Rythen Risalo

Rythen Risalo

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Section One 

~Introduction~

1. List your vouch(s) and have them confirm in the thread.
Flamie

2. Where do you live IRL and when do you play(EVE TIME)?
Ontario, Canada.  I play during USTZ evenings and night time.  I'm usually on around 21:00. until about 05:00

3. How old are you?

4. What languages can you speak?
English and Bad French

5. How many hours do you play per week? ( On Average )
This varies based on how busy I am with real life but usually at least 10 hours per week and usually quite a bit more.

6. Link your killboard. 

Rythen Risalo - https://zkillboard.com/character/92147787/

Vikysya - https://zkillboard.com/character/90064577/

7. List all your characters with a short description of what they do‚ and include a link to their skill sheet http://eveboard.com

Any of the ones with passwords it is ‘PLapp’
Rythen Risalo – main char, subcap and FAX pilot http://eveboard.com/pilot/Rythen_Risalo

Vikysya – Titan pilot http://eveboard.com/pilot/Vikysya

Darth Joe – Cyno alt http://eveboard.com/pilot/Darth_Joe

Darth Stephen – Cyno alt http://eveboard.com/pilot/Darth_Stephen

Ramrodicus Maximus – freighter and cyno alt http://eveboard.com/pilot/Ramrodicus_Maximus

Charles Seepage – Currently dictor alt, going to be doing FAX, carriers and dreads on him http://eveboard.com/pilot/Charles_Seepage

Abigail Seepage – No longer own her she used to be my FAX alt but I sold her for titan so Charles will be filling in this role.

Aude chet – Market alt http://eveboard.com/pilot/Aude_Chet

8. How are you financially? Tell us about your current wallet/assets situation and how you make ISK.
I have about 4b liquid at the moment and another 5b or so in NC doctrine ships that I can liquidate.  I have made isk by doing pretty much everything from ratting and mining to market trading and JF piloting. These days I don’t really have the patience for PVE stuff so I just tend to buy PLEX when I need the isk. If I am short any isk for PL doctrine ships I would just buy a PLEX or 2.

9. Which caps can you fly? Do you own any of said caps?

I can fly Apostle and Erebus and own both of these. I used to be able to fly a moros and Thanatos but my dread/carrier pilot turned into my titan pilot so I no longer have a dread or carrier pilot at the moment but I have a character who’s working on that.

10. What's your Steam username?

Rythen

Section Two (A)

~Who are you?~

1a. What was your previous corp and why did you leave?
My current corp is DICE, I joined them because my previous corp Hooded Underworld Guys was being forced to leave NC. because of having too many inactive members. I decided I wanted to stay with NC so I could continue using my titan but I informed Ladyscarlet, the DICE CEO, shortly after joining that I would be pursuing an application into N0X.

2a. Give us quick summary of what you've done in EvE‚ who you've been with‚ accomplishments in your career‚ what your ambitions are‚ etc.
I initially started playing the game in 2008 but never really got into the game and spent all the time in high sec accomplishing nothing.  I then restarted in 2011 or so which is when I actually got into the game. At this time I didn’t really know who the major groups in Eve were and ended up joining a small CFC corp within Executive Outcomes. I ended up quitting after a few months because I didn’t really enjoy their atmosphere and I ended up thinking that all nullsec groups were like them.  Another year or so later I came back to the game and joined up with a smaller corp in Darkness called Immortals of New Eden and quickly rose to be the main director in the corp. Not long after becoming #2 in the corp, the CEO went completely inactive and didn’t leave me with the ability to do things the corp needed. As a corp we decided to reform under a new corp and stay with Darkness. This new corp we formed was called Sticky Purple Syndicate.  We stayed with Darkness for about another 6 months before deciding that as a group we wanted to be somewhere that used more capitals and supercapitals so we merged our corp into Hooded Underworld Guys within NCdot.

3a. What is your favorite ship to fly and why?

This is definitely cliché I’m sure but I really enjoy flying my Erebus because there’s something about the thrill of being in such an expensive ship.

For solo PVP and small gangs I really like flying a dual prop Taranis because it looks very engagable to most people but is surprisingly deadly.  I’ve also started flying a stratios recently for setting up bubble camps and that’s been quite a bit of fun.

4a. Why do you want to join N0X?
I had the opportunity when PL and NCdot were both in Saranen to fly with a lot of the Carpe Noctem guys including Ipsimus who FCed quite frequently.  I also recently went on a N0X roam and had a fun time. Really seems like a group I’d fit in with and I also really like that N0X does it’s own roams outside of the big alliance ops.

5a. When will you most likely be available for an interview (Eve time)?
Pretty much any time in the evening EST.

6a. Do you have any FC experience? If so‚ list with who‚ and link any relevant media if it exists. (Videos‚ Recordings etc.)
I have some small gang FC experience from the time when I was a CEO, I tried to make content happen for my bros. Before leaving Darkness I also had begun FCing strat ops under the supervision of more senior FCs.  After joining NCdot I continued FCing small corp stuff and after getting to know everyone in N0X I wouldn’t mind doing that again if no one else wants to step up.

7a. If you had a titan tackled and you had just taken a huge bite of food what would you do?
Spit out food, give intel to my bros. Jump in supers and titans, blap blap blap.

8a. What's your opinion of Taylor Swift‚ A.K.A. T-Swift A.K.A. T-Swizzle?
She is a guilty pleasure of mine, especially when drunk or when super baked.

Section Three (B)

~Critical Thinking~

1b. We're flying Tanky Tengu's with Tengu logistics ‚ you're in a Hictor fitt with an MWD and you're falling behind and fear you may be out of rep range‚ why might it be a bad idea to pulse your MWD towards the fleet to catch up?
 [REDACTED]
2b. You're in a Dread shooting a POS‚ you realize you fucked up big time and didn’t put enough cap boosters in your Dread‚ what do you do?(Besides commit honorabru-sapuku)PLEASE EXPLAIN IN GREAT DETAIL
 [REDACTED]

3b. You're in null solo roaming in a Sabre‚ fragging subhumans on gates. You jump into a station-less system and see a cyno up‚ it disappears but you've already engaged warp. Through some cosmic coincidence you find a Nyx that just got done smartbombing its in-cyno and is beginning it's align down to it's POS. Describe in detail what you would do to secure the frag for your bros in the Legion.

[REDACTED]

4bPlease give a detailed explanation and overview of proper damage mitigation tactics when logi anchoring. Include any and all situations or scenarios that these various tactics would be implemented in.
 [REDACTED]

5b. You're on a Maelstrom fleet‚ we're heavily engaged with whatever nerd-kings we happen to be fighting at the time‚ a flight of bombers decloak and bomb you into 50% shield and leave your capacitor dry. What do you do?
 [REDACTED]

6b. You’re Fcing a fleet of 30 (23 Gila - 5 logi - Links - scout) and you engage a (40) drake fleet‚ with no logi‚ when suddenly a cyno is lit and the enemy brings in a FAX‚ as well as some more support. Your fleet has recently come through a WH which is in bridge range of your alliance’s staging system but the WH is now very unstable‚ and has little mass. You have a total of 300mil KG mass to play around with. You ping to get more support and get ready to bridge‚ you get a total of 9 reinforcements (Cuz lol no one comes on your fleets).

What ships do you have your reinforcements bring? Bearing in 
mind your fleet is barely tanking and can’t break the FAX. Explain why you picked what you did.

[REDACTED]

7b. You are one of three (Cloaky) interdictors trying to keep a Revenant bubbled while the rest of the fleet burns 8 jumps to reach you‚ The Revenant is fit with mostly neuts and smartbombs in the highs. Explain everything you do while your fleet burns to stay alive and make sure the Revenant remains tackled?
 [REDACTED]
8b. Some disgusting scrublords made the terrible mistake of attempting to RF a N0X POS with their garbage Dominix doctrine in range of our staging‚ you quickly hop in your blap dread and prepare to bring the hammer down on the subhumans. What steps do you take to make sure you don't make your Legion look like trash at Blap dreading? (Give Fit and full load-out + A brief blap-dreading tutorial.)

[REDACTED]

9b. Provide fits for four ships of your choosing; two of which having to be suitable for fleet warfare (Preferably Original Concepts) ‚ and the other two must be a capital ships. Explain your choices of both hulls and modules ( EFT format ) BONUS POINTS FOR A WILDCARD SOLO-FIT!

[REDACTED] 

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

10b. If you had to go 10 rounds with Kimbo Slice‚ what would be your strategy for survival? ( Assume he's still alive smart ass )
I honestly didn’t know who this was and had to look him up since I’m not much of an MMA fan.  I’d try and turtle up as much as I could and keep my hands up to try and protect my face.

11b. Do you for any reason ever talk in local?
To say hi to friends or to say good fight.  I’m not much of a smack talker and if I wanted to spam local constantly I’d just join TEST.

12b. What do you think your biggest flaw as a person is?

I have absolutely dreadful time management and procrastination.  Eve pings frequently cause me to put off whatever work I’m doing but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

13b. Take this test and post your results here. ( No, we're not kidding. ) 

INTP

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

VOICE TEST (C)

God I could barely read that without laughing. 

Edited by Dog0fWaRR

Vouch Confirmed. came on a roam with us and was not a Dumb.

Oh great, another 'bus pleb.

----------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated:

Are you retarded?

True or False: Fuck Vesp. 

Complete this Test. https://testmoz.com/1014055  Provide your answers and final grade in a reply below.

Additionally, please utilize MS Paint draw us a picture of  a kitty. Points awarded for attention to detail and creativity. 

2 hours ago, Leo Nim said:

Sorry what mate? I couldn't hear you due to my better tracking / DPS / Dmg Application...

Sorry we've already met our quota for Canadians.

Hmm... He didnt seem like a dumb dumb yesterday and he has a 'bus.... 

What is the best super in your opinion and why is it the hel ? 

Has Logi 5, Has fax training with t2 triage, has a titan, isnt a complete shitter as far as we know, the flamie vouch isn't ideal but it works, seems alright to me.

Posted (edited)

Ayyy an INTP bro

++

App is pretty solid tbh, just give me a bit to look over your skills. @Qwynn Wot u fink? He lekker brah?

Also, please remember to answer any and all questions Carpe bros post.

Edited by Dog0fWaRR

What will you bring to the corp? Are you another F1 pusher? What makes you worth picking up?

Whoa, an actual N0X app.

Has an Apostle. :thumbsup:

Has a Partybus. :thumbsup:

Not retarded. :thumbsup:  (Apparently)

App is pretty kiff.

How thick is your hazmat suit?

What is the approximate depth of brads moms vaginal canal? Keep in mind flamie has been dippin the burrito in there quite often.

Ty.

7 hours ago, Nex Gaius said:

Sorry what mate? I couldn't hear you due to my better tracking / DPS / Dmg Application...

You'll have to speak up, it's hard to hear you when you've bumped all the way over -----------------> there again and made all that useless. 

Explain in detail why the midslots on your Apostle are what they are and give reasoning.

Posted (edited)

Please take the following as advice, not criticism. Not to worry, your skills suffice for what we will require of you.

On your main, it would behoove you to flesh out the rest of your medium weapon system competencies, you should also strive to have all of your BCs at V, training recon V wouldn't be a bad idea either as well as getting your HACs to at least IV. Though overall, not bad, pretty focused.

On your Titan pilot "Vikysya", I'd like it if @Nex Gaius gave you some idea of what you should be training etc, and I'd also like it if you took his advice seriously, he's a skilled & knowledgeable Erebus pilot, an opinion you can trust.

In the mean time, go ahead and send myself and @Qwynn your FULL apis for every single character you own or have access to.

P.S. - Once again, be sure to answer any and all questions N.O.X. members post on this thread, not matter how silly the request, or difficult the riddle. Failure to do so will result in a serious hit to the quality of your application overall.

Edited by Dog0fWaRR

12 hours ago, Leo Nim said:

----------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated:

Are you retarded?

True or False: Fuck Vesp. 

Only retarded in the good ways.

:thinking:

Fuck Vesp. 

11 hours ago, Roland Cassidy said:

Complete this Test. https://testmoz.com/1014055  Provide your answers and final grade in a reply below.

Additionally, please utilize MS Paint draw us a picture of  a kitty. Points awarded for attention to detail and creativity. 

Here's a screenshot from taking the test.  I'm still working on the cat picture, will get back to you.

https://mightytext.net/zOZmSR

6 hours ago, Fire Elf said:

Hmm... He didnt seem like a dumb dumb yesterday and he has a 'bus.... 

What is the best super in your opinion and why is it the hel ? 

Haha I actually do really love the Hel because it's just the coolest looking super in my opinion.  Unfortunately when I had a supercarrier I settled with an aeon because all the alliances I've been in have been armor.  No love for shield caps.

5 hours ago, Amnesty SayGen said:

What will you bring to the corp? Are you another F1 pusher? What makes you worth picking up?

I'm always willing to utilize my alts to help provide content. Whether this is moving a cyno, burning pings with a ceptor or using a dictor alt for tackle. I'm also easy to get along with on comms and wouldn't just be someone who's only around for CTAs.

3 hours ago, Wexa Tion said:

Explain in detail why the midslots on your Apostle are what they are and give reasoning.

Cap boosters are fairly self-explanatory they are used to replenish cap while repping. The sensor booster has multiple uses, can be scripted for scan res or ECCM depending on if the enemy fleet has ECM on field this would help me to avoid being jammed or to lock faster if scan resolution is loaded. Cap battery helps to give some resistance to neut pressure.

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Dog0fWaRR said:

On your main, it would behoove you to flesh out the rest of your medium weapon system competencies, you should also strive to have all of your BCs at V, training recon V wouldn't be a bad idea either as well as getting your HACs to at least IV. Though overall, not bad, pretty focused.On your

Titan pilot "Vikysya", I'd like it if @Nex Gaius gave you some idea of what you should be training etc, and I'd also like it if you took his advice seriously, he's a skilled & knowledgeable Erebus pilot, an opinion you can trust.

In the mean time, go ahead and send myself and @Qwynn your FULL apis for every single character your own or have access to.

For my main I'll definitely take this advice.  I had begun training links because I wasn't sure what to train next but instead I will focus on the skills you recommended.

I may or may not have mentioned in my application that I've only owned my titan for a couple months now so I'm more than willing to accept any advice from an experienced owner.

I'll send you guys my APIs soon.

Edited by Rythen

Please explain in as little detail as possible why jorts are cool

2 minutes ago, Nan VanDoom said:

Please explain in as little detail as possible why jorts are cool

Calfs.

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Rythen said:

Cap boosters are fairly self-explanatory they are used to replenish cap while repping. The sensor booster has multiple uses, can be scripted for scan res or ECCM depending on if the enemy fleet has ECM on field this would help me to avoid being jammed or to lock faster if scan resolution is loaded. Cap battery helps to give some resistance to neut pressure.

please try to figure out why you are wrong, explain it, and fix yourself accordingly

i'll give you the benefit of the doubt since nc. seems to have this apostle fit as a standard and ill give you a hint because i very much want to like you: killboards

Edited by Wexa Tion

14 minutes ago, Wexa Tion said:

please try to figure out why you are wrong, explain it, and fix yourself accordingly

i'll give you the benefit of the doubt since nc. seems to have this apostle fit as a standard and ill give you a hint because i very much want to like you: killboards

Hmm.  After playing around with this fit in Pyfa I think I see what you are getting at. The large cap battery, as opposed to a capital cap battery, has very very little impact on the capacitor overall and it seems like a pretty wasted slot that was stuck in because of limited PG and CPU. The fit would need to be reworked so that a capital battery could be put in.

And you were right in your assumption, this is the standard 'disposable' buffer fit FAX fit that NC currently uses.