Sign in to follow this  
Dunn Calderbank

Dunn Calderbank

Section 1: Some Stuff About You

♥1♥ What іs your timezone‚ primary language and approximately how many hours of EVE do you play per week? Tell us a little about your real life‚ your age‚ occupation etc.

USA East Coast,. I live in Virginia. I speak English. I play about 15 hours a week, work allowing. I am the Virginia Division Trainer for Wegmans Pharmacy Technicians. I am 35 and a Gemini. I travel up and down the 95 corridor to take care of my stores from Northern VA to the Richmond area. I am usually away from my house at least 5 night s month. I am usually off weekends but I am an avid D&D player and participate in 2 bi-monthly games. I have been in love with Eve from the first moment I saw an add for it online back in 2008. Sci-Fi is my favorite type of fiction, unfortunately there are not any great sci-fi RPGs so I have to be content with playing a wizard. My first passion in Eve is being a space trucker; flying a JF is great fun! I've always wanted to fly a capital combat ships in eve and you all are the group to do it with.

♥2♥ What are your feelings about Taylor Swift? Which Taylor Swift song inspires you the most and why?

I think I would know one of her songs on the radio but I would be unable to tell you the song's title. She is super hot in a mean-girl kinda way.

♥3♥ Do you approve of scamming people in EVE? Have you ever done so? Do you think it’s okay not to honor ransoms?

Scamming is for people who can't play Eve or know how to leave Jita. I am an honorable pilot and have always honored ransoms in the past; if another pilot and myself can come to an equitable deal, sticking to it gives you credit in the future.

♥4♥ Do you approve of meta-gaming and spying in EVE? Have ever you done so or had it done to you? Do you have any useful spy alts? PM details about them to Elise Randolph.

Sure, it's part of the game. That's why vetting new corp mates is important. I have never been a spy. (But of course that is what a spy WOULD say).

♥5♥ List all of your EVE characters with links to skill sheets. Note your main character‚ skill points of each character‚ specializations and how long you’ve had each character.

Dunn is the only toon I sub. I did go back and start training Alphas on some old -ass toons that are under 3 mill SP. I figure free skills is better than no skills.

1) Dunn Calderbank - 60 mil SP - main toon

2) Zaq Athers - 8 mil SP - freighter hauler alt

3) Reggiebold Drakkenson - 2.5 mil SP

4) Samantha Oxolot - 500K SP - PI/hauler alt

5) Anwar Saigot - ~800K SP - old ass toon

6) Nayal Sadat - 2.7 mil SP 

7) Hank Calderbank - 2.4 mil SP - PI/hauler alt

8) Cliff Yarblonski - ~500K SP - old ass toon

9) Tessor Domall - 2.2 mil SP - old ass toon

♥6♥ What ships can you pilot and what ships do you like? What is your play style? Do you have any FC experience? If so‚ on what scale? What other roles are you familiar with in fleets?

Caldari ships are my bread and butter. I can fly a little bit of everything but I only have T2 medium hybrids and T2 missiles (rockets,  LM, HM, HAM). I can fly caldari JFs and the Thanatos carrier. If it's Caldari I can fly most of it (no t2 BCs or t2 BBs). In my last Corp I was the de facto FC because I was one of the only pilots with ANY FC experience (usualy small gangs, less than 10 pilots). TAOE are a great group of guys but they are an Industrial Corp and I was looking for more combat (PvP and ratting).

♥7♥ Do you have an independent way to make income? Do you pay for EVE with PLEX or money?

I subscibe for 1 year at a time on this toon. Cash I make in game is for spending! I've been known to PLEX if I need a isk infusion.

♥8♥ How long have you been playing EVE? Tell us a little about your EVE history‚ greatest achievements‚ your favorite fights or kills‚ previous corporations and alliances‚ and any past friendly or unfriendly relationships you’ve had with us.

I've played on and off since 2009. I've never been big enough to even appear on you all's radar. I've lived in Catch for most of this toon's null life (1 jump in the JF from mendori to n-8bz6 or br-n97). I have never been part of the politics in my old corps; I was friendly with everyone and (usually) was one of the more 'experienced' players. And by experienced I mean more SP than most of my Corp mates. I was always eager to learn new tactics and you will see here that I am a gang fighter. I like to be on comms (listening, not jaber-jawing away) so I can respond to buddies in distress or smash interlopers. (I love to talk and I have a wonderfully clear voice but I understand that I am low on the totem pole so I gotta keep my mouth shut and ears open to learn and succeed).

♥9♥ List any relevant killboard links to your PvP characters‚ and explanations of any significant losses.

The question above has the link to my zkillboard.

♥10♥ Why do you want to join us? Where did you hear about us? List any references or vouches in HABIT or PL (MAKE SURE you’ve talked to them first before posting here).

You guys are the big time. From all the smack talk on reddit and the webz. You can judge a man by his enemies. I know Lucius Ventrue IRL (he is pals with my old roommate and my old roommate knew we were his only pals who played Eve so he introduced us). We fly together most Monday nights till a bout midnight EST. I am currently part of his PL-Alt Corp VAG. I can be seen buzzing about the LUV2RUB Fortizar some week nights.

Section 2: Ship Setups

♥11♥ Give a setup for a ship or ships you would likely solo PvP in‚ even if you never solo PvP (multiboxing setups are fine).

ORTHRUS

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II x5
w/ Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile

Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Large Shield Extender II x2
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II x2
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Medium Auxiliary Thrusters I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior IIs

♥12♥ Give a setup for an armour tanked HAC or T3.

SACRILEGE

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II x5
w/ Caldari Navy Scourge HAM
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Warp Disruptor II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
F-23 Compact Remote Sensor Booster
w/ Scan Resolution Script

1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Ballistic Control System II x2
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corelum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II x2

Valkyrie IIs

♥13♥ Give a setup for a Machariel or long-range HAC/T3.

EAGLE-EYE SNIPER

250mm Railgun II x5

w/ Spike Charges

Adaptive Invuln Field II x2

EM Ward Field II

10 mn AB II

F-S9 Large Shield Extender x2

Damage Control II

Mag Field Stabs II x3

Core Defence Field Extender II

♥14♥ Give a Remote Repair Battleship setup.

NESTOR

Large Remote Armor Reparer II x4

Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II x3

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II x2

w/ Tracking Speed Scripts

Large Cap battery II x2

Drone Navigation Computer II x2

Drone Damage Amp II x3

Adaptive Nanoplating II x2

Large Armor Repairer II

Large Egress Port Maximizer II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Large Remote Repair Augmentor I

Warrior IIs

Valkyrie IIs

Garde IIs

♥15♥ Give a setup for a combat carrier you would use with us. If you have a supercarrier‚ post its current setup instead.

THANATOS

Networked Sensor Array
Fighter Support Unit I x4

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II x3
w/ Tracking Speed Script
Drone Navigation Computer II x2

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II x2
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
25000mm Steel Plates I x2

Capital Trimark Armor Pump I x3

♥16♥ If any of your characters can pilot Heavy Interdictors‚ give a setup for a Heavy Interdictor you’d use with us.

HIC is currently being trained after carrier.

Section 3: EVE Knowledge

This next section is designed to get to know more about your EVE knowledge and what you would do in different situations.

♥17♥ While roaming‚ you find a Drake in a belt and engage it (you decide what ship(s) you’re roaming in‚ and give us the setups here too). Half way through the fight‚ while the Drake has you warp disrupted‚ a Basilisk uncloaks. What do you do?

I are flying a Falcon (me) and my pal is in an Orthrus. I would utilize my powerful jams to try and keep both ships from locking us or each other. While they are jammed, we alpha the logi and keep an eye out for a local spike or cyno.

♥18♥ You are roaming with an alliance member‚ both of you in Vagabonds‚ and spot a lone Drake on a gate in an empty system. What do you do?

Stay out of scram range and check dotlan for gate jumps or kills in the current system and the adjacent system. This sounds like bait to me.

♥19♥ You are solo roaming in a Vagabond and jump into a gate-camp with some interceptors and Arazus. How do you survive‚ if possible?

Do not agress and burn back to the gate asap.

♥20♥ You and a friend are in supercarriers‚ in low-sec, killing a small offline tower. Suddenly‚ a Falcon uncloaks and 50 roleplayers bridge in on top of both of you with eight HICs and 50k dps worth of ships. How do you survive?

Call for help in the intel channel, go full tank and light a cyno then blast those weakass RPs as help arrives.

♥21♥ You and a friend are in scrubby battlecruisers (e.g. Hurricanes or Harbingers) with weak tanks‚ in low sec. A Tempest aggresses you under sentry fire and neutralizes all your cap‚ but you are able to MWD away out to 30km after taking a lot of damage. Do you leave your friend to die?

No way! Ride together, die together! If you both overheat everything you just might take that bastard down!

♥22♥ You are in Old Man Star and have intel of a Nyx warping around. Describe the steps you would take to find the Nyx.

Get a few non-corp alts to scout. Be sure the scouts have cynos and are within jump range.

EXTRA CREDIT

I can fly Caldari and Galentte Logis

I am fly thte Typhoon for POS bashing and the Napoc 

I can fly the Tengu

f you had to choose between every person in Virginia dying but everyone else in the USA lives, or everyone in the USA except for those in Virginia die and only Virginians live: which would you choose?

Bye-bye VA!

Edited by Dunn Calderbank
updated

Lucius is a good man and active player - decent vouch.

Are you able to fly any of our current main ships/fits?
Check the killboard for recent PL losses and ask Lucius which ones are our main fleets atm.

If not, do you have experience flying any support roles?

If you had to choose between every person in Virginia dying but everyone else in the USA lives, or everyone in the USA except for those in Virginia die and only Virginians live: which would you choose?

U should read the questions again and make sure that you actually answerd them all...

Hint: question 5

Edited by Bobmon

#3 and #20 are so bad I won't even bother reading the rest of this shit. Antivouch

If you're gonna password protect your eveboard link maybe give us the password to view it?

gib password.PNG

Excluding pods, you have 7 kills since the start of July.

One of those was a Shuttle, one of those was a Velator. A third was a half-fit TEST Rifter.

Across all of the characters you listed, you have 50 kills shown on Zkillboard, and 63 losses, since 2009, and while it's all fair and well wanting to join the 'big time', we are first and foremost a nullsec PVP alliance - something that you appear to be woefully inexperienced at.

Given your PVP history, or lack thereof, I'd be hesitent even recommending that you apply to WAFFLES.  I'd recommend that you go and spend some time in Horde, and learn how PVP actually works in the game.  Rack up some solo and fleet experience and then consider reapplying in 6-12 months once you have more substantial PVP experience to back up your application.

Edited by Phoenus
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Phoenus said:

Excluding pods, you have 7 kills since the start of July.

One of those was a Shuttle, one of those was a Velator. A third was a half-fit TEST Rifter.

Across all of the characters you listed, you have 50 kills shown on Zkillboard, and 63 losses, since 2009, and while it's all fair and well wanting to join the 'big time', we are first and foremost a nullsec PVP alliance - something that you appear to be woefully inexperienced at.

Given your PVP history, or lack thereof, I'd be hesitent even recommending that you apply to WAFFLES.  I'd recommend that you go and spend some time in Horde, and learn how PVP actually works in the game.  Rack up some solo and fleet experience and then consider reapplying in 6-12 months once you have more substantial PVP experience to back up your application.

not counting he can fly only maybe proteus and maybe oneiros (does he have logi 5?) of the whole doctrines we have. he can't fly apostle nor triage. Honestly i think this recruit would be more fitted for Horde.

Haha, I thought I removed the password for eveboard. It is n0sleep

You all bring up some good points. I'll keep plugging along.

I will skill inject to a Guardian to be sure I can fly in fleets in the proper fit. In Spaceship Samurai I was a Logi/Jump Freighter guy. My Basilisk wasn't great but I could keep people moving forward. I'm not the best Logi pilot in the game but I like the role and I like to fleet up. I'll be sure to use some combat drones so I can get  in on some kills. I'm dedicated to playing, I follow orders and I'll be on comms. I can cap chain and follow an anchor. 

Last few nights have been taking Dunn out ... over last two days nearly doubled his original kills ... The fact he will roam and setup on a gate for a period of time is a plus for me.  Addittionally Dunn was always rocking logi in the fleets I was in with him, bastard always was a healer in MMOs

Put him in a trial run ...after a month do another assessment, if its shit, he can hit horde 

https://zkillboard.com/character/384340717/

2 hours ago, Lucius Ventrue said:

Last few nights have been taking Dunn out ... over last two days nearly doubled his original kills ... The fact he will roam and setup on a gate for a period of time is a plus for me.  Addittionally Dunn was always rocking logi in the fleets I was in with him, bastard always was a healer in MMOs

Put him in a trial run ...after a month do another assessment, if its shit, he can hit horde 

Take him out in a Rorq :D

Doubling 25 kills (accumulated in 7! years) is nothing to be proud of; ur kb is bad to such an extend that I'd rather say it doesn't exist.

I don't like any of ur fits either:

- self rep on a remote bs

- sebo with scan reso script on an ahac

- 4 t1 fsu's on a combat carrier

etc

Short skill check:

- no commandship

- not a single ahac apart from a tengu (which we never use apart from an occasional pete fleet)

- bad logi (logi 4, remote reps 4; only oneiros)

- mediocre navpoc (amarr bs 3, sentry skill not even injected)

- thanatos with t2 fighters, carrier 3 and jdc 4 (phoebe was a while ago, right?)

- not even close to an apostle (horrible remote rep/cap transfer skills, amarr carrier skill not injected); apparently not aware of the 'mandatory' fax

- typhoon with t2 cruise

some quotes of you:

On 3.12.2016 at 5:59 AM, Dunn Calderbank said:

Dunn is the only toon I sub. I did go back and start training Alphas on some old -ass toons that are under 3 mill SP. I figure free skills is better than no skills.

only one char skilling and no chance of having an usefull alt online at the same time (dualboxing?)

Caldari ships are my bread and butter.

nice; the race we use the least (not at all apart from pete's)

My first passion in Eve is being a space trucker; flying a JF is great fun!

U chose the wrong alliance to apply to. Sure, jf dudes are essential, but we still are primarily a 'nullsec pvp-alliance' (as long as we aren't losing rorquals to test).

tl;dr

I don't mean that in an offensive way at all, but please join horde for half a year/a year, get some pvp experience and get some usefull skills, consider to get at least a second account and then come back and apply again.

Edited by Jon Reynor

3 hours ago, Lucius Ventrue said:

Interloper:
LOL. I'm in Horde and I can tell you that 25 kills per month and 62% snuggly on your main is bad even by our standards (and we have no standards). Unless you do mostly solo - which is not the case.

I guess I'll see you in fleet soon.

Now don't mind  me, carry on...

DisGonBGud.gif

Edited by Victor CheckMate

1 hour ago, Victor CheckMate said:

Interloper:

Hordelings posting in PL recruitment thread, what a day to be alive.

P.S. No, you shouldn't do that.

Thanks so much for your interest, and thanks to Lucius for helping him out as well.
Once you get some more experience, in-game-skills, and kills under your belt, please feel free to apply again if Lucius is still willing to vouch for you.