm Steel Plates

Corpum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier

10000MN Afterburner II

Sentient Drone Navigation Computer

Capital Cap Battery II

Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script

Cynosural Field Generator I

Capital Energy Neutralizer II

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Fighter Support Unit II

Networked Sensor Array

Capital Trimark Armor Pump II

Tyrfing II x6

Tyrfing II x6

Tyrfing II x6

Cyclops II x6

Cyclops II x6

Einherji II x9

Einherji II x9

Dragonfly II x9

Dragonfly II x9

Siren II x3

Siren II x3

Dromi II x3

Equite II x12

Equite II x12

Refits for tank in the hold, depots, fuel for the cyno, hics/dictors in the fleet hanger for other to use. TBH I need to have more experience with capital warfare. I've only used dreads in PvP before so carriers are something i'd need to learn the mechanics of. I've thrown in bombers and backup bombers with light fighters, air superiority and web/tackle fighters in to the hold depending on the situation.

Thanks for your time. If you've got any follow up questions (which I'm sure you will), I will answer them as best as I can below.

Ox

Jf-ing huh?  And who do you jf for/with can I ask? 

6 minutes ago, sweetnjuicy said:

Jf-ing huh?  And who do you jf for/with can I ask? 

PushX :)

Couple of questions:

• What was your original characters name? You can add that to the PM with the APIs if you'd prefer, please add that API as well as those for any other accounts you had at the time to both the auth + PM.
  • What would your default fighter layout be in that nyx?  Do you have a character that you are training to be able to fly one?
  • You don't have T2 triage and can't really fly an apostle on either of those characters, do you have it on another or plan to train/inject it soon?
  • What do you bring to SAS/PL that anyone with an F1 key doesn't?

Also @Matt Emery confirm please.

19 hours ago, Inira Serra said:

Couple of questions:

• What was your original characters name? You can add that to the PM with the APIs if you'd prefer, please add that API as well as those for any other accounts you had at the time to both the auth + PM.
  • What would your default fighter layout be in that nyx?  Do you have a character that you are training to be able to fly one?
  • You don't have T2 triage and can't really fly an apostle on either of those characters, do you have it on another or plan to train/inject it soon?
  • What do you bring to SAS/PL that anyone with an F1 key doesn't?

Also @Matt Emery confirm please.

• Sirilius was my original char back in 04-05. I came over with a couple of buddies from a random "MMO" called Darkspace. I do not have assess to that char or account (it's made on an email when I was 14 so no idea how to get it) My API for all my accounts are already on auth and PM-ed to Valan and JF
  • i should prob answer this fully when I am home. But I would go 3 heavy and 2 general light fighters. Go for the fastest heavies if we've landed further away. Otherwise go for the heavy hitting ones (once again I need to go through the stats to see which one I should use as default) . I have a char which I'll link an eveboard of later on which can fly a nyx. Needs s few more support skills. But will be ready in about a month or 2.  (EDIT: http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nymph_Node pw asdfg) And after looking at the stats, I guess I will use x3 cyclops squads for max DPS with x2 Einherji that I listed before, tho maybe go for the Firbolg variant for the higher DPS? This is defo an area of Eve where I look forward to learning more about :)
  • Apos and T2 triage is in the queue. I will be remapping to int/mem to get that done asap. If I recall from looking at evening yesterday, I'll be around 30-40 days away from it 
  • ive got 2 more JF pilots cooking at the moment, so would want to help with the background logistic work. Also enjoy scanning when I lived in WH and I've got a perfect scanning alt. I also have 6 accounts currently so sticking scouts/eyes/cyno during a fleet. I wouldn't want to use run a single char in a fight and be a f1 monkey only. Everywhere I've been, and given the opportunity, I've always helped with more than providing a warm body to the fleet. 

Ill answer part 2 in more detail this evening!

Edited by Ox Fast

14 hours ago, Ox Fast said:

PushX :)

ohhh your the competition so :P    bfl hauler here :)

confirming ile vouch for this special little snowflake

Scenario: You are in a Cynabal 150km off a hostile POS, you see a friendly Cynabal warp in and start anchoring a bubble just outside of the hostile POS, maybe 100km off the stick. Suddenly a Cynabal and Vexor from inside the POS warp right near the friendly Cynabal anchoring the bubble and burn at him. What do you do?

On 16/11/2016 at 10:49 PM, Inira Serra said:
2 hours ago, Calfis said:

Scenario: You are in a Cynabal 150km off a hostile POS, you see a friendly Cynabal warp in and start anchoring a bubble just outside of the hostile POS, maybe 100km off the stick. Suddenly a Cynabal and Vexor from inside the POS warp right near the friendly Cynabal anchoring the bubble and burn at him. What do you do?

Warp in!

Depending on our fits it'll dictate the range that I warp it, also our relative position to the hostiles. If arty we'd want to keep range, and I'd want to keep perpendicular to them to reduce radial velocity and actually land hits. If autos we'd go in closer but out of scram/neut range because if the vexor has blaster along with the drones, its gonna hit hard, and the combined DPS will most likely burn through us if they get on top. For both situations I'd be going for EMP rounds and going for the cynabal first as its most likely gonna be the least tanky out of the two, double armor rep vexors can be a pain to chew through, and if we are out of blaster range we should be able to melt the cynabal dps down before the friendly cynabal needs to think about getting out. When its just the vexor left, the friendly cynbal would be able to burn out of point range of the slower vexor to warp out if needed. I'm always in split minds about sending drones to take out other drones but I think in this situation, as our cynabal will most likely be passively tank,  it'll boil down to a dps race as to who can pop the first cynabal, so all our drones will be on the primary.

If that doesnt work, then we will die together in a blazing fire together.

EDIT: this assumes the POS isn't armed to the teeth, I'm assuming that the friendly cynabal isnt' taking a beating from the POS it self otherwise it'll be a pretty short fgight

Edited by Ox Fast

JUst wanted to add that with injector prices falling down currently, I will most likely inject my main toon into t2 triage 

1 hour ago, Ox Fast said:

Warp in!

Depending on our fits it'll dictate the range that I warp it, also our relative position to the hostiles. If arty we'd want to keep range, and I'd want to keep perpendicular to them to reduce radial velocity and actually land hits. If autos we'd go in closer but out of scram/neut range because if the vexor has blaster along with the drones, its gonna hit hard, and the combined DPS will most likely burn through us if they get on top. For both situations I'd be going for EMP rounds and going for the cynabal first as its most likely gonna be the least tanky out of the two, double armor rep vexors can be a pain to chew through, and if we are out of blaster range we should be able to melt the cynabal dps down before the friendly cynabal needs to think about getting out. When its just the vexor left, the friendly cynbal would be able to burn out of point range of the slower vexor to warp out if needed. I'm always in split minds about sending drones to take out other drones but I think in this situation, as our cynabal will most likely be passively tank,  it'll boil down to a dps race as to who can pop the first cynabal, so all our drones will be on the primary.

If that doesnt work, then we will die together in a blazing fire together.

EDIT: this assumes the POS isn't armed to the teeth, I'm assuming that the friendly cynabal isnt' taking a beating from the POS it self otherwise it'll be a pretty short fgight

Say we are arty and both decided to go for the Vexor first because it is closer to the both of us but then we hit its armor and realize its dual rep fit, we aren't in fleet and not in chat together, do you keep hitting the Vexor or do you independently switch to the Cynabal hoping I will realize what you are doing and do the same?

8 minutes ago, Calfis said:

Say we are arty and both decided to go for the Vexor first because it is closer to the both of us but then we hit its armor and realize its dual rep fit, we aren't in fleet and not in chat together, do you keep hitting the Vexor or do you independently switch to the Cynabal hoping I will realize what you are doing and do the same?

I was tempted to initially go for the switch as the cynabal would be my primary concern, but as we arent in fleet, there will be that lag between as both switching onto the same target. (if at all) and the fact that we will have to chew through the cynabals passive tanks. I'd also be concern that our primary cynabal would also be low here and it would be have an equivalent EHP as the other cynabal so we would have lost the DPS race already to pop a cynabal.

The best option is to carry on the vexor, its most likely going to be AAR fit so will run out of  paste soon, if it isn't it will have to use both reps to keep up with the dps of 2 cynabal + drones along with running its MWD to try get scram on the cynabal. Once on reload, would go for the extreme overheat to take it down.

My bad I mean we are both autocannon fit

6 minutes ago, Calfis said:

My bad I mean we are both autocannon fit

hmm then depends on whether they keep trying to chase us. The difference in speed between a cynabal and vexor would most likely mean that the cynabal would get ahead and we could tear it apart 2v1 with our autocannons w/o the vexor support.

If the friendly cynabal has been caught, then it would be best to burn in and blap the vexor together. Overheated we could do around ~1k dps together which it wouldnt be able to tank but we'd definitely lose one of us.

18 hours ago, Ox Fast said:

JUst wanted to add that with injector prices falling down currently, I will most likely inject my main toon into t2 triage 

you would be better off to inject an alt, as apostle alts are preferred. So you can always field it no matter where your main is

14 hours ago, sweetnjuicy said:

you would be better off to inject an alt, as apostle alts are preferred. So you can always field it no matter where your main is

Would need to start a new char for that, and between my main and the dread alt, would need even more! I am planning on training another alt into t2 triage for the future but for the time being my main will be triage!

Edited by Ox Fast

1 hour ago, Ox Fast said:

Would need to start a new char for that, and between my main and the dread alt, would need even more! I am planning on training another alt into t2 triage for the future but for the time being my main will be triage!

A triage alt is mandatory in PL so you may want to rethink that a little bit, your main being your only triage is a bit useless if your main is in the subcap fleet on grid and all hell breaks lose and we need apostles

App in game when your ready.

Delete all your API's and put a fresh set of ALL your accounts in the authent again, mail Valan and Myself those to.

Welcome to SAS.